IGNORED

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

jimnm
Note: This thread is 1919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phil looked as sharp as a guy who is on his 11th hour loading an Amazon warehouse on Dec 23rd.  

I really hope it's not a blowout. Anti-climaxes suck. 

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

The way Phil's playing, their gonna have to handicap this thing.

Nah, it's golf.  Two words: Jack Fleck.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:02 AM, turtleback said:

I think pairs challenge matches would be fun.  Tiger and Phil take on the world.  Lots of interesting pairings, including some international ones.  Kaymer and Langer.  Sergio and Cabrera-Bello.  Rory and McDowell.  Poulter and Westwood.  

And domestically, Fowler and Spieth.  Johnson and Thomas.  Bubba and Reed.

Just to do some spitballing.

Tiger and Phil as a pair? Didn't work well in the Ryder Cup in 04...

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

That was 14 years ago, as you know. Things have changed.

Wouldn't have really made a difference this year, I don't think, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

That was 14 years ago, as you know. Things have changed.

Wouldn't have really made a difference this year, I don't think, though.

Very true. Mickelson is much much worse now...

24 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

LOL if you pair them, you only lose 1 point instead of 2.

6 hours ago, weekend hacker1 said:

We aren't talking about the Ryder Cup.

Rich - in name only

I’ve heard hype about them being on mics so we can hear the trash talk. I’m not too interested in that. And it’s a gamble. If Tiger has Phil 5 down how much smack can Phil really give? Only two scenarios give me any interest: It’s actually really tight and it appears each really wants to win....or Tiger just totally Steven Aimes Phil.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Had a little chuckle, when someone on another site brought up the fact that atleast this time, one of them is guaranteed to win a match. 😁

My daughter is hearing rumblings that the company she works for is getting some comp tickets. If she does get them, and passes one or two my way, I would probably go see it. The course is a very nice walk, and the golf would be a plus.

Like others, I think Woody is going to easily win this contest. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Let´s make a virtual match against tiger and phil with what they score on the single match at the ryder cup. (just 4 fun)

Tiger   4 3 4 5 4 4 5 3 3 4 3 3 5 6 4 3 4
Phil     5 3 5 5 5 3 5 3 -  4 2 5 4 5 4 - 

Phil concedes 9th hole to be 3 down against tiger.
Been 1 down on the 16th, phil hit the water, tiger makes par to win the hole and be 2 up and 2 to play.
With 4 on the 17th hole Tiger is really close to win the match.

In just 18th holes everything can happen between to great players. Tiger is playing better but i think that the difference in 18th holes are minimal. Maybe 55% Tiger, 45% Phil. 

1 hour ago, 3jacker said:

It'll be funny if Phil buckles down, gets his game in order and wins.

It is a possibility.  

He’d have to do more than that to win if Tiger plays well.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Knowing Phil, this whole latter part of the year/Ryder Cup performance is a big ploy to skew the betting odds on the match.  In which he's vested indirectly as well!

If Phil plays good, he can beat Tiger.  TW is not a god.  Phil could play well and shoot 63.  Tiger could play great and shoot 64.  It happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Well - they estimated a  price for the Pay per View - it's about $20 more than I'd want to pay.....

and the poster still has Tiger with a left handed driver, too

Bill - 

44 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Well - they estimated a  price for the Pay per View - it's about $20 more than I'd want to pay.....

and the poster still has Tiger with a left handed driver, too

What was the price?  Although personally, a price of $20 is $20 more than I would pay.

Rich - in name only

3 minutes ago, turtleback said:

What was the price?  Although personally, a price of $20 is $20 more than I would pay.

2018-10-25 13_28_09-Golf News, Tournaments, Tours & Leaderboards _ Golf Channel.jpg

Bill - 

• Administrator

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!