Sign in to follow this  
lastings

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

822 posts / 50232 viewsLast Reply

Just now, ChrisP said:

Jesus I think Webb Simpson is the only American who may win today. This is a tidal wave of blue.

Yep. And US giving a spectacular clinic on 'how to pull a putt less than 8'

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Jesus I think Webb Simpson is the only American who may win today. This is a tidal wave of blue.

Finau is a lock right now. 

10 minutes ago, Killa said:

Yup Finau too. But that’s it.

The Mickelson match is going very poorly already.

Edited by ChrisP

Thomas v Rory has been fun to watch. 

11 minutes ago, Killa said:

Yup. He is kicking Fleetwoods tail up and down the course. 

16 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Too many of the matches are tight to be saying this just yet.

22 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

I'm not sure why the US team spent the money on an airline ticket to Paris for Phil.

Because at any minute he could turn it on and win holes unlike the others....but I doubt he will cause he looks tired.

6 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Because at any minute he could turn it on and win holes unlike the others....but I doubt he will cause he looks tired.

Disagree with this. Any player can turn it on and win holes when they get hot just like Phil. This isn’t the Phil of 30 years old anymore. This is a player in his late 40s who was not on good form when he was picked.

Edited by ChrisP

Good 20 minutes for US. JT looks good to go 1 up down 18.

Great up and down Rors

Edited by Hazsa

3 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Good 20 minutes for US. JT looks good to go 1 up down 18.

A/S. 

DJ with the 1% putt.

Rory just lost his match on 18. 

Not bad actually I thought Thomas would beat him badly. 

Sad end to that match but JT put the pressure on with a great drive.

and suddenly we’ve stopped hiking putts! This is gonna go down to the wire.

Edited by Hazsa

Glimmer of hope opening here. From the first half of matches, need Tiger to at least halve his match and Webb/Koepka to hold on. If that happens, the US would be tied at 10.5 with late matches going on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • My latest round, despite driving it poorly (popped up quite a few), I had less than 2 strokes lost approach.  But I had 9 strokes lost putting.  I still hit 4 GIR + another two with a full swing but not for regulation. So the approach part is nice! My sand shots have been really good lately.  Despite that I've had sand shots to hit. Last night and tonight I drained a lot of 3' and 6' putts on the practice green.  Reading Erik's post from a while back about not accelerating, and the pendulum, has helped, and now I'm thinking of that actively when practicing short putts.  I'll do a measured drill on these soon. 
    • I went through something very similar after a swing improvement session (lesson) and it terrified me.  My teaching pro told me it was just an adjustment period that old muscle memory was fighting.  He told me to just relax and go out and hit balls at the range for a few more days and it should all fall into place.  The next day, I was hitting the ball better than I ever had in the past. I hope you have a similar experience.
    • So as governor, I could say that wearing a burka for instance is a risk and make it illegal with a wave of my magic wand? It's a slippery slope. I'm not anti-mask. I am pro common sense. He made it a criminal offense in "red" counties, but a few months ago was letting felons out of prison to protect them from COVID-19. All the local and county police departments are releasing statements that they are not going to be the mask police, so what good does it do. The more they try to assert authority, the more people become opposed to what they say. Heck, my county sheriff put out a statement asking people to stop calling 9-1-1 when the see someone without a mask. 
    • Day 24 COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge Trail Elbow Left arm and left hand drill, 2 step swing Full swing practice with a 6i and 8i.  
    • My game is coming together.  Off the tee, I am improving from round to round.  There is still room for improvement, but I think I just need to get confident with the driver.  With my irons, I am literally hitting the ball better than I ever have.  My miss is now a thin shot, rather than a weak chunked shot that leaves me a full shot short of the green.  However, most of my irons are pure, or as close to pure, as they have ever been.  Today, I was striping four and five irons into greens protected by water without fear. My short game, while not getting me up and down for pars yet, is allowing me to limit the damage.  I have played my last two rounds, on difficult, tree lined courses, without a single triple bogey.  My last triple bogey was forty holes ago.  The putts that I am missing are burning the edges, and I stuck several five-to-ten footers right in the heart of the cup.  My lag putting is improving with every round, and my confidence with the putter is rising. My course management is improving as my swing is improving, because I am becoming more confident in my abilities.  When I am over a shot, my thoughts have shifted from just staying out of trouble, to actually focusing on targets.  My next step is to really get a better handle on my club distances.  As my swing has improved, my distances have increased, and I've got to figure them out so that I can avoid the debacles like happened on the 17th today.  I tried to lay-up with a seven iron, but hit it into the woods.  If I put that one into the fairway, I make par, instead of double bogey. My handicap is falling as my confidence is rising.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bob Bowers
      Bob Bowers
      (60 years old)
    2. Connor B
      Connor B
      (19 years old)
    3. GOLFNINJA
      GOLFNINJA
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...