IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Huh, the PGA is the only major Rickie doesn'tΒ have a second-place finish in (his best here was T3).Β Β 

I still want Tiger (obviously) but Rickie or DJ would be fun to see win.Β  Or if Zach Johnson won his first major here, but that'd be a huge surprise given how low ranked he was coming in.

Rickie hasn't won a whole lot of regular PGA tourneys, though. Just 4 total. He's an ATM machine but can't break through a whole lot. DJ has broken through 19 times on Tour and sniffed major after major, yet somehow only has a US Open. He's like the modern day Greg Norman. He's been snakebit.Β 

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Or if Zach Johnson won his first major here, but that'd be a huge surprise given how low ranked he was coming in.

:doh:πŸ˜‰

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 360 VR camera, whatever it's called is like the NBC one, but much better resolution.

I think this is more bizarre.

Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Not only is that not going to happen, there’s no reason it should.

Scoring is much higher than I thought it would be.

You don’t think Tiger could get some swing (driver) help? I’m asking, not saying he could. I’d just like to see the bogeys/DB stop happening.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You don’t think Tiger could get some swing (driver) help? I’m asking, not saying he could. I’d just like to see the bogeys/DB stop happening.

Butch is no more special than anyone else, and heck, I'm still not even sure he knows the ball flight laws.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Butch is no more special than anyone else, and heck, I'm still not even sure he knows the ball flight laws.

Lol. Yes this is true. After joining this place I’veΒ come to realize many of those guys got a free ticket by having a student rise to stardom who was bound to regardless of who their coach was (Cam McCormick).Β I just thought for whatever reason Butch worked well with Tiger and may have something to offer.Β 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Yes this is true. After joining this place I’veΒ come to realize many of those guys got a free ticket by having a student rise to stardom who was bound to regardless of who their coach was (Cam McCormick).Β I just thought for whatever reason Butch worked well with Tiger and may have something to offer.Β 

He did. Back then. It’s a huge guess to say they would now.

Butch is good, but I think his strength is mainly his attitude.

Damn glad Tiger recovered fairly well and didn’t play himself out of the tournament. I like Fowler but sadly it’ll be the usual for him ...always a bridesmaid....Tiger shoots 64 tomorrow.Β 

I didn't really get a chance to actually see Tiger's round today, did his swing look better than last weekend? Looser, more free flowing?

Colin P.

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I didn't really get a chance to actually see Tiger's round today, did his swing look better than last weekend? Looser, more free flowing?

I couldn't really tell the difference. Here are some vids.

Β 

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

47 guys under par is a lot, so while noone went super low, scoring still pretty good today. Seemed like the guys in the afternoon actually played better than guys in the morning. Worst scoring really was in first two hours when probably course was at its muddiest and mud balls were most prevalent. After that, guys shot pretty well.

50 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

47 guys under par is a lot, so while noone went super low, scoring still pretty good today. Seemed like the guys in the afternoon actually played better than guys in the morning. Worst scoring really was in first two hours when probably course was at its muddiest and mud balls were most prevalent. After that, guys shot pretty well.

Yeah I was expecting a few,Β guys to be -7 a few at -6, a good pack at -5 and so on. So glad Tiger got to even after that start. I wonder what holes will cause Woodland's and Fowler's collapse?Β 

4 hours ago, iacas said:

LMAO. Sometimes words aren't necessary....

PING G400 Max 9*Β  TaylormadeΒ  M2 15*Β  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22* Β  Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GWΒ  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*Β  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Geez TNT has an obscene amount of the same commercials... Almost unwatchable. Glad I recorded it vs watching live.Β 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Geez TNT has an obscene amount of the same commercials... Almost unwatchable. Glad I recorded it vs watching live.Β 

Yeah. They seem to have, what, eight commercials?

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Pga.com had almost every single swing from the day on his profile and the leaderboard page. Seems they took them away at the end of the day and put in some highlight reel instead.

If you don't get a chance to watch today, check out the leaderboard videos through the day:Β https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/player/08793/2018

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Β 

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Probably only of note to me and a few others since I like to follow him...Β one more onΒ the subjectΒ of players who have β€˜never’ won a major...

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/pga-championship-2018-louis-oosthuizen-withdraws-back-injury-kelly-kraft/t3igf9ge63ih1rwm0rxpjf3qm

Hopefully he gets it sorted, but back stuff can mess you up long term, and this isn’t his first time with back issues.Β 

One of my favorite swings to watch, and almost always shows up in majors. (Maybe he’ll eventually win one!Β LOL)

Absolutely livid by what's happened with Broadcasting here. I get home last night, looking forward to a good evening viewing the PGA, turn on Sky Golf, and it's playing some old highlights , which is weird. Nothing scheduled all night, so I check the other channels and it's nowhere to be seen.Β 

Apparently some company called Eleven Sports has it, and they broadcast it purely Online here in the UK. Free Thursday/Friday, and paid for Saturday/Sunday. It seems some bright spark at the PGA thought it would help fit the game to a younger audience.Β 

A great idea except that not everybody has high speed internet, and of those who do , they don't all want to squint at a laptopΒ or mess about with cables here and there. So this becomes the first important golf tournament of the year that i have no way of watching.Β 

What a joke, few people are going to watch this ,and even fewer will pay for - it'll be the least watched golf major ever in the UK. Time to swap it with the players championship 😠 

Note:Β This thread is 2077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!