IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2018-19

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 1694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All, 

The 2018-19 season already starts this Thursday. Those of us who have played Fantasy Golf over the years have talked about trying out the PGA Fantasy golf, and it starts with the Fall segment. In the past, we have played ESPN, then Yahoo, and last season The Golf Channel fantasy leagues. The PGA League has a similar roster format as Yahoo, and a similar scoring format as The Golf Channel league. 

To join, you must go to https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy.html and create a Team. Once you have done this, go to the fantasy golf to the right tab, and choose the red "Fantasy Golf". Once you have done this, you can join the TST Fantasy Golf league by following these steps:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/22988

League Name: TST Fantasy Golf

The password is: thesandtrap

Description: 

PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules

@Club Rat @boogielicious @Wally Fairway @kpaulhus @Shindig @CarlSpackler @DaveP043 @coachjimsc@Warren Zevon @J M Brown @Antneye @mildee 

I know I have missed some of the usual suspects, so please tag those I have missed and hope we get good numbers. Of course, new TST fantasy golfers are all welcome to join. 

• Like 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

There is an App called PGA Tour Fantasy Golf which is easy to use to set your roster etc...it is separate from the PGA Tour App.

Let me know if it’s working for everyone...buddy of mine trying to join league and having trouble. Website shows me 3 members but won’t let me see who the 3 are for some reason. 

This may be confusing guys, some other dirt bags have also created a private league using "The Sand Trap" 
The League @gogolfing has created is The SandTrap   Two words, not three. Also, Cap the S & T's

it's a different point scoring system, round by round, bonus points out the ying-yang.
Should be fun. Limit per segment of using the same player, interchangeable lineups for each round.
Use the search feature for the league.

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

This may be confusing guys, some other dirt bags have also created a private league using "The Sand Trap" 
The League @gogolfing has created is The SandTrap   Two words, not three. Also, Cap the S & T's

it's a different point scoring system, round by round, bonus points out the ying-yang.
Should be fun. Limit per segment of using the same player, interchangeable lineups for each round.
Use the search feature for the league.

Thanks @Club Rat, to avoid confusion, I have changed the name of our league to TST Fantasy Golf.....same password, same link as above. When you search for it in the private leagues, use TST Fantasy Golf....should be easier.

Is there a way to edit post #1 in the thread with the new League name? Can't see and edit icon for that. 

Edited by gogolfing

(edited)

@boogielicious @Wally Fairway @kpaulhus @Shindig @DaveP043 @coachjimsc @CarlSpackler @Warren Zevon @J M Brown @Antneye as per @Club Rat above, I have changed the League name to TST Fantasy Golf...use same link and password as in post #1.

Edited by gogolfing

13 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I've created  a profile and whatnot, but it's telling me 'thesandtrap' isn't the correct password.

I went in and entered the league password again, thesandtrap.....try again and see if it works. Please let me know. 

Sorry for the glitches with this one....sure it will get figured out. 

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

I think it worked.

League just went up by one, so think you're right

• iacas pinned this topic

I'm in. Thanks @gogolfing for setting this up.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

For the PGA Fantasy format, you can use each player a maximum of 3 times per segment, and there are 4 segments in total. The first is only 7 tournaments, then the last 3 are 11-12 tournaments. Segment one is the fall season, and then segment 2 starts with the Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. 

We are up to nine in the league...plenty of room for more. 

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm in (I think)

Went up by one, so looks good. A bit frustrated it won't show me who the 9 are, but oh well. The way it works is as long as you get your roster set, you are good, and then if we find out a person did not get in the league, they can still be added and have their points transfer in with them. 

The Site definitely has a different look and user mode than we have experienced.
Hoping since it's affiliated with Shot Link, real time scoring will be instant as opposed to the delays other sites had.

As for use, there are no "save" functions with data entry. Guessing it's a Cloud Base service which simply updates instant.

For those who experience the "I'm in (I think)" when you are creating a user profile, you will receive an email confirmation.

Also, when entering your roster each week when you visit the site, it will give you this page.
League Banner.PNG

With the menu at the top right, select league and it will show any leagues you have joined.
Once the season starts, it will be interesting to review the different stats/functions with "recap - insider"  

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

55 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The Site definitely has a different look and user mode than we have experienced.
Hoping since it's affiliated with Shot Link, real time scoring will be instant as opposed to the delays other sites had.

As for use, there are no "save" functions with data entry. Guessing it's a Cloud Base service which simply updates instant.

For those who experience the "I'm in (I think)" when you are creating a user profile, you will receive an email confirmation.

Also, when entering your roster each week when you visit the site, it will give you this page.
League Banner.PNG

With the menu at the top right, select league and it will show any leagues you have joined.
Once the season starts, it will be interesting to review the different stats/functions with "recap - insider"  

You will be happy @Club Rat, it is linked to Shot Link, and scoring is in real time. If on the site or the app, during the rounds, alerts pop up every time a new shot is updated. No need to save on this site or on the app, which is a nice function, and when you set up your profile, you can ask for alerts when one of your player missed the cut. These come up quickly, quite soon after the round is completed. I'd really encourage everyone to get the app....it is very handy. 

Note: This thread is 1694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!