IGNORED

What are Your 2019 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2019 Goals:

1. Get rid of breaking my left elbow creating a big John Daley swing. I want a more compact swing that I will have more control of.

2. Improve my approach shots and hit more GIR's.

3. Improve my short game. Did a lot of work on my chipping at the end of 2018 and improved greatly.

4. Improve my putting. I averaged anywhere from 34 to 38 putts per round.

The main thing is to get a good solid swing that I can count on. With all of the problems noted above I mostly shot in the mid 80's and if I shot bad it was in the 90's. I even shot my two best rounds ever of 78.

I'll be 60 this May and I've been working hard to get into shape and have more flexibility so that all should help.

Wish me luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

2019 goals 

1. More FIR , less penalties off the tee ( duck hook )

2. Getting closer with my chips to insure one putt

3. Building a more compact consistent swing with consistent distances

4. Higher GIR from 140-160 

5. Join a golf club

• Thumbs Up 1

Broke 80 for first time last year.  Hoping to do more than once this year.  

I would like to finally have a round with no 3 putts.  

Need more consistency from 75 yards in.

Handicap down below 14 (from 18, which drifted out from 14) by 31/12, break 80 at least once this year, make an eagle in a tournament round

18 tournament rounds (1 down already)

9 lessons (1 down already) - with the idea to place total trust in the instructor and commit to doing the drills to continue to improve my swing.

Go to short game facility regularly on my day off and systematically improve (putting stroke and read bead speed exercises, chips, pitches and distance wedges).

Go to the range and be boring (commit to doing the drills set by instructor) more 3x a month

Videoing my swing at the range more

Find a better balance between golf as relaxing activity and golf as athletic pursuit towards a lower handicap.

Diarise the golf play and practice I have. Not for the record but for the reflection it provides.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, iacas said:

Like our 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , 2012 , 2013 2014, 201520162017, and 2018 threads, here's the official thread for 2019!

The rules are the same as they've been:

1. Post your goals personal golf-related goals for 2019. Be specific and thorough.
  2. Elaborate on how you'll go about achieving these goals. Details, people! :-)
  3. Post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year. And set harder goals next year.
  4. Keep the replies to a minimum. This thread is mostly for the posting of goals. If you want to encourage more discussion of your goals, post a copy of them in your Member Swing thread.

If you're looking to recap your 2018 goals, that's over here in this topic.

Let's hear 'em!

In 2018, I was just trying to get my game back.  After having a surgery and a 2 year layoff, due to the injury and winter time.  Started with a 13.3 and got it down to a 10.1 by the end of the season. 

This year, I am really going to concentrate on practicing very hard from 150 yards in and on putting. The long and mid iron game is solid, which I still work on along with the Driver and fairways woods. Also practicing trouble shots a lot more.  Which I didn't do at all last year. So, by seasons end I can be between a 4-6 handicap.  We'll see

:cobra: F6 Driver 9.5 - F6 3 Wood 16.5 -  Fly Z 2-3 Hybrid 19.0
 :cobra: Oversize Forged Irons  4-SW - V Grind Wedges 52* - 60*
 :wilsonstaff: Tour Special ll Forged Blade putter

I want to make more shots like this also wanting to break 90 again on a consistent basis. I took 10 years off and my game shows it. Still remember my putting and short game. Irons were always my strength!  If I can ever string together my different shots I’ll be awesome. Bogey golf right now with blow ups being a occasional double. 

192BA40E-76B7-43B5-9466-E63E0EA90528.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Balance family and golf: having just experienced the greatest gift of my first born it will be important to balance the two. Goal is to cut the amount of times I play but make my playing days more enjoyable and appreciate the time

2. Shoot under par: I did it for the first time in my life last year (68). Will be more difficult with me limiting my rounds but I think if I work on my short game/putting it’s doable 

3. Play more courses: inorder to become a better player and improve your game you must experience more holes. I plan to play one new course a month. 

Keep enjoying this frustrating fun game and figure out my new set of clubs.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Goals for 2019:

1. Get to and maintain + handicap for entire year.  This is already trending in right direction from the end of last year to beginning of this year.
  2. Improve driving.  Strokes gained is MUCH better on the approach (irons) side of things.  Driving is very average and would like to improve consistency in both distance and accuracy
  3. Get to a positive strokes gained in Putting.  It's my worst stat.  I have improved after some bad putting rounds towards the end of the year.  Changed my grip and things started clicking and have been putting well since.  Need to commit to the new grip and start making more putts in the 5-15' range.
  4. Play in at least one of our CGA championships.  Haven't in a long, long time.  I feel good enough about my game to get out and play in one of these.
  5. Repeat club champion.  🙂
  • Like 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

My 2019 goal is to consistently threaten par each time I go out.

Right now, my current index is at 10.3.  I've been a little lower than that before, but never really anything consistent in making par or even close to it in a consistent way.  I have pared a course once on whites with a slope/rating 124/70.1 but never really scoring in the 70s much anywhere else.  Once, I almost pared a course I haven't seen nor played before with a slope/rating of 137/71.5, but I don't bring it up for my own glory but it's to make a point to myself that it can be done and there are proper ingredients in a round that produces those rounds.  Yeah, it was one of the best day in golf I could remember and at the end of that round was the only time I had eye contacts with my group when we shook hands and they informed me that I was one over my first round at MCC.  It is those rounds that I've always wanted- probably not so much the score, but the efforts poured into it or the way the efforts were applied, but it is why I'd like to challenge myself to that goal.

In a heated match over the weekend, I shot 76 on a course slope/rating 124/71.  Maybe I'm still high from that round, but I've made up my mind before the New Year turned and I'm up to the challenge and logging in the work for my game.

Timeline wise, I have only 4 months and 10 days left.  To be clear with my goal, beginning this summer, 8 out of my 10 rounds should be close to breaking par by3 strokes on a course slope/rating 124/70 or comparable. 

Pressure- definitely is.  Commitment- I haven't missed a beat.

1. "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge: Consistently practicing and posting my streak. Making it a habit to maintain my skills and level developed over the years.

2. Bogey Player: By end of 2019 play in Texas and score at least three games under 90.

Focus areas:
Develop better course management skills, game-strategy and focus on the long term development instead of thinking short term and how far I can hit today and how beautiful my swing does (not) look.

(Note to self for Jan. 2020: Relax and enjoy the journey with a vision; do not rush just to win)

Nave

Bogey player here

1 - Play a 9 holes under 40 ( my best is 41 right now)

2 - More rounds under 90

3 - Fix my spin out problem and better balance in the golf swing

Golf Goals for 2019

Backswing:

Do not let the club shaft cross the line at the top of my backswing with the driver.

Get more external with right arm on the way back and keep elbows closer together. Also, better wrist conditions at the top.

Downswing:

Get into flexion way sooner from the top to keep from early extending the hips. Rotate earlier.

Overall swing:

Increase Clubhead speed from max on course 104mph to 108mph using SuperSpeed Golf program.

Putting:

I changed to the Claw grip at the end of last season. Played in a couple of captain’s choice events and putted very well with it.

Bought a Putting Arc and have been practicing putts inside of 10 feet.

Personal:

Hopefully be selected to the 2019 Newport Cup East team.

Win at least one day at our annual Talamore (Pinehurst) trip in August.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

My goals for 2019 are as follows:

Learn to hit the ball consistently straight! 

make sure my set up is correct and get the basics correct first.

My main aim is to be able to play a round of golf ! Im still learning the trade in the range atm

Lots of videos and advice from places like this should make achieving my goal easier 🙂 

• Like 1

1. Focus on my swing and not so much on the ball.

2. Keep my left arm from breaking

3. Practice with a purpose and make each ball count

4. Shorten my swing and concentrate on my follow through

5. Don't get frustrated

My main goal is to condition myself back to being able to walk 18 holes. I intend to do this by walking 9 holes at least once a week, in addition to any weekend riding rounds, on weekday afternoons when the local courses have reduced walking rates.

This leads me to my second goal. Last year I played about 20 rounds. This year I'd like to at least double that. My last goal is to finally settle on a putting technique! 🙄

• Like 2

I had shoulder surgery back in October, and my main goal is to get my swing speed back to where it was before. I have been working hard on improving my flexibility and am starting to see an improvement. 

My handicap is currently at 4.2 and I want to get that under 3.0 in 2019. I recently did a complete bag fitting at Club Champion in Houston and will be buying a new driving iron, iron set, and wedges next week. My driver and 3 wood fit me well and I won't be replacing those. 

Good luck everyone on surpassing your goals!

Note: This thread is 1616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!