IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Herkimer said:

I wonder if Felicity Huffman can get me tickets?

She can lower your handicap with the help of a friend, wink, wink.;-)

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just found out the wife got a trip to a place called Scrub Island in the Virgin Islands. There goes my Masters trip. 😒

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Woods.jpg?w=640

Here is a look at the current field list for the 2019 Masters Tournament, which will take place April 11-14 at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga. Unofficial field for the 2019 Masters Playe…

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Not a fan of the old guys playing. I’d rather see young hopefuls get in there. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

29 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Not a fan of the old guys playing. I’d rather see young hopefuls get in there. 

The old guys don't take spots from young hopefuls at this event though.  It isn't like if the U.S. Open had a lifetime exemption and Jack were still showing up to play.  There isn't a limit on spots at the Masters, but rather ways to qualify. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yea most tournaments have 120 to 140.  The masters has what 90?

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

The old guys don't take spots from young hopefuls at this event though.  It isn't like if the U.S. Open had a lifetime exemption and Jack were still showing up to play.  There isn't a limit on spots at the Masters, but rather ways to qualify. 

True. There has to be some limit though. I’d just rather see some kids who may never get to play it despite being excellent golfers over those old guys who’ve played it dozens of times and really have no chance of playing the weekend much less winning. It’s a very small thought is all. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

True. There has to be some limit though. I’d just rather see some kids who may never get to play it despite being excellent golfers over those old guys who’ve played it dozens of times and really have no chance of playing the weekend much less winning. It’s a very small thought is all. 

Oh, I agree.  I'd rather see Joel Dahmen than Bernard Langer.  But Langer, despite having once been threatened with having his invite revoked, did earn the repeated invite and Dahmen has yet to earn an invite to the 2019 Masters. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Oh, I agree.  I'd rather see Joel Dahmen than Bernard Langer.  But Langer, despite having once been threatened with having his invite revoked, did earn the repeated invite and Dahmen has yet to earn an invite to the 2019 Masters. 

Not sure Langer is the best example. That dude can still win a green jacket. He’s ageless.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Not sure Langer is the best example. That dude can still win a green jacket. He’s ageless.

He seems to hold his own as does Freddy. They seem to fade on the last day though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, boogielicious said:

He seems to hold his own as does Freddy. They seem to fade on the last day though.

That's because they've become used to playing 54 hole tournaments. And I haven't looked at the Master's exemptions recently, but the lifetime did cause problems in the past. There were guys who just couldn't play anymore, and would come in, shoot a couple of rounds in the upper 80's and be gone! Or withdraw midway through the 2nd round. Sorry, but that's a wasted spot.

The Master's chairman tried to do something about it, sending letters to older champions inviting them to attend, enjoy the champion's dinner and all the other amenities, but reconsider playing! Well Arnold Palmer got wind of this, and at a press conference prior to the Master's said he might consider not playing in the near future. When asked why, he said, "Because I don't want to get one of those letters!" 

Well, that scorched the chairman's ass pretty good, and he withdrew his request. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

That's because they've become used to playing 54 hole tournaments. And I haven't looked at the Master's exemptions recently, but the lifetime did cause problems in the past. There were guys who just couldn't play anymore, and would come in, shoot a couple of rounds in the upper 80's and be gone! Or withdraw midway through the 2nd round. Sorry, but that's a wasted spot.

No it isn't!

Your history is off, too. Yes, for a bit, they had some issues, and then yes, they sent some letters… which were effective. The older guys stopped playing and shooting 88s.

But they didn't take up any spots… the Masters doesn't have a set field size. You qualify to play. If the field size is 71 or 81, then that's the field size.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Being an old guy myself, I like that we get to see past champions on the course where many of them had their career defining success.  It takes nothing away from anyone else.  Anyone who thinks this is a golf issue that needs corrected should rethink their opinion and focus on a real issue or two. 

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

The Master's chairman tried to do something about it...

This cracked me up.

The Augusta Nat'l Chairman doesn't TRY to do anything. lol.  

Shows a real lack of understanding w/regard to how things work.

7 hours ago, 3jacker said:

This cracked me up.

The Augusta Nat'l Chairman doesn't TRY to do anything. lol.  

Shows a real lack of understanding w/regard to how things work.

Well, when the Augusta Nat'l Chairman sent out those letters asking some of the older champions to think about not playing, Arnie Palmer was taking questions from the press corps prior to the "toonamint". Toward the end of the session Arnia seemed to wax nostalgic, musing about how many more Masters he'd be able to play in. The press corps was aghast! They asked why on earth he'd be thinking about that now. Arnold leaned in and with a sly grin said, "Because I don't want to get one of those letters!" 

That was that! Request withdrawn, letters rescinded! At least that's MY understanding!

• Administrator

So is the 2018 Masters final round telecast not online? I downloaded all the ones from 1968 to 2017, but 2018 hasn't been uploaded (or uploaded yet)?

Maybe in a week or so?

https://youtube.com/masters

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

So is the 2018 Masters final round telecast not online? I downloaded all the ones from 1968 to 2017, but 2018 hasn't been uploaded (or uploaded yet)?

Maybe in a week or so?

https://youtube.com/masters

Was it ever uploaded to that account? IIRC, the Masters App on the ATV, there was a highlight package of the 2018 final round on it. Maybe it has the whole thing?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Was it ever uploaded to that account? IIRC, the Masters App on the ATV, there was a highlight package of the 2018 final round on it. Maybe it has the whole thing?

Remember, the big news last year was every final round since 1968. I thought, or hoped, that they'd keep doing that.

Note: This thread is 1464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!