Jump to content
colin007

2019 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines

69 posts / 3537 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

8 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Crazy how it looked different on TV.   Thanks for the share.

Maybe he put too much bleach in his washing machine and it bleached it a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Maybe he put too much bleach in his washing machine and it bleached it a bit.

Yes, I understand that Tiger does all his own laundry. Though it is not the best part of his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It's red and white striped, apparently. But it looks pink on TV because the stripes must be very thin.

I just saw a closer version after I posted the comment, and it's a pretty light red, and the stripes aren't as thin as I initially thought. It's pretty light.

I thought he alway wore solid red shirts on Sundays.  I guess I was wrong.  But that shirt sure does not look red on TV.

I know there are lots of optical illusions regarding stripes, but with that color, Tiger will scare no one. 🐯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

I thought he alway wore solid red shirts on Sundays.  I guess I was wrong.  But that shirt sure does not look red on TV.

I know there are lots of optical illusions regarding stripes, but with that color, Tiger will scare no one. 🐯

OMG IT'S THAT STUPID GOLD BLUE DRESS AGAIN NOOOOOOO!!!! 😜

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice win by Rose, number one of the world.  But I believe Tiger’s shirt is more important?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Solid win by Rose and Honma. How many time will pass till honma´s clubs get hot in sells in the USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

Solid win by Rose and Honma. How many time will pass till honma´s clubs get hot in sells in the USA?

I gave a set of Honma to my dad as present.  They are very expensive, so I don't think it will be widely used in the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Final Rankings and Totals for Some Players (only the three rounds on the South course counted this week):

Justin Rose
SG OTT: 1.915 (13th)
SG APP: 5.628 (5th)
SG ATG: 1.799 (16th)
SG PUTT: 1.939 (28th)

Adam Scott
SG OTT: 0.762 (25th)
SG APP: 7.453 (1st)
SG ATG: -0.219 (47th)
SG PUTT: 3.594 (14th)

Tiger Woods
SG OTT: 0.632 (30th)
SG APP: 4.255 (12th)
SG ATG: 0.971 (31st)
SG PUTT: 0.732 (39th)

1, 2, and 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

I gave a set of Honma to my dad as present.  They are very expensive, so I don't think it will be widely used in the U.S.

Can I adopt you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Final Rankings and Totals for Some Players (only the three rounds on the South course counted this week):

Justin Rose
SG OTT: 1.915 (13th)
SG APP: 5.628 (5th)
SG ATG: 1.799 (16th)
SG PUTT: 1.939 (28th)

Adam Scott
SG OTT: 0.762 (25th)
SG APP: 7.453 (1st)
SG ATG: -0.219 (47th)
SG PUTT: 3.594 (14th)

Tiger Woods
SG OTT: 0.632 (30th)
SG APP: 4.255 (12th)
SG ATG: 0.971 (31st)
SG PUTT: 0.732 (39th)

1, 2, and 20

Adam Scott's putter was on fire but still was only 14th.   Goes to show that the win and the high finishers had very good SG OTT and APP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Final Rankings and Totals for Some Players (only the three rounds on the South course counted this week):

Justin Rose
SG OTT: 1.915 (13th)
SG APP: 5.628 (5th)
SG ATG: 1.799 (16th)
SG PUTT: 1.939 (28th)

Adam Scott
SG OTT: 0.762 (25th)
SG APP: 7.453 (1st)
SG ATG: -0.219 (47th)
SG PUTT: 3.594 (14th)

Tiger Woods
SG OTT: 0.632 (30th)
SG APP: 4.255 (12th)
SG ATG: 0.971 (31st)
SG PUTT: 0.732 (39th)

1, 2, and 20

I would be cool to see the average SG of the top20 of the tournament. I guess SG APP will be on top followed by SG PUTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

I would be cool to see the average SG of the top20 of the tournament. I guess SG APP will be on top followed by SG PUTT.

In small sample sizes like one tournament, they're often pretty close.

It's over the course of a season where putting falls well back to fourth place at 14%, because putting has a very high standard deviation:

Some weeks you're hot, some weeks you're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...