IGNORED

Who Is Your "Golf Villain"? And Why?

ChetlovesMer

I don't have a reason to dislike Ian Poulter but I just cringe when he's on TV.    After the last couple debacles of Sergio, I would not golf with him if he asked.   I believe competition brings out the best and worst of people and we've seen that in Sergio.   :naughty:

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

current POTUS and anyone else who cheats.

190330-donald-trump-golf-2.jpg?quality=9

Sixteen of the last 19 US presidents have played golf — and now, in Donald John Trump, the nation can finally boast the very best of them all. Well, that’s what he’d like you to

This is a Tour board, not a politics board. Let’s not bring this stuff over here please.

Edited by ChrisP
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2019 at 5:12 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Unlike golf, there are no "rules" on this thread. It can be anyone you'd like it to be. 

@ChrisP, i posted after reading the above quote. i apologize if you've taken offense at what i posted but there was nothing political about it and i hope other people don't turn it into a political issue, kind of like what you are ironically doing. i would have called out any famous cheater i literally just read about in the news, irrespective of their job. please ignore if you don't like. thank you.

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

4 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

@ChrisP, i posted after reading the above quote. i apologize if you've taken offense at what i posted but there was nothing political about it and i hope other people don't turn it into a political issue, kind of like what you are ironically doing. i would have called out any famous cheater i literally just read about in the news, irrespective of their job. please ignore if you don't like. thank you.

I think we are referring to pro golfers for the most part in this thread. Please leave political figures out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I think we are referring to pro golfers for the most part in this thread. Please leave political figures out.

would you like to update OP to reflect this? perhaps post some legit rules so there's no room for confusion? 

it's not clear where on this website it's permissible to mention political figures: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22trump%22+site:thesandtrap.com&safe=active&ei=57uqXM-MB8uo0gKC5764DQ&start=10&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwiPnK2Nw7_hAhVLlFQKHYKzD9cQ8NMDCIoB&biw=1197&bih=617

p.s. @ChetlovesMer, what did you mean by "no rules" and "it can be anyone you'd like it to be"? 

Edited by hoselpalooza
formatting

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

Can it be a golf hole?  #15 at my home course.  Long, uphill, dogleg left, par 4.  Trees left: not shot to green if you miss left.  Miss right and you've made the hole a lot longer and you're maybe in the trap.  You'll have a long club in to the elevated green fronted by a bunker.  You can try to cut the dogleg with a draw, but unless you're a short hitter or exceptionally long, you may catch a small bunker tucked into the dogleg and the lip is pretty high.  The fairway isn't too narrow, but it gets in your head.  The green is very slopey and quick.  This hole has wrecked many a round for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ncates00 said:

Can it be a golf hole?  #15 at my home course.  Long, uphill, dogleg left, par 4.  Trees left: not shot to green if you miss left.  Miss right and you've made the hole a lot longer and you're maybe in the trap.  You'll have a long club in to the elevated green fronted by a bunker.  You can try to cut the dogleg with a draw, but unless you're a short hitter or exceptionally long, you may catch a small bunker tucked into the dogleg and the lip is pretty high.  The fairway isn't too narrow, but it gets in your head.  The green is very slopey and quick.  This hole has wrecked many a round for me.

@ncates00, no golf holes. only pros. /s

• Like 1

my swing thread

Edited by hoselpalooza
NaN
  • Like 1

my swing thread

On 1/29/2019 at 5:16 PM, iacas said:

Bob Costas? Really?

#1 - Anti Gun.  I don't need another Liberal Media Puke telling me to turn in my guns during Sunday Night Football. Having to listen to Tony Dungy is bad enough.

#2 - Seems think he's WAY better than the everyday guy.

I used to like him, back in the 80's - 90's.  Great at baseball.  The local morning DJ's had him on the radio numerous times (they worked together in Ohio back in the early 80's) and he was a hoot.  Now, he's just way to full of himself.

Not villains but the follow golfers annoys me for one reason or the other:

Sergio Garcia, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Phil Nickelson, John Daly, Kevin Na, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Rory McKilroy, and Jason Day.

... and anyone else who hits 360 yard drive and grabs an iron to reach par 5 hole in two.   Let them play on a 9000 yard course when they get to hell (or heaven).  😁

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 4/7/2019 at 11:17 PM, hoselpalooza said:

would you like to update OP to reflect this? perhaps post some legit rules so there's no room for confusion? 

it's not clear where on this website it's permissible to mention political figures: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22trump%22+site:thesandtrap.com&safe=active&ei=57uqXM-MB8uo0gKC5764DQ&start=10&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwiPnK2Nw7_hAhVLlFQKHYKzD9cQ8NMDCIoB&biw=1197&bih=617

p.s. @ChetlovesMer, what did you mean by "no rules" and "it can be anyone you'd like it to be"? 

Your golf "villain" can be whom ever or what ever you want it to be. When I started the thread I was of course thinking about pro-golfers that people I know don't like. But there doesn't have to be any rules in this thread. Just conversation. After all, it's just a fun little thread in a golf forum. (If you are going for a golf hole someplace, maybe I'll start another thread for that.) 

I do think, however, that the forum itself does have some rules against posting anything related to politics. So, as long as it's golf related, I say go for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, windlaker said:

#1 - Anti Gun.  I don't need another Liberal Media Puke telling me to turn in my guns during Sunday Night Football. Having to listen to Tony Dungy is bad enough.

this is the kind of political post to avoid in here according to the site rules

You may discuss political or religious figures as they relate to golf, but keep things golf-related.

cc @ChrisP& @boogielicious

my swing thread

Interesting NYT article about Patrick Reed, his relationship with his family, and his "villain" status. Nothing really new, but a good summary.

09reed3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

The defending Masters champion is estranged from his parents. They live six miles from Augusta National. His father keeps showing up at...

3 hours ago, windlaker said:

#2 - Seems think he's WAY better than the everyday guy.

I used to like him, back in the 80's - 90's.  Great at baseball.  The local morning DJ's had him on the radio numerous times (they worked together in Ohio back in the early 80's) and he was a hoot.  Now, he's just way to full of himself.

Please no politics. Last warning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, chspeed said:

Interesting NYT article about Patrick Reed, his relationship with his family, and his "villain" status. Nothing really new, but a good summary.

09reed3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

The defending Masters champion is estranged from his parents. They live six miles from Augusta National. His father keeps showing up at...

If you don't talk to your father and mother, I think it says more about your father and mother than it does about you.  I think his father is a bum for showing up and disturbing his son.  If he loved his son, he wouldn't follow him around. He'd watch him on TV.  I couldn't imagine not talking to my mother and father.  Patrick definitely has "issues," but I believe those "issues" are due to how he was raised and bad parental skills. 

4 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

this is the kind of political post to avoid in here according to the site rules

cc @ChrisP& @boogielicious

Your post came across to me as political, not as golf related. But hey, whatever. I personally don't care. I just know what posts about politics can turn into, especially nowadays, and this is not the place to rile feathers one way or the other.

I really only find myself rooting for Reed during the Ryder Cup. I can't say if the stories about him in college are true or not. As for this family issue, I'm pretty tired of it. If he's not going to tell his side of the problem (and he doesn't have to, it's his own personal business) then quite mentioning anything about them. I don't know if it's just the media doing this but there certainly seems to be a serious issue with his parents. Either clear the air or shut up entirely about it. Just like Koepka. One interview he's being coy and saying he doesn't care about the hype, doesn't care if people are talking about him or not. Then he's whining that SI didn't list him in the top (forgot the number) athletes of 2018. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge