IGNORED

2019 Players Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I don't know about that…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Olden Star Wars strings and brass heavy type sound I think. 

Yeah, not sure how relatable, but whatever. At least it's not Frank Sinatra or something overly nostalgic.

Vishal S.

It got better towards the end. Can’t wait to see it with slow motion fist pumps lol.

But seriously, I’ll wait to see how it looks/sounds during the broadcast. I’ll  give it a chance

"So I love the beat and the groove in this piece and it just, like, propels it forward". - said nobody ever of a classical woodwind/string piece.

It's nice and all, but I'm not sure how this is the theme for new audiences loving golf .... maybe older audiences.

Took me a second to try and recall the now replaced tune, it's from The Man from Snowy River. Below is the theme in the broadcast and the original version from the movie.

The new piece, I hear a little influence from Hans Zimmer, he of the mega brass section and also from L'Orchestra Cinématique, whose music is used by movie trailers and combines classical music with percussion/drum machines. I wonder if they didn't want to continue paying for the rights to the Snowy River score or just wanted something new or both.

I like the Snowy theme, I would have tried rearranging that to sound more current. If you look at Man Made Music's site, they rearranged old classics, like the NFL theme and HBO's theme to sound more contemporary. I tried rearranging the Snowy River theme in my head to sound more like today's scores, and less like a 70s kind of elevator music evoking oh we're frolicking in the fields - I think I can be done.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I wonder if while they were composing this music anybody asked, ‘You guys do know this is for a golf tournament right?’

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I like it.  Interesting in that it does harken, a bit, back to Man from Snowy River, so it's a good translation.  (but MFSR is a great arrangement, this isn't in the same class.  but still decent and full and rich sounding).

The mix seems to also lend itself to parting out for intros, sports show clips, etc - expect that's on purpose too.

It's a shame they don't just play the entire thing rather than all the talking over about how these people are congratulating themselves.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

The new theme is growing on me, but call me traditionalist, I like the old one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Man, that tee shot on 18 is scary. When you stand back where the pros hit their shot. It doesn't feel like you have a safe landing spot. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Food looks pretty good. Kudos, assuming you don't need to go to a special tent for it. You'll have to scroll right.

Come on, no one has sniffed even close to this score on this course.

Steve

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Am attending the Players Saturday and Sunday. I usually go every year. Going to be weird with it in March. When it's been in May, I've brought sunscreen and sat and sweated in 90 degree temperatures with no wind. I needed a beer to cool me down. Now it's in March and it's supposed to be in the low 60s and cloudy and windy this weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I needed a beer to cool me down. 

Just looking at the field & their official photos on the PGA site. Trey Mullinax doesn't even look old enough to have a beer. 

5 minutes ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

If one was unfamiliar with the PGA Tour, and was watching Morning Drive on the GC this morning, one would thin that Tiger Woods was the only player participating in the Players Championship this week.

Tiger moves the needle better than any other player. Golf News needs listeners.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Man, that tee shot on 18 is scary. When you stand back where the pros hit their shot. It doesn't feel like you have a safe landing spot. 

That looked scary when I played there from the whites. It's one of those please go straight shots lol

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!