IGNORED

Fowler Wins Abu Dhabi (moves to #4 in World)

CalcuttaLive
Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fowler moves to #4 in the World Ranking after beating a star-studded field in Abu Dhabi, including Spieth (#1) and Rory (#3).  We had a separate conversation (thread) last week about Fowler and the idea he was poised to join "the big boys" a/k/a "the big 3". Without a Major, it will be difficult for Fowler to replace one of the current Big 3. However, rather than isolate the group to 3 members, Rickie could soon make a very compelling argument to add a seat at the table and begin a new dialogue: "The Big 4".http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016004/news/newsid=283619.html#JP02l2Df5l8H6dkt.97

?m=02&d=20160124&t=2&i=1112017750&w=&fh=

Fowler is a hell of a player. I think that he took a little longer than some expected to really get going, but I would anticipate a few more wins from him this year including a major.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I liked the fact that all 3 finished in the Top 5. And then there was Stenson...

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Just saw the end of it on TGC.  Nice ending -- would probably have been a bit more exciting if I didn't already know the ending.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

18 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I like the Rickster. Good kid. I hope he wins a major this year as long as Tigs isn't in it.

Agreed. Great guy too. The way Rickie had been improving consistently, I believe he will take at least one major this year. At least he'll be on the hunt and give them a good run at it. But then again, golf can pull out the unexpected and who knows.

Dave

Young guns all did well and I was happy that Fowler got the win.  This is going to be a very competitive season on the PGA Tour, especially if Tiger can make it back and Phil and Dufner can continue to play like they did this weekend.

Joe Paradiso

53 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Young guns all did well and I was happy that Fowler got the win.  This is going to be a very competitive season on the PGA Tour, especially if Tiger can make it back and Phil and Dufner can continue to play like they did this weekend.

I wouldn't expect much from Tiger this year...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Highly doubtful that Tiger will come back this year.  More than likely will take the entire year off and start again next year.

Rickie played a good game and showed the potential to win a major soon.  Should make for more interesting tournaments with Jordan, Jason, Rory and Rickie all able to complete at the highest level

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm not sure Rickie has the talent of the Day, Speith, or Rory, but he's a damn good golfer. Probably a good chance he gets his major this year.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

47 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I'm not sure Rickie has the talent of the Day, Speith, or Rory, but he's a damn good golfer. Probably a good chance he gets his major this year.

i think he is every bit the talent that Speith has.  i dont think either Speith nor Ricky have the raw physical talent that Day and Rors have,

Colin P.

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

i think he is every bit the talent that Speith has.  i dont think either Speith nor Ricky have the raw physical talent that Day and Rors have,

Well - that 4 foursome would be a hell of a scrambles team.

Rory's closing eagle was FUN.  Hope his A-game is back.

Bill - 

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

How do you measure such a thing as "talent?"   Day and Rory can certainly hit the ball farther than Spieth and probably Ricky, but that's not the only form of talent you need to win. 

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!