IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

BK  is arrogant and will never be in the same class as tiger or jack. All the talk sounds like what I heard about Rory and Speith. Where are they now how they doing? Some hear were saying a few years back that TIGER  was all done. HAHAHAHA

38 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Why does he have to try to be Tiger or Jack or Snead? He can be the first Brooks. He can win 3 US Opens or PGAs in a row, first to ever 3-peat a major in the modern era. He can set a record this week. He can win 10+ majors and be a Hall of Famer. He can make his own name. Maybe he’s not interested in these regular tournament records as much. I guarantee you DJ would probably trade all his tournament wins he’s racked up for four majors any day.

You're not following the line of discussion. Somebody wrote that in ten years we'd be talking about Koepka in the same vein as Jack and Tiger, i.e. GOAT.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, billchao said:

You're not following the line of discussion. Somebody wrote that in ten years we'd be talking about Koepka in the same vein as Jack and Tiger, i.e. GOAT.

I get that, but that's not going to happen, and I don't think he cares about that happening or else he'd take these smaller tournaments more seriously. Like I said, I think he's more concerned with putting his own stamp on the game. In 40 years, people can talk about being the next Koepka. That's his goal. Kinda like Tom Watson. When people think of The Open Championship, they think of Tom Watson. He's a legend in his own way. Koepka wants to be known for a majors machine and there's nothing wrong with that. That can be his stamp on the game.

9 minutes ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

BK  is arrogant and will never be in the same class as tiger or jack. All the talk sounds like what I heard about Rory and Speith. Where are they now how they doing? Some hear were saying a few years back that TIGER  was all done. HAHAHAHA

Hate to break it to you, bud, but Jack and Tiger were arrogant at 29, too. 

no where near as BK. been watching golf  40+ years seen a lot of it. . like i said some here were all talking about how Rory and Jordon were the next great. how'd that work out? We'll what he does the rest of the year and next.

10 minutes ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

no where near as BK. been watching golf  40+ years seen a lot of it. . like i said some here were all talking about how Rory and Jordon were the next great. how'd that work out? We'll what he does the rest of the year and next.

Just out of curiosity, what are some examples or evidence you've seen from BK that make him such an arrogant guy? 

10 minutes ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

Rory is #4 in the world... Spieth definitely had some issues, but seems to be coming around a bit.  Every great player in a sport is arrogant.  It's almost a requirement.  Some hold it in, others don't.  But everyone who is on tour thinks they are better than everyone else.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol Tiger is way more arrogant than BK appears to be.

Exactly, when Tiger was a 30 year old there was no one more inconsiderate or arrogant .

The greatest athletes/coaches in history are all some of the most arrogant you will ever meet: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Tiger Woods, Bill Bellichick, Nick Saban, Jack Nicklaus, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth....these guys were no perfect angels. They showed humility, but they also showed plenty of arrogance. Even Roger Federer who seems like the perfect athlete, while very humble, can also be very arrogant.

‘Arrogance’ has changed over the generations. In my youth pro athletes would engage in competitive and entertaining banter. Now it’s ‘Hey! That’s offensive and I want an apology! We’re ALL winners!’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Herkimer said:

He's a disappointment because he hasn't continued to be dominant.  

Rory also hasn't won a major since 2014. Another reason why he's a disappointment.

I would be curious if anyone has met Koepka and can tell us that he exhibited arrogant behavior to them personally.  An overabundance of confidence in a press conference does not necessarily translate to arrogant behavior on a personal level.  

Conditions/flag positions seem a lot more difficult today than the first two days. Best score out there is -2 and that's from playing the front nine, the easier 9. So I am guessing we won't see the 40+ players shoot under par like we did yesterday.

Edited by ChrisP

Yeah Rory what a pathetic career, 24 wins 4 majors 2 world golf championships, fed X cup champion ,4 times a Ryder cup winner on 5 teams, Byron Nelson award, Vardon trophies has won player of the year a couple of times.....there are players in the HOF with resumes half that size......He just turned 30 last week, has another HOF career of golf left in him.......lol what a disappointment. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

The greatest athletes/coaches in history are all some of the most arrogant you will ever meet: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Tiger Woods, Bill Bellichick, Nick Saban, Jack Nicklaus, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth....these guys were no perfect angels. They showed humility, but they also showed plenty of arrogance. Even Roger Federer who seems like the perfect athlete, while very humble, can also be very arrogant.

Sometimes confidence can be misperceived as arrogance.  A person who seems to be totally self-absorbed while engaged in his sport can turn out to be the most congenial, friendly and self-effacing person when he/she isn't competing.  Others can be jerks at any time and those are the ones who I tend to actively root against.  

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Scott isn’t a major winner?

No. Tiger won it.

Nobody is a lock on the back nine at Augusta.

Yes he's a 1 time major champion but so are quite a few.His putting is always question mark is why I don't have much faith in him.He's been playing long enough that you know what he's got.

I haven’t seen any interviews where I would consider Koepka arrogant. Arrogance has some flair which Koepka has none of. I like his comments about slow play and enjoy him calling people out for it. Other than that a dud.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I haven’t seen any interviews where I would consider Koepka arrogant. Arrogance has some flair which Koepka has none of. I like his comments about slow play and enjoy him calling people out for it. Other than that a dud.

But you consider tiger’s personality dynamic?

For most of his years on tour he wouldn’t talk to the press (except for yes on no answers and an occasional glare), wouldn’t talk to most players, fans, or anyone outside his tight circle.

Frankly, I think most of these guys are duds. All they do is hit a little white ball all day for half their lives! 

I also think they’re trained to bottle up emotion, which is considered by many to distract from performance.

Edited by chspeed

All Tour players are arrogant?? They all think they are better than everyone else?? LOL!

I think they all think they can be as good as anyone else on any given day. Some more than others. 

3 hours ago, TEE1UP4ME said:

BK  is arrogant 

Yeah he should say "Man I am terrible. I misread the break from 210 yards out - missed the hole by 6 feet". 

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!