IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In Brooks's post-win press conference, he said he got pissed at somebody on TV who said something negative about him.  Who was he referring to? Was it Brandel?

11 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Not until he’s won at least 11 more majors, the last of which follows a recovery from debilitating back issues and surgery... 

Brooks is America on two legs. Hes the peoples champ. When Brooks flexes his guns, they make bald eagle sounds. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Brooks is America on two legs. Hes the peoples champ. When Brooks flexes his guns, they make bald eagle sounds. 

I agree.  That doesn’t get a medal though.

Of course, I don’t think Tiger should’ve gotten one either.  They’re given out far too cheaply these days...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's an interesting character. You got many PGA pros with some tour victories, but no majors. Here's the guy with six wins and four of them majors.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

57 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

In Brooks's post-win press conference, he said he got pissed at somebody on TV who said something negative about him.  Who was he referring to? Was it Brandel?

Probably so because didn't Brandel mention Brooks making him eat his words or something like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

For those of you who are not aware, I have won the club championship 5 times at my esteemed country club.  I share this not to impress you, but rather to impress upon you the fact that I know what I'm talking about.  I'm a player.  

Here are my takeaways from the PGA: 

1.  The crowds are horrible.  The only reason the players lie and say they like the crowds is to stay in their good graces.  

2.  DJ could have won that tournament. Again, he gave it away.  

3.  I have played Bethpage and never bogeyed four holes in a row. 

5.  I believe Speith had 10 cups of coffee during the final round.  

That is all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Who'd win in a fight:  Brooks or Chuck Norris?

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

20 minutes ago, Zeph said:

He's an interesting character. You got many PGA pros with some tour victories, but no majors. Here's the guy with six wins and four of them majors.

A little like Angel Cabrera. He was non-existent in regular events but he won two majors and competed in a heck of a lot more. Cabrera could have won like 6. I think Brooks will win more regular tour events as time goes on, but he could be one of those guys who just doesn’t take them as seriously and just gears up for the majors. And there’s nothing wrong with that. He can do what he pleases.

6 minutes ago, krupa said:

Who'd win in a fight:  Brooks or Chuck Norris?

hmmm

spacer.png

Im going to go with they would punch each other at the exact same time which causes the universe to collapse into a blackhole. 

9 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

For those of you who are not aware, I have won the club championship 5 times at my esteemed country club.  I share this not to impress you, but rather to impress upon you the fact that I know what I'm talking about.  I'm a player.  

What does any of that have to do with the PGA Championship?

6 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

2.  DJ could have won that tournament. Again, he gave it away.  

How did he give it away? He never even had a share of the lead. Had he parred 16 and 17, that would have forced a playoff, which obviously has no guarantee of DJ winning.

10 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

3.  I have played Bethpage and never bogeyed four holes in a row. 

Congrats. That must mean you're better than Brooks Koepka.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

7 minutes ago, klineka said:

What does any of that have to do with the PGA Championship?

How did he give it away? He never even had a share of the lead. Had he parred 16 and 17, that would have forced a playoff, which obviously has no guarantee of DJ winning.

Congrats. That must mean you're better than Brooks Koepka.

It has a great deal to do with it.  I have won 5 club championships.  The PGA is a championship.  I've never met anyone who's won more club championships than me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, famousdavis said:

It has a great deal to do with it.  I have won 5 club championships.  The PGA is a championship.  I've never met anyone who's won more club championships than me.  

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

You didn't answer my question about how DJ gave the tournament away when he never had or was tied for the lead.

9 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Yep, you and Brooks!  😂😂😂

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Herkimer said:

Yes, Brandel questioned his ‘toughness’ during Masters coverage and Brooks has taken issue with it a couple times now, including yesterday. 

I’m not a perennial Chamblee hater like many, but his take felt particularly forced, misdirected, and bizarre. Basically he was angered by the story that Brooks lost 20 lbs for the Espn mag and had to attack him for something...but because there isn’t much to criticize in his game Brandel tried (and failed) to draw his toughness into question.

Edited by skydog
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is an interesting fusion of my primary interests - golf and Michigan football. And all I can think of is:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

12 minutes ago, klineka said:

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

You didn't answer my question about how DJ gave the tournament away when he never had or was tied for the lead.

You don't have to be in the lead to give it away.  Trust me, I've been in the lead at several tournaments and I knew what the players behind me were doing.  One time Bart was making a fiery comeback and on the 17th green I looked over at him and gave him what I call "the ice stare".   He proceeded to hit it in the woods.  

Similar with Dustin.  He got to within 2 strokes of the lead and Koepka was faltering....fast.   He gave it up by bogeying the last 2 holes.  

Do you understand now? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Nope. The ‘your ball moved despite you having nothing to do with it..and we’ll tell you about later...just play and think about’ penalty. Look, you’re not gonna win this one. I’m not claiming anything between Faldo and DJ. What is 100% fact is that Faldo had unprecedented luck in having his opponents collapse in a historical manner. He didn’t go out and blow the doors off the course or the field. He played a ho hum round and watched his opponents collapse.  Scott Hoch blows a 2’ putt? Come on. Don’t tell me Faldo earned that one.

Faldo shot a 65 on Sunday at the Masters.  If he hadn't have blown the doors off the course on that Sunday, Hoch's miss would been irrelevant - or is 65 on a Sunday at the Masters a 'ho-hum' round????

Edited by Jay28

3 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

You don't have to be in the lead to give it away. 

How can you give away something you don't/never had? That defies logic especially when talking about the lead in a golf tournament.

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Trust me, I've been in the lead at several tournaments and I knew what the players behind me were doing.  One time Bart was making a fiery comeback and on the 17th green I looked over at him and gave him what I call "the ice stare".   He proceeded to hit it in the woods.  

This isn't about you and your club championships. It's about the PGA Championship and Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka.

4 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

Similar with Dustin.  He got to within 2 strokes of the lead and Koepka was faltering....fast.   He gave it up by bogeying the last 2 holes.  

I believe he actually got within 1, and he didnt bogey the last 2 holes, he bogeyed 16 and 17 then parred 18.

Again, at no point ever during the round yesterday did Dustin Johnson have the lead, or was tied for the lead. It doesn't make sense to say he gave the tournament away when he never had the lead.

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!