IGNORED

The Guy That Shot 202 in a U.S. Am Quallifier

mcanadiens
Note: This thread is 1728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always like people that make me look normal on the golf course.

GettyImages-88703961.jpg

Tour caddie Trey Bilardello, who has caddied for tour player Matt Every, was ultimately punished for serious misconduct.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was reading a bit about this story earlier. This guy is awful. He shot 202 while other people in his group were trying to qualify for the US Am. What the f*** is he thinking? Just withdraw.

He shouldn't be playing any competitive golf after this. I wouldn't want this guy playing in anything where there's money on the line.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Just brutal. Couldn't imagine trying to get into any sort of rhythm with my own game while a guy I was paired with was pulling this stunt. Not to mention the fact that they were one of the early tee times and held up the entire event.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

10 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

He shouldn't be playing any competitive golf after this. I wouldn't want this guy playing in anything where there's money on the line.

No question.

The thing that especially shocking is that he is a PGA Tour caddie. Stuff like this may require a change in occupation.

The "letter" people talk about when players shoot high scores in USGA events is mostly a myth. Ive played with guys that shot 90+ in USGA qualifying events and seen them back the next year. They're going to keep taking your money. But i have a feeling this guy is getting one...😂 

What a clown. 

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hope he was in the last group. 😧

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I am surprised no action was taken during the round.  I would have given him three choices: stop holding up play and conduct himself properly, leave the course now or be met by some people with badges and handcuffs.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

Here’s hoping that this ends his caddying career as well.  I’d hope that no Tour pro will want to be associated with that kind of asshole in any way, shape, or form...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)
2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Here’s hoping that this ends his caddying career as well.  I’d hope that no Tour pro will want to be associated with that kind of asshole in any way, shape, or form...

So Mr. 202 has been looping for Matt Every. Not a star, but a guy that has had some success. He has two career wins and had a second-place finish and a third earlier this year. But ...

Now Matt has to answer questions about his idiot caddie and he's missed the cut three of the last four tournaments. 

Trey better hope that Matt really likes him.

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Like 1

What recourse do the other guys in his playing group have? Once they saw what this tool bag was up to, could they have had him removed?

Colin P.

From what I read he was eventually DQ’d and I read something about a suspension.

Evidently he would add strokes chipping around the tee box, then hit a good tee shot, and then do the same on the green by bumping his ball to add strokes.  Supposedly he has a 2+ handicap.

Hopefully they remove his score and he is banned from the game, playing and caddying, for a long enough time to make an impression... if that is even possible.

John

11 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Don't you have to have a certain handicap just to get in the qualifier? How did this clown get in? They should have kicked him out after the first nine holes.

You have to have a 2.4, I believe, handicap.  I think he is actually a very good golfer.  But that is the problem, he intentionally added stroke to pump up the score.

John

frustrated season 15 GIF by The Bachelorette

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• iacas changed the title to The Guy That Shot 202 in a U.S. Am Quallifier

An online search also reveals that Bilardello was arrested in 2014 in Royal Palm Beach, Fla. on a charge of first-degree domestic battery by strangulation. 

This guy's got anger issues.

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• 2 weeks later...

I saw where he went on the Fore Play podcast so I had to listen and wow this guy as to be on something. He kept on saying he didn't do it on purpose and that there was no water so that is one reason he played bad. Saying he was injured but never really said what was wrong. If you do want to listen to the podcast skip to the last 15-20 minutes of it I believe.

Note: This thread is 1728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!