IGNORED

Five Golfers Who Just Lost Their PGA Tour Cards (2019 Edition)

Nave
Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The competition is strong. I am sure they will be back next year.

1. MARTIN KAYMER
2. BEAU HOSSLER
3. HUNTER MAHAN
4. LUKE DONALD
5. OLLIE SCHNIEDERJANS 

Via: 

ProsLosingTourCards.jpg

The end of the PGA Tour's regular season means some golfers locking down status for next year — and others losing their cards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought Kaymer was a European Tour player.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I thought if you win the PGA Chmpionship it gives you status until you’re 50, but guess not. Sucks for Kaymer. 

Not sure what the heck has happened to Mayan. He’s just completely lost his game. Good riddance, though. Not a fan of his. Heard he’s a bit of a jerk.

Didn’t Hossler just get his? I need to read up on how that all works again. Seems odd Ollie has lost it....seems like his name was around enough.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I think they do have a chance to get it back if they play in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals and end up in the top 25.

I don’t recall how many of the Top 25 on the KF money list also play in the season ending tournaments.  At least it is an opportunity for them to play against players not named Brooks, Rory, or Tiger.

John

43 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

I don’t recall how many of the Top 25 on the KF money list also play in the season ending tournaments.  

I think they basically all do. You can still play yourself into a higher priority status on the PGA Tour - meaning more starts and a better chance at keeping their card.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I think they basically all do. You can still play yourself into a higher priority status on the PGA Tour - meaning more starts and a better chance at keeping their card.

I don’t recall the exact format.

My understanding is the top 25 on the money list prior to the Finals get their cards, and then another 25 who finish in the top 25 in KF Finals also get their cards?

Would the total be 50 separate players, even though some players would be in the top 25 in both categories?

Thanks!

John

19 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

I don’t recall the exact format.

My understanding is the top 25 on the money list prior to the Finals get their cards, and then another 25 who finish in the top 25 in KF Finals also get their cards?

Would the total be 50 separate players, even though some players would be in the top 25 in both categories?

Thanks!

John

Without looking it up to confirm, there are two separate lists.

1. KF Tour regular season top 25. These guys are only playing for priority spots. They have the cards locked up now.
  2. KF Tour regular season plus finals 25-50. The next 25 after finals get PGA Tour cards. 

There is no overlap between the lists. They are separate lists, too, and I believe it's better to be a regular season graduate than a finals graduate. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

...I believe it's better to be a regular season graduate than a finals graduate. 

Thanks!

i agree with you, as I now remember, that the higher a player ends up, the more PGA events are available to that player.  Finishing first in the money gets a higher minimum starts than finishing 25, or...

It would then make sense for a qualifying top 25 regular season player to try to bump up the rankings by adding any Finals money to his regular season total.

John

The field makeup for the Finals is broken down as follows: the top 75 Points leaders from the Korn Ferry Tour at the end of the Regular Season, PGA TOUR members who are 126-200 on the FedExCup points list following the Wyndham Championship, and non-members who would have earned enough FedExCup points to place them 126-200 on the official FedExCup points list.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Not a very surprising list, in my opinion. 

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Administrator
On 8/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, ChrisP said:

I thought if you win the PGA Chmpionship it gives you status until you’re 50, but guess not. Sucks for Kaymer. 

Not sure what the heck has happened to Mayan. He’s just completely lost his game. Good riddance, though. Not a fan of his. Heard he’s a bit of a jerk.

PGA != PGA Tour

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What do you get when you win? (in non-opposite events)

• First-place prize money, which exceeds $1 million at each non-opposite PGA Tour event. 
  • Multi-season extension of playing privileges. A regular PGA Tour event extends a player’s Tour card for two years after the current season. The Arnold Palmer Invitational, Memorial Tournament and World Golf Championships provide a three-year exemption. Winning a major championship or The Players provides a five-year exemption. Winning multiple times in a year adds an extra year for each additional win with a maximum of five years.
  • FedEx Cup points: 500 for a regular PGA Tour event, 550 for a World Golf Championship, 600 for a major championship or The Players.
  • Spot in the field at the Sentry Tournament of Champions
  • Exemption into the next Masters Tournament
  • Exemption into the next PGA Championship
  • Exemption into the next Players Championship, Arnold Palmer Invitational, Memorial Invitational.

From PGA.com

As young as he is, I'd expect Ollie Schniederjans to get straightened out and compete. I don't know enough about Hosler to say, but isn't he young too? I guess what i'm saying is, age is simply in their favor.

Kaymer is someone I'd love to see make it back. When i was more interested in Twitter, he was very active and his interaction with his fans really made me like him. When we still had a tournament at Doral, I followed him one year and loved how he related to the fans, even during his rounds.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

• iacas changed the title to Five Golfers Who Just Lost Their PGA Tour Cards (2019 Edition)

Luke Donald has been out quite some time on a medical disability - he still has a few medical exemption starts available when the 2019-2020 season starts up. He also should a career money exemption to use if need be to cover 2019-2020. Hopefully Donald can get his health and game back in time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Note: This thread is 1705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!