IGNORED

2019 Presidents Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't care if he plays or not. While I think he has earned the right to play in it, I would rather see him put all this attention on being the Captain. I guess if he thinks the team would be stronger with him on it he should certainly consider playing. I love these matches, Solheim  Cup, Ryder Cup and even the Presidents Cup. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps this has already been touched on. If so my bad, as I have not read all the posts. I dont follow much of the pga either. 

The questions I have are these. Did TW earn a spot on the team?  If he didn't would he have been a captain's pick? If yes, would that captain's pick be because of his current golf game, or for tv ratings?

Just courios. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Patch said:

Perhaps this has already been touched on. If so mybad, as I have not read all the posts. I dont much of the pga either. 

The questions I have are these. Did TW earn a spot on the team?  If he didn't would he have been a captain's pick? If yes, would that captain's pick be because of his current golf game, or for tv ratings?

Just courios. 

He is the captain and he already said he will be picking himself. The picks aren't officially due for a few more weeks. He finished 13th on the list so it's not so far fetched. He is the GOAT and I'm fine with the decision. He continues to grow the game and draw eyeballs to an event, like most of you have stated in this thread, is of little interest or is an "exhibition." He's playing because he is competitive as hell and knows it will help the event. As far as his current game? Its nonexistent. He was just cleared to practice today since his most recent surgery. 

Edited by dagogolfer25

18 hours ago, dagogolfer25 said:

He is the captain and he already said he will be picking himself.

When did he say this?  (signing off some tweets with a wry joke about it doesn't count.)

picks are still a month out, right?

Bill - 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

When did he say this?  (signing off some tweets with a wry joke about it doesn't count.)

He’s been signing the letters that way since February. So who knows if he’s serious or not?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

He’s been signing the letters that way since February. So who knows if he’s serious or not?

the poster said "he already said he will be picking himself " - frankly, I find that a reach.  As you said, we don't know if he's serious or poking fun.

IMHO - I think it's much more likely it's a bit of a joke on his part.  I believe if he's serious, he'd be much more direct and communicate his intent clearer.

Like I said - anything other than that?  I find it funny and wry and likely he's poking fun at just the type of people that parse words, look for drama, build strawmen, and get worked up over pissy stuff like that.  If there is nothing other, then the poster is being way too absolute in his opinion on the topic.

I wanted the poster to refer to something official.    Which there isn't.  Of course.  Tiger knows as much as anyone, that the final pick selection process can regularly come down to the wire - and for any type of reason.

Best Regards,

rehmwa, monarch of Minnearolina

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

• 4 weeks later...

Unless Tiger can't play, then he will be on the team as a playing captain.
He said as much in the post round interview last night, saying Tiger the player had certainly impressed Tiger the captain (or something very much to that)

Really, there is no reason that the #6 ranked player in the world would not play.

I'll throw out my guesses as captain's picks - Tiger, Finau, Woodland and Rickie - but that last spot could change based on this weeks WGC.

Players play, tough players win!

48 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Unless Tiger can't play, then he will be on the team as a playing captain.
He said as much in the post round interview last night, saying Tiger the player had certainly impressed Tiger the captain (or something very much to that)

Captain or not, that's an honest statement.  He certainly made his case for a pick and I hope he does play.

Gary sure had an opportunity to make his case playing along side.  I think he was doing pretty well in that aspect until the last half day - a lot flatter and it seems the captains look for overall play, but also clutch putting.....

Really, there is no reason that the #6 ranked player in the world would not play.

This ^^^ all day long

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Tiger would never joke in the fashion of signing off as "your playing captain" with the chance of not carrying it out and backing out of the statement as to look foolish. Not his nature. Anyone still against him playing after win #82? lol

• 2 weeks later...

The International team is set as Els picks Sungjae Im, Adam Hadwin, Joaquin Niemann and Jason Day. 

Marc Leishmana

Jason Day

Adam Scott

Hideki Matsuyama

C.T. Pan

Haotong Li

Abraham Ancer

Sungjae Im

Adam Hadwin

Joaquin Niemann

Louis Oosthuizen 

Cam Smith

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Tiger’s picks are in.

• Reed
    • Finau
    • Woodland
    • Some guy named Woods

Rickie will be sitting at home. But maybe Koepka will have to sit out and he’ll get in.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
    Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If Koepka can’t go due to injury, does Tiger get another pick or does the next highest points getter autofill

19 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Disappointed FIGJAM wasn't picked.😂

As a big PHIGJAM fan, it’s a bummer he’s probably done making teams. But PHIGJAM did remove himself from consideration because of his poor play

• Administrator
    5 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

If Koepka can’t go due to injury, does Tiger get another pick or does the next highest points getter autofill

He gets to pick.

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger’s picks are in.

• Reed
    • Finau
    • Woodland
    • Some guy named Woods

Rickie will be sitting at home. But maybe Koepka will have to sit out and he’ll get in.

I like his picks.  If Koepka doesn't play, I do hope Fowler gets to play.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just listened to the interview with Tiger after he made his captains picks. I like how Tiger is always talking about earning something; like his spot on the team or being about to play in WGC’s again (as another example).

I kinda wonder if he’s ever asked anyone for anything

1 hour ago, Slim_Pivot said:

As a big PHIGJAM fan, it’s a bummer he’s probably done making teams. But PHIGJAM did remove himself from consideration because of his poor play

FIGJAM gets a lot of heat...but I like his PHONY thumbs up.

I think he's a nice guy...but a lot of fans think he's a sham/phony....lol.

• Administrator
    51 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I kinda wonder if he’s ever asked anyone for anything

Does asking me to pass the salt count? 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!