IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

🙄

Point taken, lol. However, I stand by my disclaimer.

My intent was more to say that presenting a single clean test on his personal channel from a time and place of his choosing doesn’t do much to alleviate doubt.

It’s like when my 6 year old comes and tells me that my wife’s laptop screen just broke but he didn’t do anything to it and isn’t sure how it happened. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

My intent was more to say that presenting a single clean test on his personal channel from a time and place of his choosing doesn’t do much to alleviate doubt.

I just don’t think he has to do anything. It would be unusual for someone to make posts ad nauseam about his accomplishments, training routines, diet, as a pretty polarizing professional athlete if he was breaking rules. And what he’s doing/done isn’t really beyond believable with what he started with. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm on his side about the hard work and doing what works for you.. challenging the status quo and going after it 100% full throtle. But... people that have his ass clean don't go out there and tell people they have his ass clean, when no one asked about it.

• Upvote 1

So this was posted to Youtube on Monday.  Does anyone else think that maybe Bryson is missing the spotlight just a little, especially after the PNC and Tiger/Charlie got so much attention?  I have no idea whether Bryson used PEDs to help bulk up, but as @Darkfrog says, a single test taken at the time of Bryson's choosing certainly isn't proof of any kind that he did NOT take PED's.  As a so-called :scientist", Bryson SHOULD understand that.  This isn't proof of anything other than Bryson's need for the attention.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

41 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

So this was posted to Youtube on Monday.  Does anyone else think that maybe Bryson is missing the spotlight just a little, especially after the PNC and Tiger/Charlie got so much attention?  I have no idea whether Bryson used PEDs to help bulk up, but as @Darkfrog says, a single test taken at the time of Bryson's choosing certainly isn't proof of any kind that he did NOT take PED's.  As a so-called :scientist", Bryson SHOULD understand that.  This isn't proof of anything other than Bryson's need for the attention.

This. I just don’t believe BDC has or is using PEDS. But I completely agree with what you posted.  I do believe that he’s a bit of a douche and not near as smart as he’s been made out to be by the slow minded media. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Let me play devils advocate here and ask a question.  What if BDC used PED's to achieve his phenomenal growth in those few months he was out of the game.  And then once he achieved the growth he wanted, stopped and is now maintaining his physique with a rigorous gym regimen.  That would potentially explain how he was able to grow so much so fast and still test clean because he has been clean since then

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

This. I just don’t believe BDC has or is using PEDS. But I completely agree with what you posted.  I do believe that he’s a bit of a douche and not near as smart as he’s been made out to be by the slow minded media. 

Are you Kreskin?   You read my mind!   🙂

—Adam

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

And what he’s doing/done isn’t really beyond believable with what he started with.

Agree - I have a couple friends in their 40s now, who were decently athletic when they were younger, and got into weight lifting/fitness in their late 30s and really transformed their bodies. And these are guys with regular 9-5 type office jobs and families just committing to workout in their spare time.

Someone (like Bryson) who is young, already an exceptional athlete, wealthy, with plenty of time to train, can certainly make progress like he did without chemical assistance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

People think he looks huge. Same with Tiger. But when they stand next to another sport’s athlete, they look small. BD next to Aaron Rogers was a good indicator.

482F48A4-B976-4936-9DF9-AB713AC672C2.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6'1" - 240 is a big ass dude.    he's 15 lbs heavier than Aaron Rodgers.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

40 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Even Phil is looking a bit buff in that picture.  Who is the tall, skinny guy?

You kidding? That’s the GOAT QB!

1 hour ago, lastings said:

6'1" - 240 is a big ass dude.    he's 15 lbs heavier than Aaron Rodgers.  

Thanks? Lol.

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The Tiger Woods of football, if you will.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

7 minutes ago, lastings said:

The Tiger Woods of football, if you will.  

Ahah, that's why he won't show his Tiger-like calves.. ha.

Vishal S.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:26 AM, Vinsk said:

LOL!!!

To be honest, I too didn't know who he was at a first glance.

But I recognized him once I clicked on the picture.

With regards to BD's post on Monday, I think all athletes are narcissistic (as many of mere mortals are also - see all the instagram and other social media posts).  But more importantly, their sponsor love to see them in the news.  Also isn't there a social media "popularity" contest by the PGA tour?  So as long as you get lots of mentions/hits on your post, you are getting "points" for the popularity contest?  Or am I misunderstanding this? 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, Yukari said:

I think all athletes are narcissistic 

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with!! :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

7 hours ago, Yukari said:

their sponsor love to see them in the news. 

I’m not sure Cobra was thrilled that BDC was in the news for saying his driver sucks.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, pganapathy said:

What if BDC used PED's to achieve his phenomenal growth in those few months he was out of the game.  And then once he achieved the growth he wanted, stopped and is now maintaining his physique with a rigorous gym regimen. 

That's not quite how steroids work, if it was then bodybuilders wouldn't need to constantly be on the juice when competing since they could just bulk and cut with the steroids, then attempt to maintain afterwards.

The thing is, steroids work by heavily encouraging and rapidly accelerating the repair and re-growth phase of muscle development. It improves recovery time in the gym, allowing you to work each muscle group more frequently than you otherwise could, while also both boosting amino acid uptake/protein synthesis in skeletal muscle tissue (makes you better at turning food into muscle mass) and increasing the presence of neurotransmitters at the fiber site that are responsible for triggering that growth in the first place (makes your body start turning food into muscle mass quicker/more easily).

Because being on the juice allows you to both workout harder than is otherwise physically possible AND benefit more from an identical workout than a non-juiced athlete it is impossible to maintain the gains made during steroid usage after cessation. You cannot workout as hard as you did on the juice, and even if you could workout just as hard you wouldn't get as much benefit from the same workouts. All athletes that previously used steroids before quitting will see a decrease in muscle mass and strength because they can't workout as hard anymore and their workouts are all less effective than they used to be, just like a non-juiced athlete would see a decrease in muscle mass and strength if they stopped their current daily targeted workout routines and replaced them with a couple light bodyweight exercises 2x a week.

They're not working out as much as they were, and they're not triggering muscle repair and growth as effectively as before either - the only possible outcome is an inevitable backslide to whatever their workout program and diet would have been capable of without the assistance of steroids. 

• Thumbs Up 1