IGNORED

Any Other Cleveland Golf Fans Out There?

Hello All,

After getting back into golf this year I started with my childhood set of irons which I am still currently playing (Ram formula X titanium). A persimons 1 wood and a no name 3 wood. Nike 21 degree rescue. I also had a old junk putter I bought at dicks when I was 13 or 14.

First I replaced the persimons driver with a Taylor made 580x. I had great carries with the driver but I could not keep it straight. I then replaced my no name 3 wood with my current Cleveland golf 15.5 degree 3w. The first 20 shots I hit with it at the ranger were all very straight with 190-210 carry ( good for me with a three wood). The club just felt so right in my hands and straight drives with it were effortless compared to the taylor made driver. I then replaced the Taylor Made driver with a Cleveland classic 270 9 degree driver. I alson replaced my putter with an old Ping B60 I got at a pawn shop for 25 and regripped with a large super stroke style grip byt golf pride.I have been hitting the Cleveland classic straight much more consistantly then I ever did the taylor made. My good results with Cleveland could very well be circumstantial based on the setup of each club but I have been a fan ever since just for the strokes saved switching to cleveland.I also enjoy the classic good looks of some of the Clevland line. I live in OH, despite there being no known connection between Cleveland golf and Cleveland OH, somehow the name draws me in as an Ohian. I just ordered a 4-pw set of Cleveland TA7 irons used off the bay to replace my old Rams. From what I have heard they are quite forgiving which I will need considering my on again off again iron game that haunts me every match. 

Does anyone happen to find they hit Clevelands well or a have a story about how they landed on Cleveland?

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

AKAP3648.JPG

FHPM7561.JPG

ROII1788.JPG

JKDT3679.JPG

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Nice set. I’ve used Cleveland wedges but after they came out with those atrocious ‘Vos’ (?) irons I could never look at Cleveland with a straight face again. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As long as you’re not an Ohio State fan I’m OK with Cleveland… 

:-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Nice set. I’ve used Cleveland wedges but after they came out with those atrocious ‘Vos’ (?) irons I could never look at Cleveland with a straight face again. 

I saw those during my research and find them hillarious. I also find it hillarious that it saved the brand during turmoil because Taylor Made and other companies had to pay royalties to Cleveland when they put similiar pieces on their irons.

Edited by topoftheline89

WITB:

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

I use a Cleveland Smart Square blade putter and it's the best putter i've used. Feels nice, good weight and looks like the sort of putter Darth Vader would use.

Not strictly Cleveland but as they own the brand Srixon irons are fab. I got fit for Z155 irons with miyazaki jinsoku graphite shafts, love them. 

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

My favourite driver and probably club to this day is my Cleveland Hi-Bore driver which my dad is using these days.  It was by far the most forgiving and accurate driver I have ever hit.  The specs probably suited me.  That club will stay in rotation for me once my dad stops playing.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

The Cleveland Classic driver was a beauty. My second irons, sometimes first, are Cleveland TA6 with ActionLite senior flex shafts and a couple of Cleveland wedges. Most forgiving clubs, second only to the OLD Launcher irons. I current use a Cleveland Altitude driver, slightly shortened to fit me. A fairway finder! Best, -Marv

• Like 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

2 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

The Cleveland Classic driver was a beauty. 

Cleveland Classic persimmon woods were some of the very best available when persimmon was king.  I still have an RC-85 driver and DG-43 3-wood, but haven't hit them for years.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Credit where it’s due, those VAS irons were the ugliest irons ever produced!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I had a Cleveland Launcher titanium driver. It is the one club I wish I could have back.

Back in the day I had a set of Cleveland Classic Persimmon woods. They were beautiful to look at, but not very forgiving. I always felt like I should be wearing nickers when playing them.

I am waiting on my 4-pw TA7s to come in next week. I read about 100 reviews and everyone seems to like them. Will be interesting going from the old rams to the somewhat less old Cleaveland irons. 

WITB:

I have the Classic driver and 3W, like them although sometimes I play my Cobra driver and fairway woods, depends on my mood. Given my handicap and continuing struggle with golf I need all the help I can get. I watched a Mark Crossfield review of the Cleveland HB Launcher irons and tried and like them, I bought a set, 4i thru gap wedge. I know they are not to everyone's liking, (hybrid design) but I hit them well. I find them easier to hit then my Pings but I do sacrifice a little distance, (they hit the ball high).  I just club up when needed.

Thats better... Can't wait to try these old but new to me TA7s and see if they are as good for me as the many people who's reviews I read.

Cleveland ta7 (2).JPG

WITB:

• iacas changed the title to Any Other Cleveland Golf Fans Out There?

The TA's look nice. I'd suggest the new Launcher HB turbos hybrid irons. I actually have the HB3's. But, the Turbos feel great. I have demod them a few times on the range. I am sure in 2 years the price will come down or in one year, you'll see them discounted online. These clubs saved me and my interest to play the game. They are very forgiving. Also, I love their new 3 wood too. Easy to elevate!

Edited by Sandhills Golfe