chile

It's Official… I Am Retired

15 posts / 807 viewsLast Reply

retired Marine...brother got me out golfing and now i'm blowing money on clubs and stuff.  thought I was over new hobbies 😉

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Congrats on your accomplishments. Enjoy yourself. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats on retirement. You'll be busier now than you've ever been.

2 hours ago, chile said:

retired Marine...brother got me out golfing and now i'm blowing money on clubs and stuff.  thought I was over new hobbies 😉

It's not a hobby.  It's a love affair and you've got to spend money, lots of money, on her.

Congrats and thank you for your service.
On a good note, military courses are generally in good shape and inexpensive for service members.
One thing about golf, there's many great places to enjoy the game.

thank you...already loaded up on TM clubs :/...that being said, I've been working on my tee shot and was wondering how much range time is too much?  have had my M2 driver for about 5 days...have hit about 250ish balls with it already...too much?

16 hours ago, chile said:

thank you...already loaded up on TM clubs :/...that being said, I've been working on my tee shot and was wondering how much range time is too much?  have had my M2 driver for about 5 days...have hit about 250ish balls with it already...too much?

Congratulations, Brother, and Semper Fi!

Range "time" is relative. My recommendation is going to the range or practice area with a specific goal in mind.

Also, make every shot mean something. Golf is so mental that if you put yourself in golf course scenarios on the range, it can help to translate to the course. Mindset is everything and the game is to be enjoyed first and foremost.

Be careful of just being out on the range hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls. If you have bad habits and you aren't working to change them, then you are just reinforcing those bad habits by hitting more balls with those habits. 

Most of the good players I know and work with accomplish more with a few practice shots because they are actively practicing. Less experienced players tend to get out there and send a bucket down range and feel like they have practiced when all they did was go through the motions. If you can get in that mindset early you will be golden.

Train like you fight, Marine! Best of luck.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, chile said:

Thank you for your service.

Welcome to TST! Congratulations, it is great that you are part of this community now!

On 10/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, Black Sail said:

Congratulations, Brother, and Semper Fi!...Train like you fight, Marine! Best of luck.

Thank you...and yes, I always work on what's "ailing" me...got a lesson scheduled to get me steered in the right direction as well.

Congrats, don't overdo it. Golf is not like other sports, where the more you do it the better you get.  I  played 3 times a week when I worked in PA,  and moved to Pinehurst, NC when I retired. I tried playing more than 3 times a week here and it was too much.   The big difference is I can play 12 months of the year. Enjoy !