IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

28 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

Well, being as my current best score is 76. I'd take the 67. Get the season off to a great start. The 1000 bucks would be nice, but if I consider it the cost of getting my game to the point where I can shot in the 60's. That seems cheap. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

I'll take the money.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

45 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

At first I was thinking money, but then I realized I’d rather shoot 67. My norm is around 92, so for me, that would definitely be a round to remember. $1000 would probably only last me a year or two, but shooting a 67 would be something I remember for the rest of my life. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Easy.  The experience of having a new career low is easily worth $1000.  Hell, I'd take a 69 over the money

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm going to invoke my favorite "acid test" here.  You're on your deathbed... would you rather tell all your (golfing) grandchildren about the 67 you once shot or the extra $1000 you accrued in your life?  😐☺️

It's kind of a lame test. Assuming I'll have grandchildren, they golf, and that they'd actually care about some random score I shot when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, the better story would still be how I won $1,000 in the lottery without even playing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm going to invoke my favorite "acid test" here.  You're on your deathbed... would you rather tell all your (golfing) grandchildren about the 67 you once shot or the extra $1000 you accrued in your life?  😐☺️

I reject that too, like Bill.

For that thousand bucks you could easily create a pretty great memory too. Like playing Pebble if you’re into that, or a spontaneous driving distance vacation, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Would You Rather…? #11

Give me the money.  I can invest it in lessons to help me reach 67 on my own which would give me a lot more satisfaction than getting a 67 once and probably never again.

Edited by IowaGreg

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

6 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Give me the money.  I can invest it in lessons to help me reach 67 on my own which would give me a lot more satisfaction than getting a 67 once and probably never again.

Good answer.  And HJJ003 had a very valid answer, as well.  Actually, I guess all answers are valid.  ☺️

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's kind of a lame test. Assuming I'll have grandchildren, they golf, and that they'd actually care about some random score I shot when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, the better story would still be how I won $1,000 in the lottery without even playing.

Yeah, but if I got the $1000, I'd either buy beer with it, or I'd waste it.  I buy enough beer already.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

I'll take the cash, I can wait to shoot 67 until the second day of spring.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

As much as I'd love to shoot a 67, I'd take the money. Reason is that I assume the 67 is a one off, and immediately after I'd go back to my 90 +/- 3 scoring range. One of the things I love about golf is the challenge and reward of continuous improvement.

I'd probably take the $1000 and put it right back into my golf game somehow.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, billchao said:

So on your deathbed you'll tell your Grandchildren (if you have any) how you won $1000 in the lottery without even playing.  Of course, they'll ask you if that money is in your will.  😀

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

So on your deathbed you'll tell your Grandchildren (if you have any) how you won $1000 in the lottery without even playing.  Of course, they'll ask you if that money is in your will.  😀

What I do on my deathbed is irrelevant. The point is there are many more worthwhile things I could do with $1,000 than to have one sub-70 round of golf.

This is the Pebble Beach discussion all over again.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Take the $1000 and immediately book a round at Pebble Beach. I would be covered for the 19th hole too. That would be a good deathbed story.. 

Vishal S.

6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Take the $1000 and immediately book a round at Pebble Beach. I would be covered for the 19th hole too. That would be a good deathbed story.. 

Let me know when you book.  I'll meet you in the bar after your round...

2 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

Would You Rather…? #11

This is a good question for debate. I’ve seen great answers from both sides, and this is definitely one of them. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot