IGNORED

Davis Love III Joining CBS Broadcast Team

nevets88

First! Ha ha. But seriously, I never heard him in the booth or even watched any of his interviews, so dunno what his personality is like.

usatsi_10980464-e1572363925137.jpg?w=640

Davis Love III is heading to the broadcast booth. The World Golf Hall of Famer and 21-time PGA Tour champion is joining CBS as an analyst for its coverage of the PGA Tour, the Masters and PGA Champ…

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Benefit of the doubt until he uses the phrase "of the golf ball" or starts calling putts "efforts"

then it's open season

Or “this just a moment ago”

5 minutes ago, NJpatbee said:

he always seemed a bit quiet in front of the camera.

Okay, I’m sold.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
22 minutes ago, iacas said:

And now he's leaving CBS. Thank goodness, as he was bland as can be…

Yep, we kinda knew that going in.  But he proved it.  Talented golfer doesn't translate to talented on-air commentator.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

And now he's leaving CBS. Thank goodness, as he was bland as can be…

As I said in another thread...a loaf of bread has more personality than DLIII.

Glad to hear he's back to competitive golf and a desire to spend more time with family.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I've heard a story about Bobby Jones, however even I'm not old enough to verify it as true. Bobby was supposedly putting one day with who I believe was Horton Smith, but I may be wrong on the name. When he was setting up to putt, Horton (or whoever) asked him if he was going to clean the worm castings from his line, since the may knock his putt off line. Bob's response was "they may knock it on line as well". 
    • I think what it boils down to is that the bad putters would gain a bit and the good putters would loose a bit from their respective normal from the ensued randomness. That makes sense so I changed my vote.  
    • Bumps hurt the good putter too.  I probably am not explaining my thought process well, and good chance I'm totally wrong since I'm in the minority in the poll 😀.  But if you use the shotgun approach, say the average proximity on all putts for the good player is 2 feet.  And the average for the poor putter is 3 feet.  Then the randomness kicks in acts as a multiplier, some putts get better and some putts get worse.  When the multiplier is applied to the 2 proximities, the number increases more for the poor player.   say the multiplier is 1.5, 3x1.5=4.5 (new proximity average) 2x1.5=3 (new proximity average) good player new versus old proximity...3-2=1 foot increase bad player new versus old proximity....4.5-3=1.5 foot increase  The poor player's shotgun increases by a wider margin.
    • I changed my vote because of the post below.  This made the good sense.  On a personal note, I understand randomness but can't stand 'luck' as a significant factor for ANYTHING in golf. I think that influenced my first vote.  EDIT: @saevel25 yes, I def stand corrected. 
    • I am going to disagree. This would mean the good putters would know the outcome of the randomness to know how to adapt.  Also, wouldn't a putt that hits a big bump harder be deflected more offline than one that is hit slower? I've seen golf balls shoot 1-2 inches in the air before on longer putts due to imperfections in the green (i.e. Pitch Mark). I remember back in the day when spike marks use to be a bigger deal. PGA Tour players would just accept their fate if their putt had to go through a foot print of spike marks. They would get pissed off that the ball got deflected, and then stamp down the spike mark with their putter after the putt.  Also, just to visualize, and I hope this helps out about how randomness hurts better putters.. Imagine a 10-FT putt, that is flat. The green area putters who make it 100% of the time. They got perfect speed for maximum capture speed. The teal color are putters who make like 50%. The blue area are those who make like 25% of the putts. Again on a perfect green. Now, the red crosshatch, is the area of imperfection that if hit into would cause 50% of all putts made to be missed, and 50% of all putts missed to go in. This would be random, but over 1000 putts the percentage would be around 50%. You can see how the imperfections only hurt the best putter. He would go from 100% made putts to 50% made putts. The golfer who made 50% would have half of his made putts go in, and half of his missed putts go in since his shot zone falls inside the imperfection area. The terrible putter would only have some of the putts effected, and others would be putted so bad there would be no help a all. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. AmirReza
      AmirReza
      (34 years old)
    2. BushwoodCC
      BushwoodCC
      (55 years old)
    3. cozelos
      cozelos
      (36 years old)
    4. RollingStoppie
      RollingStoppie
      (52 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...