• Funny 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Demoralizing is smart play meeting poor execution. I lay up perfectly with 15 yards of fairway remaining before that lateral water.  80 yards left to the pin.  Easy.  Hit a chunker into the drink

I'm going with the 3.5 foot birdie putt you miss after knocking your shot to the green stiff.  Shanks, though they happen far less often, other than for Vinsk, are more demoralizing, but so rare.

I haven’t hit a shank in over a month😃. But come on people, nothing is more demoralizing than a shank. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If ‘shanks’ become ‘Vinsks’ on this forum..I want a badge for it.😂

When Vinsk becomes a Verb.  Looks like you could use some more badges.  I'll talk to Erik about it, but I don't have much pull...

7 hours ago, billchao said:

That’s it? I might have hit two in just my last round.

Off the tee! The second one was on the first tee with this new group of guys I started playing with that are all scratch to single. I hit the shot and said that's straight and should help my stats and someone from the gallery piped up and said, you can only count the ones that are long enough to make it to the actual fairway! I couldn't hit that second shot fast enough and thankfully didn't compound the error. 

13 hours ago, tehuti said:

That's me exactly. I call it the dreaded second shot. The closer I am to dead center of the fairway the greater my chance of topping or shanking my second shot.

That’s my demoralizing shot as well....too many skulls and fatty’s.  I start thinking don’t screw up a good drive with a poor 2nd, and the mind forgets the word “don’t” and I do! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Off the tee!

Yes, I am blessed with the talent of being able to top a ball that’s 2” off the ground. It’s almost as useful as @Vinsk’s shanking power.

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yes, I am blessed with the talent of being able to top a ball that’s 2” off the ground. It’s almost as useful as @Vinsk’s shanking power.

Lol....well at least you’re topping that ball at well over 100mph ss.

28 minutes ago, cooke119 said:

Sculling it across the green from a tight lie or out of a bunker, drives me crazy!

this... and I'm talking shots from the collar or just off.  

and on a bad day, just the opposite too - (what we call) the chili-dip, taking turf not ball.  It's so simple to take a simple putting stroke with the wedge or 9i and have a really nice result.  I am trying to putt from off the green as much as is possible but if it gets 10 feet, thats too much usually.  

Just now, burr said:

and on a bad day, just the opposite too - (what we call) the chili-dip, taking turf not ball.  It's so simple to take a simple putting stroke with the wedge or 9i and have a really nice result.  I am trying to putt from off the green as much as is possible but if it gets 10 feet, thats too much usually.  

it's where I lose a bunch of shots.

Edited by burr

Nothing puts one behind the 8 ball like pumping one OB off the 1st tee. It's like discovering a hole in your oxygen tank as soon as you setoff from base camp for the climb. Lol

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Lol...And for earth shattering consistency...this:

78D1B8B1-7082-4E41-A95B-9796C94D707D.thumb.jpeg.57b78c59cc1738dd13ff46f173de9031.jpeg

You need to try them face forward clubs or something. Of all my troubles that's one thing I have avoided for all my golfing life. Knock on wood. But yeah, a shanks affliction has gotta be the undisputed title holder of all frustrations. 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Some consolation prize that is. Like X-Ray vision glasses that only work for Daredevil.

5 hours ago, billchao said:

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Speaking of bad tops, I did this with 3W today.CC3D31BC-ED65-4C82-9236-9EB60403BA80.thumb.jpeg.2ef5f21dc921e24793a3c876b353d38c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Speaking of bad tops, I did this with 3W today.CC3D31BC-ED65-4C82-9236-9EB60403BA80.thumb.jpeg.2ef5f21dc921e24793a3c876b353d38c.jpeg

Off a tee, no less.  At least you have the comfort of knowing that in August that sucker rolls out 200 yards...

• Funny 1

Second bad shot of a blow-up hole. Let's say first shot was a punch through the trees that went wrong, now the ball is sitting on a pile of leaves, with a relatively unobstructed flight path. Being rattled now by bad shot #1, fail to set up properly for shot #2, which ends up shanking 20 yards to the dead right, probably ricocheting off the occupied porta potty at the next tee, leaving a truly horrific shot #3 which at this point has next to zero chance of reaching the green.

That's when I say I'm playing Stableford and pick up.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, burr said:

it's where I lose a bunch of shots.

What I have started to do, which works well for me, is instead of a chip with a 50* or a 50* I use a PW with a putter stroke, kind of like a bump and run but not using an 8 iron.