iacas

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

444 posts / 26261 viewsLast Reply

2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Three birdies today but all repeats.

Whatever, f***er. You have to do it every month. You're almost done with January, so congrats. 😄

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Whatever, f***er. You have to do it every month. You're almost done with January, so congrats. 😄

😛

Hey, I'm just posting updates!

I played 9 holes on my course today. Had 3 birdie chances inside of about 15 feet. Left two about a foot short in the jaws, blew the third one by without scaring the cup. Would have been nice to get one of those, especially with 2 of them being on pretty long par 3s. 

I started birdie, birdie yesterday (I don't think it's ever happened to me before!) and had a round with 3 birdies last week, but both were on a different course than the one I selected for this... In time, maybe.

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

5 birdies today, four repeats but got the 18th hole.

1. I see this:

image.png

2. I assume Mike made another 37 birdies.

3. I click the topic.

4. My suspicions are confirmed.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

1. I see this:

image.png

2. I assume Mike made another 37 birdies.

3. I click the topic.

4. My suspicions are confirmed.

lol you sound like the guys in my group!

i am gonna take up this challenge.  So far only one round this year and no birdies.  Was a tournament that was wrecked by a lost ball on the fairway and that led to a stretch of triple double triple and ended my hopes.  Hoping to birdie at least one hole this month in one or max two more rounds

Another 2 rounds this weekend. 7 birdies but 3 of them where repeated.
It´s hard to catch @mvmac but I will do my best. 

Next week i will play a Mid Am in another course so.. nothing to report in the next 10 days. 

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

lol you sound like the guys in my group!

That's fine, Mike, but you only have about 17 days left in your January Birdie Challenge. February will be a bitch if you can't get January, but at least you have 29 days this year. 😄

Man, not sure how I missed this topic when it was posted. Anywho-sounds like a fun challenge. With being a 18 capper I will make this a Par challenge (but will track birdies too if they happen!). My home course is a 27 hole course, so I choose my favorite Houston course that I play often as well....Memorial Park Golf Course. I have played once and made 7 pars! 11 more to go this year. 

14 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Man, not sure how I missed this topic when it was posted. Anywho-sounds like a fun challenge. With being a 18 capper I will make this a Par challenge (but will track birdies too if they happen!). My home course is a 27 hole course, so I choose my favorite Houston course that I play often as well....Memorial Park Golf Course. I have played once and made 7 pars! 11 more to go this year. 

I think make it a par challenge until you beat that in March or April… then switch over to a birdie challenge. 🙂

There's no wrong way to do it, and there are no prizes, but you're selling yourself short if you think it'll be tough to achieve a par challenge, IMO.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I think make it a par challenge until you beat that in March or April… then switch over to a birdie challenge. 🙂

There's no wrong way to do it, and there are no prizes, but you're selling yourself short if you think it'll be tough to achieve a par challenge, IMO.

Noted!

I'm in.  Managed to get one round in before the snow. Hole #8 is off the board-  17 to go!