IGNORED

Idiots on the Course

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

A couple of weeks ago, as I was getting ready to tee off on #14 which runs perpendicular to #18 (with that green next to the 14th tee box), I see a couple pushing a stroller, a grandma (I presumed) with a very small infant, perhaps 2-3 months old in the stroller, taking a leasury walk on the cart path behind #18 and heading towards the 18th tee, stopping and walking onto the middle of that fairway, taking pictures, selfies and whatnot, like it's a nice day at the park.... all while golfers are hitting their shots and coming straight at them!

I ran towards them and yelled to get off the course and that they are putting the baby in danger, that they don't understand golf at all, that it could kill them or the baby. They don't seem to understand and they speak no english at all. I finally call them crazy with the international sign of making a circle around one's temple and they look at me like I am the devil. I make more gestures and loud noises about them getting off the course, and finally they comply, and head back towards the club house on the cart path, where they came from.  And I call the pro-shop too to make them know and make sure they are leaving the course. These people had absolutely no clue, whatsoever, thinking a golf course is just like a park! SMH.

I guess if you don't play golf at all, have no clue about the game, are totally non-observant then a stroll across some beautiful green acreage is a wonderful, yet dumb thing to do.  This attitude goes for some automobile drivers, too.

24 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

These people had absolutely no clue, whatsoever, thinking a golf course is just like a park! SMH.

We have our own version of these people. They are called foot golfers.

They put the foot golf holes into our par-3 about two years ago. There were more than a few kids that got out there and figured they could do whatever they wanted. Had one of the snots come out from a clump of trees right after I hit my tee shot. I screamed fore as loud as I could even though they weren't close at all to getting hit. Scared the piss out him.

Actually, haven't seen as many foot golfers this year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For a game that's supposed to be relaxing, it seems we make threads and threads about pet peeves and crotchety oldsters finding excuses to get perturbed.

• Like 1

Bill - 

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

For a game that's supposed to be relaxing, it seems we make threads and threads about pet peeves and crotchety oldsters finding excuses to get perturbed.

Common. Screaming at kids is fun. ... Live a little.

Seriously though, a person could get brained running out in the middle of a fairway like that.

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

We're all going to have stress-related heart attacks on the course.  😊

I once was a curmudgeon.   I'm now a reformed curmudgeon.   Retirement makes a world of difference.   Do I still get upset with idiots on the golf course, ya, but I'm a little more tolerant because ...  I don't know why...I just am.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I once was a curmudgeon.   I'm now a reformed curmudgeon.   Retirement makes a world of difference.   Do I still get upset with idiots on the golf course, ya, but I'm a little more tolerant because ...  I don't know why...I just am.  

Because with your semi-youth and additional years you have newfound wisdom and understanding.  Those slow folks ahead of you on the road or the golf course... they are you in 10 years.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Get off my lawn!

Get off my lawn-like golf course!

It could be just about anything. Just make sure you call them "Spanky" when you're yelling at them. Even funnier when Spanky is a girl.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:03 AM, billchao said:

There’s an idiot who doesn’t know what he’s doing on the course every time I go out for a round.

And sometimes its us...….

2 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

And sometimes its us...….

That’s what I was getting at 😃

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Killian Greens runs through homes. In the past, they've had a problem with homeowners having company and their parties overflowing onto the golf course, leaving trash around and occasionally damaging a green. They also have had people simply walk onto the course from the street and drink or have picnics during the night. They leave trash too. They did have one homeowner that called the police when she saw someone about to build a campfire on the course. The course is owned by one individual, thus it's private property, regardless that he runs it like a public golf course for the sake of people who wish to play there.

They recently built a fence around the whole course. There will be gates at points where you have to cross a neighborhood street to get from one part of the course to another. They will be opened early in the mornings when they put out pins and locked at night.

It should be interesting to see whether it stops the problems.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

1 minute ago, DennisMiller said:

They also have had people simply walk onto the course from the street and drink or have picnics during the night

That's not why I went on golf courses during the night when I was in college.  I had a basement apartment in a house and my landlady insisted I have no girls in the house.

56 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

They also have had people simply walk onto the course from the street and drink or have picnics during the night.

I've been one of these idiots before...when I was a HS freshman it was somewhat of a tradition in my area to party at the local golf course at night. My friends and I were pretty tame as far as partying went, we would drink Zima (none of us had a taste for beer yet) and go ice blocking (hilly course + fairways = good ice blocking). This was before I had ever even considered playing golf - football, baseball and soccer were my preferred sports back then. Now, as a golfer, I look back and cringe a bit...

58 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

They recently built a fence around the whole course.

Fences weren't effective at keeping me and my friends (and all the other partying youth in the area) off the course. But it ran its course and we eventually got bored of the golf course routine and moved on to something else like to going to raves in abandoned warehouses, basically anything that seemed cool enough to get girls to hang out with us.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

14 hours ago, billchao said:

That’s what I was getting at 😃

I played with this guy who drove his ball into another fairway on a par 5. He played it from there and still parred the hole, the Bast**rd! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I played with this guy who drove his ball into another fairway on a par 5. He played it from there and still parred the hole, the Bast**rd! :-P

I birdied that hole, TYVM 😜

36EBD0EE-4DFC-4113-9AFF-57511ABB2431.jpeg

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

I birdied that hole, TYVM 😜

36EBD0EE-4DFC-4113-9AFF-57511ABB2431.jpeg

Damn! That's right!!! LOL! Even more a B*****rd!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!