IGNORED

Stuck Here With You All of You People

Cantankerish
Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't get me wrong.  I am gratified that I can discuss golf-related topics with the folks on TST, especially at times when my thoughts and efforts are ostensibly beholden to my employer.  But I should be out there...

PRACTICING!

The more we talk about this stuff, the more I just want to be out there trying out these nifty ideas or hitting dozens of chip shots.  I should start a kickstarter to help me quit my job, hire a substitute parent for my kids, and...hmm, what to do about the wife.

How can I find a way to farm out the duties of my life so that I can spend more time learning this damned game?  How do you manage it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

How can I find a way to farm out the duties of my life so that I can spend more time learning this damned game? 

This one sort of solves itself. Spend more time on this game and be derelict in your other responsibilities. Soon you won’t have responsibilities to worry about 😜

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• iacas changed the title to Stuck Here With You All of You People
1 hour ago, billchao said:

This one sort of solves itself. Spend more time on this game and be derelict in your other responsibilities. Soon you won’t have responsibilities to worry about 😜

... other than the child support.  And the credit card payments for the new Titleist clubs...

You could move into an RV, get out of Boca and move up here to Merritt Island and be a digital nomad (millennial speak) and get a part time job as a starter or marshal that way you could play for free. Another option, downsize your life, sell everything you don't actually use, move out of your house into a trailer park, get a part time job at aforementioned golf course, receive money from the government for food. And since you have kids, collect 3000 per child when you file your taxes like the sign on the corner here says. I really don't see what is stopping you. I have laid it all out for you, your next post should be asking if anyone wants to buy anything.  Or be the guy below

f69a9e3c8c15544d938e840a434c2662.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

When you get asked to do jobs around the house or do the shopping, make sure you do such a terrible job you dont get asked again.

Once this is done wait until your wife/partner is about to do said job then offer to do it. After a short while you'll be told to clear off somewhere you cant cause any problems (e.g. the golf course) :-P

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right here I am stuck in the middle with you" - Stealers Wheel

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, RussUK said:

When you get asked to do jobs around the house or do the shopping, make sure you do such a terrible job you dont get asked again.

Once this is done wait until your wife/partner is about to do said job then offer to do it. After a short while you'll be told to clear off somewhere you cant cause any problems (e.g. the golf course) :-P

This reminds me of a high school friend who did just that! After getting married, he realized quickly his hunting time in the fall was being shortened by tasks around the house. He intentionally would leave missed lines all through the lawn while mowing. His wife would get pissed because it looked terrible and told him she would just do it. In short order, he was back in the tree stand! One of the smartest guys I know......still married too

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

1 minute ago, Greg 504 said:

This reminds me of a high school friend who did just that! After getting married, he realized quickly his hunting time in the fall was being shortened by tasks around the house. He intentionally would leave missed lines all through the lawn while mowing. His wife would get pissed because it looked terrible and told him she would just do it. In short order, he was back in the tree stand! One of the smartest guys I know......still married too

My little brother would feign incompetence to get out of chores when we were kids. Made me crazy. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My little brother would feign incompetence to get out of chores when we were kids. Made me crazy. 

As did my older sister. Sadly, I was never smart enough to catch on to what she was doing at the time.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

13 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

How do you manage it?

I don't manage it.

Golf season for me effectively starts in late April and ends in December or earlier depending on weather. Even in season, it's two rounds and one trip to the range on a normal work week.

For better or worse, the rest of the time is about breaking necks and cashing checks. 

Sadly I was never able to manage it and golf suffered. However, the company where I worked had golf league and I told my wife I was joining because it was good for my career, social interaction, getting to play with the bosses, etc. We played after work once a week, (9 holes). I also told her I needed "me time" to play once a week and I crammed all the other stuff into my other time. One thing I never scrimped on was raising the kids, that took up a lot of time but it was worth it. I could never get them interested in the game though.

My wife would never pick up a golf club, she is not into any sport but she has her own things to do.

Now that I am retired my wife is glad to get me out of the house! I have no problem getting time to play and practice.

I play or practice 5+ days a week May-August. I do it by getting up at the crack of dawn. I can play 18 holes and practice for 30-45 minutes and still be home before 10:00am. My family sometimes doesn't even know I went to the course. 

I also get in some good practice time both on and off the course in the late afternoons if nothing else is going on. Working at a golf course helps a lot, and so does living right next to it. Sometimes I'll have an hour or so to kill and head over, grab a cart, run out, find an open hole, and practice on the course. It beats sitting watching TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Where i'm living it's 5-6 month of golf per year. Now that the kids are growing up, it's harder to play golf on the weekends because of all their activities. I'm trying to introduce them to golf but it's hard for young kids. So my trick is to wake up early and go play before work in the weekdays. I also go to the driving range during my lunch time at work. It help that I have a flexible schedule at work! Also, a round of golf for birthday gift if you have friends/family play golf, the wife cannot say no when it's a gift and you have to go with them!! 😄

As a comedian said:

"I was a wretch, lived suffering, lived bitter. It didn't last in any job. My poor wife lived complaining. My children demanded more attention. Until one day, a friend, lent me the disc of Warren Sánchez "looking for the path" ... (which you can acquire in the post installed in the theater hall). And from that day on my life changed: I stopped suffering, I stopped bitter, I stopped working, I left my wife, I left my children ..." Les Luthiers (Gratest Hits)

Amen brother!

6 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

If only.  Last week she said:

"I love you even though you golf."

As opposed to? 

Street Racing

Cock fighting

Bare-knuckle boxing

Big-time sports gambling. 

Man's gotta have his hobbies.

Note: This thread is 1554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!