IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

10 hours ago, iacas said:

OWGR points are available for many 54-hole events.

Are they planned 54 hole events or 72 hole hole events that were curtailed due to conditions.  If the former, out of curiosity could you name one or two?  I also was not aware of it.

6 hours ago, StuM said:

Maybe on top of the money a person saves on their own, but not that $1m alone.  Hopefully, we will all stop working at some point and the funds need to survive those retirement years to be passed to the next generation.   Assuming retire at 65 and live to 85+ that is 20+ years that funds needs to survive that time period.  And 20 years inflation at only 3% means if you need $40,000 at age 65 you will need @ $70,000 at age 85.  Now, current inflation is how much???  I just do not see it lasting multiple generations.  I think we are OT so I say we agree to disagree. 

To get back on topic, HVIII has a 10,000,000 net worth.   Barring complete economic collapse or terrible personal financial decisions (like taking up losing at high stakes gambling), that is more than enough to afford him a very affluent lifestyle for the rest of his life plus send his kids to whatever schools he wants to.  I think the issue with some of these guys is they aren't satisfied with that and think they deserve to live the very opulent lifestyle of guys who have been around longer and accomplished much more. They compare themselves to the Dustin Johnson's of the world, not the guy who comes to fix their plumbing.

Although the LIV guys aren't gen Zers, what they are doing is pretty comparable to quiet quitting.

Edited by turtleback

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just now, turtleback said:

Are they planned 54 hole events or 72 hole hole events that were curtailed due to conditions.  If the former, out of curiosity could you name one.

Fully planned 54-hole events.

You can find a bunch if you just look (1, 2, 3, etc…), plus the wikipedia page says "54-hole tournaments reduced to 36 holes retain full points."

Several tours which offer OWGR points are almost exclusively 54-hole events. The 54-hole nature of LIV alone is not a disqualified.

To get back on topic, HVIII has a 10,000,000 net worth.   Barring complete economic collapse, that is more than enough to afford him a very affluent lifestyle plus send his kids to whatever schools he wants to.

It's not enough for his kids to be guaranteed to be able to do the same for their kids, though.

They compare themselves to the Dustin Johnson's of the world, not the guy who comes to fix their plumbing.

I mean, is their plumber one of the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% in their chosen profession?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0901%2Fr1055742_

British Open champion Cameron Smith said on Wednesday he felt it was unfair that those who joined LIV Golf are not receiving world ranking points and hopes that changes before his exemption into golf's four...

If only there were a way for him to have known this would happen before he signed the paper!  /s

8 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Interesting. Althought I wasn't talking about living a comfortable retirement. I meant to live comfortably. Still work but have a good amount of available funds to enjoy life. I didn't expect people to never work while living on that 1 million for generations.

Even if we're talking $1M in a Roth IRA and being old enough for penalty-free withdraws, that's probably enough for one person (maybe two) to retire somewhere in reasonable comfort, barring a major emergency.  Some of these guys are signing for money where the interest on the interest (this is a terrible phrasing on my part) could possibly, or even likely, support an individual for life.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here is what I can not comprehend about the LIV golf Tournament. Actually one of many things, but this one just keeps me up at night!

LIV continues to acquire golfers. They play 54 hole events. At what point do they have too many golfers? 18 hole shot gun start, assuming they have 4 golfers per hole, that is 72 golfers.

At what point do they start bumping lesser known guys to make room for more well known golfers.
At which point LIV is just paying Bubba Watson to stay home?

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Elmer said:

Here is what I can not comprehend about the LIV golf Tournament. Actually one of many things, but this one just keeps me up at night!

LIV continues to acquire golfers. They play 54 hole events. At what point do they have too many golfers? 18 hole shot gun start, assuming they have 4 golfers per hole, that is 72 golfers.

At what point do they start bumping lesser known guys to make room for more well known golfers.
At which point LIV is just paying Bubba Watson to stay home?

They have 48 golfers. They've already bumped several people.

Bubba is injured and not currently playing.

• Administrator

Cool. Cool cool cool cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, iacas said:

They have 48 golfers. They've already bumped several people.

Bubba is injured and not currently playing.

Bubba was a true shill today. You are a 2 time Masters champion. Have some respect for what allowed you to cash in. What a dick! 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

8 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Bubba was a true shill today. You are a 2 time Masters champion. Have some respect for what allowed you to cash in. What a dick! 

What happened?  Another pathetic press conference with a LIVer where a pathetic performance is given?

—Adam

39 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

What happened?  Another pathetic press conference with a LIVer where a pathetic performance is given?

It’s still a bit cringe worthy when these guys get a mic stuck in their face and obviously have to appear like this is the most surreal experience they’ve ever encountered. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

It’s still a bit cringe worthy when these guys get a mic stuck in their face and obviously have to appear like this is the most surreal experience they’ve ever encountered. 

Scripted talking points. All are singing the same song they agreed to. Maybe Harold Varner was a bit more honest, saying it was more like the cash. But all are expected to toe the line.

33 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

Scripted talking points. All are singing the same song they agreed to. Maybe Harold Varner was a bit more honest, saying it was more like the cash. But all are expected to toe the line.

True. And Bubba was strolling around the course with some deadpan commentating…I think he’s forgotten he wasn’t very popular on the PGAT.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

What an exciting finish to the tournament! Oh wait! Yeah I didn’t watch. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I have no desire to watch greedy turncoats playing exhibition golf. Snoozefest.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I definitely don't care enough to find out, but scanning the leaderboard just now, whoever this dude is in DFL has a mildly amusing scorecard. 

image.png

Constantine

Ah yes! Now the players are allowed to wear short pants during competition. A sure way to make it look more like a weekend exhibition. Some of these guys look pretty silly playing in shorts. Please Phil, put your big boy pants back on. What's next? Probably letting them drive golf carts down the fairway. 😅

• Funny 1

Liv needs coolers of beers on odd # holes. This is the only way it will be taken seriously. I am sure Brooks can get Mich Ultra as a sponsor

• Funny 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear: