IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else enjoy the sight of BDC being driven back to the tee to reload as much as I do?

Lee Elder to serve as honorary starter at 2021 Masters Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Aug

As long as I hear ‘ and another birdie for Tiger’ I don’t need any crowds. 😃

Posted Images

Watch Sandy Lyle win the Masters is the reason started playing golf.......

But Sandy c’mon ffs. Just no, NO, NO!!

9E5AFEB9-C619-43FC-A49B-C739D94CF20E.jpeg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Watch Sandy Lyle win the Masters is the reason started playing golf.......

But Sandy c’mon ffs. Just no, NO, NO!!

9E5AFEB9-C619-43FC-A49B-C739D94CF20E.jpeg

New dress code coming for Augusta National! Within the next hour...

I'll take Loudmouth pants over that look.

Bryson got lucky on 11, so a double means his luck evened out. Putting solidly so far. Should be fun to watch

Just curious about your opinions on the following story.  I have a few questions:

1) Is it really a disadvantage for BAD not to have the green books since they were not provided to anyone in the field.  I think the article is implying it is a disadvantage to BAD because he is so meticulous but I do not agree it is disadvantage unique to him.  He has the same practice time to learn the greens as all of the others.

2) What is your opinion on Green Books in general?  I personally do not like them.  We as the general public need to read greens on our own and I do not see why the pros should have it any different.  Golf is to be a game of skill, reading a green is one of those skills.

feb82ec2cec64402d9aad27a107ac96a

Bryson DeChambeau is expected to be dominant off the tees this weekend at the Masters, but it's his play on the greens that will make or break him.

Wow I am loving this viewing option for the Masters. I am streaming the Featured groups - Bryson, Jon and Louis; Tiger, Lowry and Ogletree.  No commercials, no piped in bird sounds, no endless prattle from commentators. No patrons means you really get to see the golf course.

And Tiger is, so far, having one of his best first rounds at the Masters.

Edited by MiuraMan
Add Tiger comment

13 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

Wow I am loving this viewing option for the Masters. I am streaming the Featured groups - Bryson, Jon and Louis; Tiger, Lowry and Ogletree.  No commercials, no piped in bird sounds, no endless prattle from commentators. No patrons means you really get to see the golf course.

And Tiger is, so far, having one of his best first rounds at the Masters.

I agree, pick your players and just enjoy.   I have "My Group" on my phone and the TV on the live broadcast coverage.  Not getting much work done today.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Wow, it looked really bad for a moment there, weatherwise.

F49F0953-FFE5-49FC-B68E-3D13B0783B72.jpeg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Cases are actually dropping in my area. So much so that they had a Covid floor changed back to normal patient care last week. That's a significant improvement. Edit: Maybe not total positive cases but in house patient numbers have dropped. I'll word it that way
    • So, what happens when the impact parameters are different, like, 115mph swing speed at impact and 85mph swing speed at impact.  Which ball would be better to use?   Terms like fly further and stay in the air longer seem to be the same outcome, just worded differently.
    • Welcome to The Sand Trap from a fellow West TN golfer. You picked a great site to learn and work towards getting the handicap even lower.
    • Your earlier statements included this: It’s false. And that video is ridiculous. The ball is basically smeared against the face, but it’s less so with wedges, and so I believe there’s more contact with wedges with these dimples. It’s based on physics. What you quoted (without quoting - please attribute material and quote it) -  says little about the basic physics, and what it does say it gets wrong. Like: This is not true most of the time. Again, given the same impact parameters, a firmer ball will have a higher ball speed and a bit less spin. Until the spin gets too low, that ball will likely fly farther. Softer balls are appealing because for some they generate a bit more spin to keep the ball in the air longer.
    • Golf ball compression is important because it affects the distance and control that you will gain on a golf shot. Your ability level will determine which kind of golf ball you will get the best feel and distances with. Firstly, on the low end of the spectrum it is possible to find low compression balls that create long distance if you have a slower swing speed. On the compression chart, these balls would often be rated between 30-70 and are ideal for beginner golfers or senior golfers. An example of a low compression golf ball in this category would be the Callaway Supersoft. Yet at the other end of the spectrum, you have high compression balls which mean you would have to strike the ball with more speed to achieve the same kind of distance. These types of balls, however, give the golfer more control over their shot, especially with their faster club head speeds that they are generating. These balls may be rated greater than 70 on the compression chart and are ideal for more experienced golfers. An example of a higher compression golf ball is the Callaway Chrome Soft and offers a direct comparison to the Supersoft. You can view more about the differences and similarities between these golf balls here.  A good rule of thumb which can be applied to knowing your compression level, is that golfers with a club head speed of 70mph should use a 70 Compression Ball. A golfer with a club head speed of 80mph should use an 80 Compression Ball and those with speeds of 90mph should use a 90 Compression ball with 100mph swing speeds indicating the use of a 100 Compression golf ball. By using a suitable golf ball you can make sure that you increase your average golf ball speed. In order to get the maximum distance possible out of a golf ball, it must be fully compressed. This is when the ball will be half flattened upon impact due to enough force being applied to maximize the compression. Golf Ball Compression: What Is It? [Complete 2020 Guide & Chart] (reachpar.com) Is that based on the wide variety of swing speeds?   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Aynfan
      Aynfan
      (153 years old)
    2. DDBowdoin
      DDBowdoin
      (36 years old)
    3. drw72
      drw72
      (49 years old)
    4. jest
      jest
      (68 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...