IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

I’m really curious to see vaccination rates in that young demographic and how that plays out since the risks are so low.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

I’m really curious to see vaccination rates in that young demographic and how that plays out since the risks are so low.  

Probably will fall along the lines of what their parents chose to do. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So there's a booster for Moderna now? I thought they were saying the Moderna efficacy didn't drop like the prize one did? Like Pfizer dropped to 70 something but Moderna stayed in the 90s after 6 months?

Colin P.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:46 PM, saevel25 said:

I think there's a good chance it will be substantially lower.  There's a subset of parents who ended up getting the shot, weren't really scared of getting covid, but felt it was the right thing to do, would make life easier in some ways, and would rather not get sick than get sick of course.  That was when the story was to get the shot and life goes back to normal.  Now, efficacy  numbers going down, boosters needed, vaccinated folks getting sick etc..  I think some of those folks are not going to see the benefit of getting their young kids a shot that works for a few months against a virus with statistically an extremely low risk of affecting them.  Couple that with all the kids in this situation who have recently have covid with natural immunity.  

Edited by Wanzo

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator

Yes, morons continue to exist. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, Wanzo said:

I'm sure I'm the weirdo in this. But since this thing started I've been saying the kids getting Covid is MORE DANGEROUS than the adults. Since the beginning I've said that if somebody caught COVID and immediately turned bright blue, we'd have this thing licked in no time. Just avoid all the people who are bright blue. The problem is that so many people are asymptomatic. 

The trouble with kids getting Covid is many fold. 

• As a rule they don't show symptoms so they run around infecting everyone they meet.
  • Schools are giant petri dishes in the best of times. One kid comes in with green snot running down his or her face, in two days every kid in their class has green snot running down their face. 
  • Grandmas and Grandpas (generally the more vulnerable population) want nothing more than to hug on their grandkids. 
  • Grandmas and Grandpas travel all over to see their grandkids, or parents truck their kids all over the US to see grandparents. 
  • Typhoid Mary was a real person. Gene Tierney was a real person. Asymptomatic does NOT mean you don't have it. 

Once again, I go back to the conversation I had with my mother-in-law.

She started with

- "I heard kids can't get it." 

- "No, kids can get it. They just don't know they have it." 

- "Oh, ... well, I heard kids can't get it. So, I'm sure I won't catch if from the kids." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But you're not "SuperHuman" unless you have natural immunity, as well.

Dang! Always something more...

So I was watching this French comedy about flat dwellers dealing with the onset of COVID (8 Rue de l'Humanité/Stuck Together - Netflix) and there's this scene where someone says le COVID and then is corrected la COVID. It made me look up - French language covid feminine vs masculine. Apparently this was decided on last year by the authorities of the language. It's, la COVID. I wonder what other languages that make the feminine masculine distinction decided.

facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400

French linguists at the Académie Française have finally put an end to the debate of which of the definitive articles — a masculine le...

BTW, the movie was pretty funny, I laughed... a lot. Actually I cracked up a couple of times. So much that is relatable.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:37 PM, Zippo said:

I got Moderna boostered today! Yaaaay! Now I’m bulletproof…

This isn't available in NY.... Again, I thought Moderna effectiveness doesn't drop like Pfizer....

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

So I was watching this French comedy about flat dwellers dealing with the onset of COVID (8 Rue de l'Humanité/Stuck Together - Netflix) and there's this scene where someone says le COVID and then is corrected la COVID. It made me look up - French language covid feminine vs masculine. Apparently this was decided on last year by the authorities of the language. It's, la COVID. I wonder what other languages that make the feminine masculine distinction decided.

facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400

French linguists at the Académie Française have finally put an end to the debate of which of the definitive articles — a masculine le...

BTW, the movie was pretty funny, I laughed... a lot. Actually I cracked up a couple of times. So much that is relatable.

Prolly cos "sickness/illness is "la maladie" and feminine, just like Spanish with "la enfermedad"

Colin P.

45 minutes ago, colin007 said:

This isn't available in NY.... Again, I thought Moderna effectiveness doesn't drop like Pfizer....

Prolly cos "sickness/illness is "la maladie" and feminine, just like Spanish with "la enfermedad"

I thought I read that the Moderna booster could be used for Pfizer patients and it was not suggested that Moderna patients need a booster.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

It is available, at least in NYC.

59 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought I read that the Moderna booster could be used for Pfizer patients and it was not suggested that Moderna patients need a booster.

New York State is currently largely in line with CDC, and offer Pfizer & Moderna boosters to specific groups in line with CDC recommendations (over 65, 18+ with underlying conditions, high risk jobs, nursing homes). NYS currently recommends sticking with the same shot you got before, but offer a choice of any. NYC Latest recommendations:

CDC recommendations

corona-virus-2019-wuhan-600px.jpg

CDC provides credible COVID-19 health information to the U.S.

:

Edited by chspeed

3 hours ago, chspeed said:

It is available, at least in NYC.

New York State is currently largely in line with CDC, and offer Pfizer & Moderna boosters to specific groups in line with CDC recommendations (over 65, 18+ with underlying conditions, high risk jobs, nursing homes). NYS currently recommends sticking with the same shot you got before, but offer a choice of any. NYC Latest recommendations:

CDC recommendations

corona-virus-2019-wuhan-600px.jpg

CDC provides credible COVID-19 health information to the U.S.

:

Thank you

Appears that the state has updated its vaccine website

*Although the Moderna shot isn't available on the website....grrrrrr

Colin P.

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Thank you

I don’t know where you got your moderna shots but might be good to give them a call and find out if it’s available to you. 

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Thank you

It's available here at selected CVS locations in NYC. I scheduled a booster in November. My first two shots were Pfizer and I decided to go with Moderna for the booster.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:46 PM, saevel25 said:

I'm guessing that the rates will be correlated with what the parents did, but much, much lower, especially in the 5-11 age range.