IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Question - I got my second shot the last week of February, but couldn't get boosted until the middle of November, is my level of protection lower than it would've been had I been able to get all my shots within the recommended 6 month window?

Funny enough I had a conversation about this very thing with my doctor on Wednesday. 

He said the important thing is to get the recommended vaccination. And to get the booster. In terms of the exact dates... it's iffy in so much as everyone is different. The 6 months is literally just a guideline. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Question - I got my second shot the last week of February, but couldn't get boosted until the middle of November, is my level of protection lower than it would've been had I been able to get all my shots within the recommended 6 month window?

The opposite.  CDC recommendation is at least 6 months after completing the initial series of two (if Pfizer or Moderna), or at least 2 months after receiving the J&J.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html?s_cid=11705:when to get the covid booster:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY22

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Story.  I have a golfing buddy I play with maybe twice a week.  A few weeks ago I asked him if he had gotten his booster shot.  BTW, he did get the J&J about 8 months ago.  Being that I could, I hounded him multiple times over two rounds to get his booster.  Friends helping friends.  He kept resisting with a bunch of phony statements... part of his friend base is very conservative and leaning right... thinking he picked up these excuses from them.  

I didn't play golf with him for about 10 days (just the way things shaped up, not from ostracizing him) and bumped into him on Saturday after a tournament.  "Hey James, I got my booster two days ago!"  My first response, very spontaneous, was to hug him.  Don't think he's a "hugging" guy.

So he'll probably never get vaccinated again if it means a hug from his golfing buddy.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

part of his friend base is very conservative and leaning right... thinking he picked up these excuses from them.  

I find this a very interesting part of the discussion. I have friends who lean to the right and some who lean to the left. Of the two friends I have who absolutely refuse to get vaccinated at all, one leans way to the right and one leans way to the left. BTW - I mean way way way to the right and way way way to the left. 

I know that's only one data point (before @iacas tells me). But I tend to lean to the conservative side (although I like to think I'm a rational individual who will listen to all sides.) Personally I couldn't wait to get vaccinated. I literally got it as soon as was possible. I even drove an hour and a half to do so. I'll be getting my booster week after next and can't understand why anyone wouldn't want one. Never really understood why this became a political thing... other than the fact that it seems like everything becomes a political thing these days. I mean do you want to get sick and possibly die or spread it to others who may die, or do you NOT want to get sick and NOT possibly die or NOT spread it to others who may die?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

@ChetlovesMer so many things are political because it's so tribal.   You have to go with your tribe and/or echo chamber unless you put a lot of thought into it.   Which a lot of people don't.   

I got my booster a week ago and am very happy.   I hope Omicron is not that big of a deal and we can continue to move forward.   Looking to see where the vaccinated percentage is when the 5-11 year old age group kicks in.

—Adam

• Administrator

The old Republican party no longer really exists. And for all I know it hasn’t ever really.

That’s not a political comment just a comment on how people tend to line up on vaccine party lines.

I think you’re conservative in your policies, but that isn’t necessarily political because the modern day Republican party is different than that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is how people are easily swayed on social media, and now main stream news. You find a group that aligned 80-90% with what you believe. Slowly over time they are able to weave in narratives that pollute your mind. I do not think it is hard for a good number of people to be swayed in this way. Its like people need to run an anti-virus scanner on their brain to wash out all the garbage. 

I will coin the term, intellectual laziness. Honestly, it is sometimes very taxing to try to be a skeptic all the time. You kind of want to believe people who you think are trustworthy, knowledgeable, and shouldn't lead you down a bad path. In this case, it his happening way too often. 

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

The old Republican party no longer really exists. And for all I know it hasn’t ever really.

I think they did, but not for like the last 15 years? I think it has been a while. I would say they try to believe they are like the republicans of the 80's and 90's, but they are not. 

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

That’s not a political comment just a comment on how people tend to line up on vaccine party lines.

I think that is 97% a leadership issue. I'll throw out 3% due to some people just being crazy. 

I totally blame the right leaning media, the political leaders on the right for not getting on board with the vaccine. 

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you’re conservative in your policies, but that isn’t necessarily political because the modern day Republican party is different than that.

I agree with this. For the most part, I think the Republican Party has shifted away from being slightly right and more significantly right leaning. Just how I think the left has shifted away from slightly left to significantly left leaning as their core message and how they act with each other. I think it can be seen with how this COVID situation has handled, and how the vaccine was handled. 

If this happened in 2001, instead of 9/11, I think we would be way past COVID right now. Like, 75% of people fully vaccinated in half a year. I just think politics has degraded so much in the past 20 years. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My wife and I are getting our boosters on Friday. We have to go to Rhode Island to do it because up in our area in MA they are booked out three weeks. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My wife and I are getting our boosters on Friday. We have to go to Rhode Island to do it because up in our area in MA they are booked out three weeks. 

Swing by the Black Pearl in Newport for lunch.

I was in my pharmacy this morning (masked, of course) to pick up a prescription and the place was packed with people getting boosters and getting tested. Omicron is driving this and maybe that is a good thing. 

A couple of local golf clubs have put back some restrictions (particularly masks indoors) but mine hasn't done that yet. Our board is made up of the type that believes in "freedom". There is a Christmas party for the membership planned this coming Saturday and I think they want to get past that before they do anything. Meanwhile, it could end up as a spreader event. I ain't going. 

Bill M

Screen-Shot-2021-12-06-at-2.45.50-PM-1.j

Dr. Alex Huffman, an associate professor of chemistry and aerosol science at the University of Denver, explained the results of this fascinating research in a viral Twitter thread.

War Eagle!

I got my original vaccination in april pfizer and had no reactions whatsoever, got my booster day before Thanksgiving and was fine for about 5 days and then all of sudden one evening had chills and fever for most of that evening and was fine next morning, just wondering if a reaction could take a few days after injection.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator
5 hours ago, flopster said:

I got my original vaccination in april pfizer and had no reactions whatsoever, got my booster day before Thanksgiving and was fine for about 5 days and then all of sudden one evening had chills and fever for most of that evening and was fine next morning, just wondering if a reaction could take a few days after injection.

Five days? No. Almost surely not.

5 hours ago, flopster said:

It’s possible but unlikely as Erik said. Delayed reactions are more commonly seen with a local reaction at the site of injection, but not so common with systemic reaction.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Got my booster today.  Did not, and do not, feel a thing.  Needles must be thinner than they were when I was a kid.  Either that or I am just older and less sensitive.  Be safe folks.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 12/7/2021 at 5:16 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

But I tend to lean to the conservative side (although I like to think I'm a rational individual who will listen to all sides.) 

Rant alert.😉

Just to be clear - there is only one side here. Those who oppose the vaccine do not have any valid points that are accepted by anyone whose opinions a sane person respects. And if there are any, they've made a  pretty poor attempt at getting them out here. What are they? A car veers off the road and strikes a vaccinated child in a playground and this is presented as proof that the vaccine magnetizes people. 😳8 years old is "too young". Why? Says who?

I mean......here in Australia, we've just had a politician on Alex Jones's show saying that vaccination mandates and quarantine are the same as the holocaust. Unbelievable. Disgusting.

What pisses me off about the ant vaxers is that so many of them they aren't just anti vax - they're anti mask, anti-quarantine, and to a point, Covid deniers in that they almost all claim that it is overstated and exaggerated.

This is something I have NEVER heard from an anti vaxer:

"I'm not getting vaccinated but I'm sanitising all day long and I'm wearing a mask whenever I'm anywhere close to other people."

They just don't say this. They are opposed to anything that they think impacts upon what they stupidly think their "freedoms" are. 

Please don't assume that there are two or more sides to this argument. Science won the argument in January/February last year.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Nice rant.  Aren't those the same people who when they are on their deathbed from Covid are saying they wish they had gotten vaccinated?  Or that they would now be happy to take the science-designed monoclonal antibodies?

Edited by Double Mocha Man