IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Resistance to being vaccinated has so far been based in everything except real data

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any other info on Covid booster shots? 

106899255-16239706282021-06-17t224520z_7

Coronavirus vaccine booster shots will likely be needed in the fall, according to experts. Here's what we know so far.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

29 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Any other info on Covid booster shots? 

106899255-16239706282021-06-17t224520z_7

Coronavirus vaccine booster shots will likely be needed in the fall, according to experts. Here's what we know so far.

You just posted what looks to be relatively current information.  It seems somewhere between possible and likely that boosters will be advisable, but details are lacking as variants keep occurring and data is continually being collected.  Stay tuned.  What seems more important is that more and more people get vaccinated to slow the spread and decrease the likelihood of additional variants.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

You just posted what looks to be relatively current information.  It seems somewhere between possible and likely that boosters will be advisable, but details are lacking as variants keep occurring and data is continually being collected.  Stay tuned.  What seems more important is that more and more people get vaccinated to slow the spread and decrease the likelihood of additional variants.  

+1. The mRNA vaccines at least have been shown nearly as effective against Delta as original. So, highly effective. Our problem is anti-vaxxers (both classic and Trumpist) and the public policy legacy of Reagan where a huge proportion of people will miss bills and whatnot if they can't work because of side effects, so haven't gotten it even though they want to. If we got to 80-90% immunized with current vaccine the pandemic would almost totally end in the US, at least until a vaccine escaping variant pops up somewhere.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, mdl said:

they can't work because of side effects,

Won’t work. Can’t is much less common.  Unfortunately that attitude has shifted over the years. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, StuM said:

I am just glad the misinformation in the internet did not exist to stop people getting the Small Pox vaccine decades ago.   High vaccination rates basically made Small Pox extinct.

Along with Polio, Tetanus, Rubella, Measles, Whooping Cough, Pneumococcal Disease, Rotavirus, Mumps, Diphtheria, and so on..... 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Won’t work. Can’t is much less common.  Unfortunately that attitude has shifted over the years. 

About half the people I know felt bad enough they couldn't work for at least part of a day. 80% of Americans couldn't cover a surprise $500 expenditure/bill. ~50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 25% of workers have no paid sick leave whatsoever. Since those largely overlap, you figure that makes 15-20% of workers who aren't paid when they're sick and barely cover their bills at the end of each month. Ideology can't change the facts.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

16 minutes ago, mdl said:

About half the people I know felt bad enough they couldn't work for at least part of a day. 80% of Americans couldn't cover a surprise $500 expenditure/bill. ~50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 25% of workers have no paid sick leave whatsoever. Since those largely overlap, you figure that makes 15-20% of workers who aren't paid when they're sick and barely cover their bills at the end of each month. Ideology can't change the facts.

My second dose gave me a 102.4 fever, chills and an impressive headache. I still worked my 12 hour shift seeing patients who came to get a doctors note for missing their 8hr shift in a cubicle. Attitude can change a lot. Work ethic is much poorer than it used to be.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Work ethic is much poorer than it used to be.

Amen to this! 

Let’s not stray off topic please. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Again, off topic. 

How many more times before I get silenced for a few days 🤣

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

11 minutes ago, mdl said:

How many more times before I get silenced for a few days 🤣

Just have your comments be about COVID and you’ll be fine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anybody still wearing a mask when going to a restaurant, grocery shopping, Etc? I pretty much am mask free unless mandatory, like health care facilities. Some people still don't feel secure w/o a mask. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Anybody still wearing a mask when going to a restaurant, grocery shopping, Etc? I pretty much am mask free unless mandatory, like health care facilities. Some people still don't feel secure w/o a mask. 

It felt a bit odd going maskless, but I'm pretty much mask-free now, having had my second vaccine dose in late March.  I still see a significant percentage of people in the grocery store wearing masks, maybe 25 or 30%.  I always have one with me, in case I go into a place that requires it, I'll continue to respect the rules that a private business might have.  I do wonder how many who continue with masks do it because they're still a little concerned about exposure despite being vaccinated, or perhaps haven't been vaccinated but still respect the mask rules.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

If the store request that I do, then I do. 

I would say almost every store in Ohio has updated guidelines that vaccinated people don't have to wear masks. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

But we do not know who is vaccinated among us, and many of them are not wearing masks. I'm vaccinated but there's still a 5% chance of catching the virus. So I still mask.  No longer to protect others, but to protect myself.

52 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But we do not know who is vaccinated among us, and many of them are not wearing masks. I'm vaccinated but there's still a 5% chance of catching the virus. So I still mask.  No longer to protect others, but to protect myself.

As you said, just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you are guaranteed not to get infected.  And you have no idea who is and isn't vaccinated.

So I wear a mask whenever I go indoors in public places, restaurants, shopping, banks, etc. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2