iacas

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I still kinda liked the guy... but not anymore.  I try not to associate with idiots.

Well, shoot!  And I was just about to invite you to an all expense paid round in the Bahamas with me!  😁

• Administrator

Penn State just mandated masks for all indoors, vaccinated or not.

Vaccinated people will not have to be tested, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

What is it about a person who has a platform if you will and cannot use it to encourage people rather than tell everyone that if “…your young and strong like me” you don’t need a shot. What a fool!

9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There's a new variant of the virus out there right now... very contagious.  I don't have time to be dying in a hospital.  I have tee times coming up

I 100% Second your statement!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Penn State just mandated masks for all indoors, vaccinated or not.

Vaccinated people will not have to be tested, though.

My company just reinstated mask mandates in open areas for all and a few other reasonable restrictions.  All are things I can "LIVE" with. (pun intended)

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Just read this yesterday.  National news... you've probably all read it too.  Guy and his wife, with kids, decide to wait one full year from the first vaccination to determine if it was safe.  He caught Covid-19 a week ago, fought and fought, several hospitals.  39 years old... he died.  His final text to his wife:  "I should have gotten the damn shot".

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Well, shoot!  And I was just about to invite you to an all expense paid round in the Bahamas with me!  😁

Hurricane coming soon to the Bahamas.  I don't like to play golf in the wind.  But thanks Zippo.  At least you're not a covidiot.  😁

On 8/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, where I live everything is a half hour drive. 

Even to the end of your driveway.  Even to the closest public school.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

But DeChambeau, 27, said he does not regret his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus.

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

Bryson honey, that is so much BS!  My friend that I played golf with on Monday says he takes vitamin D so therefore he is immune.  I drink red wine... so I'm good too.  Or at least I'll die in a stupor...

33 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bryson honey, that is so much BS!  My friend that I played golf with on Monday says he takes vitamin D so therefore he is immune.  I drink red wine... so I'm good too.  Or at least I'll die in a stupor...

His excuse is several months out of date.  I understand the hesitation for a lot of people from something injected into you.  My wife and I looked into the science, made our decision to get it as soon as we are eligible and did it.  I admit I was nervous.   I did it anyway.   Bryson should just say he’s an anti-vaxxer or scared.  Better than saying tripe like that.

Brooks should call him chicken….

Edited by imsys0042

—Adam

So here we have vaccines available for COVID and people are hesitant for multiple reasons and misinformation from political leaders, celebrities, athletes, etc.

But everyday people take prescribed and over the counter medications for what ever sickness they may have. Side effects from these medications are on the label.  Commercials everyday on television advertise this and that for skin conditions, headaches, aches and pains and each state a disclaimer “….if irritation or nausea or blah, blah blah appears or persists contact your doctor”.

They gladly take these medications for what ails them, but won’t take a shot for a virus that can kill them!

Just amazing.

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

His excuse is several months out of date.  I understand the hesitation for a lot of people from something injected into you.  My wife and I looked into the science, made our decision to get it as soon as we are eligible and did it.  I admit I was nervous.   I did it anyway.   Bryson should just say he’s an anti-vaxxer or scared.  Better than saying tripe like that.

Brooks should call him chicken….

Virtually all of us have had something injected into us. That's why it's rare to see a case of Smallpox or Polio. 

It looks like FDA will be giving the Pfizer final approval sometime in the next few months. Maybe as early as next month. 

03dc-virus-pfizer-videoSixteenByNine3000

The Food and Drug Administration’s move is expected to kick off more vaccination mandates for hospital workers, college students and federal troops.

Come on people, get vaccinated. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

It looks like FDA will be giving the Pfizer final approval sometime in the next few months. Maybe as early as next month. 

03dc-virus-pfizer-videoSixteenByNine3000

The Food and Drug Administration’s move is expected to kick off more vaccination mandates for hospital workers, college students and federal troops.

Come on people, get vaccinated. 

Now everyone with the "I'm waiting for full FDA approval" excuse can put up or shut up, or move the goalposts again.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

This proves he's an idiot and not a "scientist".  Just enough information to be dangerous to himself and to others.

Just because you are young does not guarantee you will be fine.  He just happened to be one of the lucky ones.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

This proves he's an idiot and not a "scientist".  Just enough information to be dangerous to himself and to others.

Just because you are young does not guarantee you will be fine.  He just happened to be one of the lucky ones.

That’s the least important point of his ignorance. It’s the fact that he’s allowing himself to be a host for the virus to not only pass to another but to allow a variant to be created. He’s an absolute idiot.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s the least important point of his ignorance. It’s the fact that he’s allowing himself to be a host for the virus to not only pass to another but to allow a variant to be created. He’s an absolute idiot.

Guess he missed that basic bio class in college too. He’s a dangerous ass.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Now everyone with the "I'm waiting for full FDA approval" excuse can put up or shut up, or move the goalposts again.

That’s still months away.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

NY Vaccine passport updated, expiration date changed from 6 months to a year after fully vaccinated date.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.