IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

His question is valid. Ideally, we want something highly contagious with zero morbidity and mortality. Unfortunately, omicron won't be zero. From the CDC four days ago (bold added by me for emphasis):

The clinical severity profile of Omicron infection will strongly influence its impact on future U.S. hospitalizations and deaths. At present, early data suggest Omicron infection might be less severe than infection with prior variants; however, reliable data on clinical severity remain limited. Even if the proportion of infections associated with severe outcomes is lower than with previous variants, given the likely increase in number of infections, the absolute numbers of people with severe outcomes could be substantial. In addition, demand for ambulatory care, supportive care for treatment of mild cases, and infection control requirements, quarantining/isolation of exposed/infected workforce could also stress the healthcare system. These stresses likely will be in addition to the ongoing Delta variant infections and a rising burden of illness caused by other respiratory pathogens, such as influenza, which have begun circulating at greater frequencies

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

His question is valid.

His data wasn’t.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
1474745401555230724.jpg

Thread by @tmprowell: Well, I got 2 messages before 9am from friends telling me they have #COVID19 in their households. And in the 12 mins since, I’ve just heard about 4 more. So Merry Exponential Growth...

That's a good topic on what to do if someone in your household gets COVID-19.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3000.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. health officials on Monday cut isolation restrictions for Americans who catch the coronavirus from 10 to five days, and similarly shortened the time that close contacts need to quarantine.

• Administrator

Possible Link Between Blood Type and COVID-19

That article is from 2020, but more recent articles continue to say similar things: O blood types are less susceptible than A or B.

COVID-19-Genetics.png?fit=720%2C405&ssl=

Many factors influence our risk of illness from SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19. That includes being careful to limit our possible exposures to the virus as well as whether we …

September 2021:

pmc-logo-share.png?_=0

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, a concentrated research effort has been undertaken to elucidate risk factors underlying viral infection, severe illness, and death. Recent studies have investigated...

How many COVID-19 tests have you all taken?

I've taken two, both were required at the time by Penn-State Behrend. Both were last winter, as I haven't had to test since being vaccinated in early march, 2021.

Both negative, of course.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've taken two, both were required at the time by Penn-State Behrend. Both were last winter, as I haven't had to test since being vaccinated in early march, 2021.

Taken 1 “professional” test and 3 at home tests, all in the last couple months, all negative.

Also, as far as I know, I have never had Covid.

Im type O positive blood.

I think I've taken 5, 4 at home, and one 1 PCR. All negative. I've had 4 minor colds this year somehow, but none have been COVID. I also had a stomach bug that wiped me out pretty bad, which prompted the PCR test. 

My son (5) has had 2 PCR tests, and I think 3 at home test. My daughter (almost 2) has had 2 PCR tests, too - she's too young for the at home tests. My wife has done 2 PCR tests and 2 at home tests, I believe. All negative so far.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

14 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Taken 1 “professional” test and 3 at home tests, all in the last couple months, all negative.

Oh and just got my booster yesterday too 🙂

Pretty much have ditched the surgical and cloth masks and upped my mask game. All masks now are at least KN95 and stocked up on N95s. Some are even more of a pain to put on though, but you can really tell that less air is coming in or escaping. Did not buy any masks from Amazon because that place is dodgy, can't tell counterfeits.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Pretty much have ditched the surgical and cloth masks and upped my mask game. All masks now are at least KN95 and stocked up on N95s. Some are even more of a pain to put on though, but you can really tell that less air is coming in or escaping. Did not buy any masks from Amazon because that place is dodgy, can't tell counterfeits.

I've heard good things about ProjectN95.org.

I keep putting these in my cart but they're duckbill type and they look weird.

https://shop.projectn95.org/aci-surgical-n95-respirators-3120-box-of-50-/p

I've taken about 8 tests I think. I went to England in September and I had to take a test before I left, another when I landed, another before I came back and another when I got back. Then I got a PCR test last week before Christmas as family were coming and I've taken another couple of at home tests after my trip.

All negative. Also triple vaxxed

I've taken about 10-12 tests for travel purposes only.  All negative.  Knock-on-wood.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

16 hours ago, Golfingdad said:
16 hours ago, iacas said:

Expand  

No tests, other than an antibody test last winter   

same….haven’t had covid to my knowledge and type o positive.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

20 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I think I've taken 5, 4 at home, and one 1 PCR. All negative. I've had 4 minor colds this year somehow, but none have been COVID. I also had a stomach bug that wiped me out pretty bad, which prompted the PCR test. 

My son (5) has had 2 PCR tests, and I think 3 at home test. My daughter (almost 2) has had 2 PCR tests, too - she's too young for the at home tests. My wife has done 2 PCR tests and 2 at home tests, I believe. All negative so far.

Welp. Took another one today because I have a minor sore throat and some congestion. Wanted to be safe because I was getting a haircut and eating out tonight. It came back positive. I have not been around anyone but my wife and kids in the past 2 days, so I haven't exposed anyone. My wife tested positive, too, but she only has a runny nose (and she actually tested when that started a few days ago and it came back negative, so that is strange). My son is negative and doesn't have symptoms. My daughter has no symptoms and is too young for an at home test.

I have been vaccinated and boosted. That's probably why I have only really minor symptoms. Honestly, I wouldn't have even thought I was sick except for the pandemic. Glad I took the test and can now avoid spreading it to others.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Welp. Took another one today because I have a minor sore throat and some congestion. Wanted to be safe because I was getting a haircut and eating out tonight. It came back positive. I have not been around anyone but my wife and kids in the past 2 days, so I haven't exposed anyone. My wife tested positive, too, but she only has a runny nose (and she actually tested when that started a few days ago and it came back negative, so that is strange). My son is negative and doesn't have symptoms. My daughter has no symptoms and is too young for an at home test.

I have been vaccinated and boosted. That's probably why I have only really minor symptoms. Honestly, I wouldn't have even thought I was sick except for the pandemic. Glad I took the test and can now avoid spreading it to others.

Did you touch your mail?  😄  Hoping you and your wife's cases are very mild.  After that you'll have immunity from both the shots and the virus.  You'll be "Superhuman"!

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Is it possible the test was a false positive.   Strange that your wife tested negative originally and your son is negative.   

Either way,  I hope your symptoms are mild and you enjoy the new year.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

20 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Is it possible the test was a false positive.   Strange that your wife tested negative originally and your son is negative.   

I doubt it, since I have symptoms, and my wife's test came back positive. If I were the only one positive, I would be wondering about a false positive. But I'm not. Probably a bigger chance that my wife's first test was a false negative.

-- Daniel

WRT the testing, our neighbors (vaxxed + boosted) have 2 under 5 children who tested positive.   One of the parents was pretty sick and the other was no symptoms and they could not get a positive test.   They aren't sure if the one parent had something else and was feeling lousy, but it's definitely interesting that that level of exposure couldn't get a positive test result after multiple tries.   Now it's possible the viral load was low, if they had it.   

—Adam