Jump to content

51 posts / 4087 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

The second video was excellent too. How hard was it for you not to mention AimPoint being that you both teach that? I assume it is because it is a different company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The second video was excellent too. How hard was it for you not to mention AimPoint being that you both teach that? I assume it is because it is a different company.

Yeah. Basically. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really should start with the first video, but I skipped straight to the clubhead speed one, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Purchased yesterday, and just downloaded the videos on my phone. Looking forward to watching.

I'm really jonesing for good instructional content lately being stuck inside working from home with wife and kids, so this will be a nice respite from the quarantine routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Funny story, kinda… we had the scripts set for the studio portions, and go in, and the first segment is something like five minutes straight of Dave and I talking. We don't want to be distracting, we want to enunciate, we want to read everything correctly without looking like we're reading, etc.

So we're nervous.

The guy says "go" and we're off, recording, and doing our five minutes.

We finish, and think we did well. No distracting movements, no stumbles on words, no sneezes, etc.

The guy says "uhhhh, let's do that again." We're disappointed and we ask "Why, what did we mess up?" He says "Nothing. It was too perfect. It felt awkward how perfect it was. You guys have to loosen up and act more naturally, who cares if you stumble on a word or two, or if you scratch your shoulder once, or something. It makes it more authentic. You guys didn't do a single distracting thing or mess up once. It was unsettling." 🙂

So, we intentionally didn't "care" as much from there on, if we slouched a little, or scratched the side of our nose, or adjusted my glasses, or whatever.

I'm teaching online for the first time this quarter.  I've recorded an occasional lecture before, but this quarter (and this upcoming summer) all the classes I teach are online and not in-person (note for anyone reading this that doesn't know me:  I teach, but not golf).  When we were going over plans before the term, it got mentioned a few times that the classes feel weirder for students if we try to avoid the stumbling, the saying "uhh" and so on.  

In any case, I bought the set a moment ago and downloaded the first video.  I don't know if I'll get a chance to watch before the weekend but I'm sure the videos are fantastic.  I'm very much looking forward to watching them (and catching up on the practice series).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I really should start with the first video, but I skipped straight to the clubhead speed one, lol.

I started on the GamePlan one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finished the distance/speed video, good stuff. That's the 5th or 6th accumulator with regards to the wrist move right?

Love the LSW decal on the laptop cover.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I finished the distance/speed video, good stuff. That's the 5th or 6th accumulator with regards to the wrist move right?

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Love the LSW decal on the laptop cover.

I was hoping maybe it meant they had bought out a major computer conglomerate. 🍏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I was hoping maybe it meant they had bought out a major computer conglomerate. 🍏

We tried to, but we were $140.12 short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, iacas said:

🙂

I have a question about this. It was #6 on the list for increasing speed with the driver. How does this differ from casting? I find that when my right hand is too active, I hit shots fat or cast and lose in-line impact. I’ve been working to control not doing this as much in my lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have a question about this. It was #6 on the list for increasing speed with the driver. How does this differ from casting? I find that when my right hand is too active, I hit shots fat or cast and lose in-line impact. I’ve been working to control not doing this as much in my lessons.

The simple answer… if you already throw out the angle between the shaft and the arms too quickly, then this isn't really something you can implement. If you tend to deliver the clubhead with too much shaft lean (especially with a driver), it's another area you can exploit for speed.

P.S. Casting I feel is much earlier in the downswing, but yeah, if you cast, you'd run out of this wrist motion for use near impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The simple answer… if you already throw out the angle between the shaft and the arms too quickly, then this isn't really something you can implement. If you tend to deliver the clubhead with too much shaft lean (especially with a driver), it's another area you can exploit for speed.

P.S. Casting I feel is much earlier in the downswing, but yeah, if you cast, you'd run out of this wrist motion for use near impact.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally had time to purchase and download these. I cannot wait to watch them over the weekend. I have been trying to get my son to read the book for a long time. Now maybe he will sit down and watch the videos. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...