51 posts / 4087 viewsLast Reply

The second video was excellent too. How hard was it for you not to mention AimPoint being that you both teach that? I assume it is because it is a different company.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The second video was excellent too. How hard was it for you not to mention AimPoint being that you both teach that? I assume it is because it is a different company.

Yeah. Basically. 🙂

I really should start with the first video, but I skipped straight to the clubhead speed one, lol.

Purchased yesterday, and just downloaded the videos on my phone. Looking forward to watching.

I'm really jonesing for good instructional content lately being stuck inside working from home with wife and kids, so this will be a nice respite from the quarantine routine.

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Funny story, kinda… we had the scripts set for the studio portions, and go in, and the first segment is something like five minutes straight of Dave and I talking. We don't want to be distracting, we want to enunciate, we want to read everything correctly without looking like we're reading, etc.

So we're nervous.

The guy says "go" and we're off, recording, and doing our five minutes.

We finish, and think we did well. No distracting movements, no stumbles on words, no sneezes, etc.

The guy says "uhhhh, let's do that again." We're disappointed and we ask "Why, what did we mess up?" He says "Nothing. It was too perfect. It felt awkward how perfect it was. You guys have to loosen up and act more naturally, who cares if you stumble on a word or two, or if you scratch your shoulder once, or something. It makes it more authentic. You guys didn't do a single distracting thing or mess up once. It was unsettling." 🙂

So, we intentionally didn't "care" as much from there on, if we slouched a little, or scratched the side of our nose, or adjusted my glasses, or whatever.

I'm teaching online for the first time this quarter.  I've recorded an occasional lecture before, but this quarter (and this upcoming summer) all the classes I teach are online and not in-person (note for anyone reading this that doesn't know me:  I teach, but not golf).  When we were going over plans before the term, it got mentioned a few times that the classes feel weirder for students if we try to avoid the stumbling, the saying "uhh" and so on.  

In any case, I bought the set a moment ago and downloaded the first video.  I don't know if I'll get a chance to watch before the weekend but I'm sure the videos are fantastic.  I'm very much looking forward to watching them (and catching up on the practice series).

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I really should start with the first video, but I skipped straight to the clubhead speed one, lol.

I started on the GamePlan one.

I finished the distance/speed video, good stuff. That's the 5th or 6th accumulator with regards to the wrist move right?

Love the LSW decal on the laptop cover.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I finished the distance/speed video, good stuff. That's the 5th or 6th accumulator with regards to the wrist move right?

🙂

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Love the LSW decal on the laptop cover.

I was hoping maybe it meant they had bought out a major computer conglomerate. 🍏

6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I was hoping maybe it meant they had bought out a major computer conglomerate. 🍏

We tried to, but we were $140.12 short.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, iacas said:

🙂

I have a question about this. It was #6 on the list for increasing speed with the driver. How does this differ from casting? I find that when my right hand is too active, I hit shots fat or cast and lose in-line impact. I’ve been working to control not doing this as much in my lessons.

40 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have a question about this. It was #6 on the list for increasing speed with the driver. How does this differ from casting? I find that when my right hand is too active, I hit shots fat or cast and lose in-line impact. I’ve been working to control not doing this as much in my lessons.

The simple answer… if you already throw out the angle between the shaft and the arms too quickly, then this isn't really something you can implement. If you tend to deliver the clubhead with too much shaft lean (especially with a driver), it's another area you can exploit for speed.

P.S. Casting I feel is much earlier in the downswing, but yeah, if you cast, you'd run out of this wrist motion for use near impact.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The simple answer… if you already throw out the angle between the shaft and the arms too quickly, then this isn't really something you can implement. If you tend to deliver the clubhead with too much shaft lean (especially with a driver), it's another area you can exploit for speed.

P.S. Casting I feel is much earlier in the downswing, but yeah, if you cast, you'd run out of this wrist motion for use near impact.

Thanks.

Finally had time to purchase and download these. I cannot wait to watch them over the weekend. I have been trying to get my son to read the book for a long time. Now maybe he will sit down and watch the videos. Thanks!