IGNORED

General CBD Products Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 1252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I just got a 2 oz. bottle of the 1500mg hemp extract (CBD but water soluble, not oil) from Urbal Activ. Today was my first day with three drops under the tongue in the morning and before bedtime.

Anyone else doing a CBD regimen or anything? What do you think?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I keep thinking about trying it - the ads from the NLU guys. Would be interested in hearing how effective it is. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My wife was rear ended last November. She has been going to a chiro which was helping, but CBD gives her relief especially now that the chiro is closed. It is also giving her some relief from hot flashes brought on by her radical hysterectomy last April. As for me, I have to use THC free since my company actively has drug screening mandated by the Dept. of Transportation. My left thumb was locking up and causing me a lot of pain. I put some on the area and rubbed it in, and it felt much better. This was in a stick form that goes on like deodorant.

I'm a believer.

- Shane

My chiropractor suggested that I try it for chronic lower back pain.

I’ve been using it daily for over a month now.  Unfortunately, I haven’t noticed any benefit.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

CBD is young in research so nothing is definitive on its benefits. I have not tried the tincture drops yet, but I have a feeling I wouldn’t notice anything if I try. I wonder if there’s some amount of placebo effect surrounding it. If it works for people great, but count me as skeptical (for pain and anxiety relief) until more comes out. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I keep thinking about trying it - the ads from the NLU guys. Would be interested in hearing how effective it is. 

I’ll let you know in a week or so. I’m not expecting much.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've been meaning to look into it. I would probably use it more to chill out before bedtime. I am not a fan of Melatonin. I took it once and it felt like I was in a fog for 12 hours after I woke up. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I tried some CBD oil under the tongue to help with sleep.  I upped the dosage to 1/2 dropper and still didn't notice much of a difference.  I can neither confirm nor deny it's effectiveness.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I tried CBD gum during a few rounds for relaxation/anti-anxiety (competitive rounds, which are very rare for me). Didn’t really notice all that much difference in nervy moments like a 5 foot putt for double bogey, and I played terrible in spite of the gum, but I like chewing nicotine gum when I golf so the chewing was at least cathartic.

I’ve also tried CBD oil drops in varying strengths for stress reduction/sleep improvement and maybe there was some effect, maybe not, but not enough to warrant continued use due to high cost.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

9 hours ago, David in FL said:

My chiropractor suggested that I try it for chronic lower back pain.

I’ve been using it daily for over a month now.  Unfortunately, I haven’t noticed any benefit.

Me, too. Tried it, but couldn't tell any difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:54 AM, Darkfrog said:

I tried CBD gum during a few rounds for relaxation/anti-anxiety (competitive rounds, which are very rare for me). Didn’t really notice all that much difference in nervy moments like a 5 foot putt for double bogey, and I played terrible in spite of the gum, but I like chewing nicotine gum when I golf so the chewing was at least cathartic.

I’ve also tried CBD oil drops in varying strengths for stress reduction/sleep improvement and maybe there was some effect, maybe not, but not enough to warrant continued use due to high cost.

That's the main thing I've noticed about the stuff. It's expensive! I thought about buying some of the cream to use on my knees and shoulders before and after golf. Hopefully if competition increases prices will come down. Plus some brands will become well established as effective. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I’ve tried it as I have a hard time getting to sleep at times and felt helpful. Nowhere near as the real stuff that I would occasional enjoy in my college days, but helpful. 

I don’t believe it’s a placebo thing. I think it’s like any other meds we prescribe, some people do great on some, others don’t. Some people love Advil, others Aleve, etc. 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 1 month later...

I’ve used it before without the thc and it has worked. I’ve used it on my knees and my back. There are a lot of brands out there and I question a lot of them and believe there is a ton of inferior products out there. You really have to research and find the right strength for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got type II and have recently started have a hard time getting glucose below 200. Looking online for ways to lower it CBD came up. The ads call it a miracle cure, the research says hold on. I think for 60 bucks I'll give it a shot.  

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

I've got type II and have recently started have a hard time getting glucose below 200. Looking online for ways to lower it CBD came up. The ads call it a miracle cure, the research says hold on. I think for 60 bucks I'll give it a shot.  

Are you getting something reputable for $60?

There are several things people don't know when they buy CBD oil. Full spectrum hemp oil is probably the best you can buy because it also has other CB oils that support each other, whereas most CBD oil sold is not full spectrum. People just see CBD on the label and think it is all the same. People don't realize that there are CBC, CBG, and CBN oils as well in full spectrum CBD products. These other oils support CBD oil and make it more effective in it's work.

Edited by Billy Z

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Are you getting something reputable for $60?

We have a small store in town. I know the owner so hopefully she will not steer me wrong. I'm not sure about THC content. I don't have to worry about passing a drug test, but not sure if i want to go with it or w/o. So more reading...

• 2 weeks later...

In unrelated news, I have played with/against the owner of the local medical marijuana dispensary the last 3 weeks of league play.

He really sucks at golf, but I have played well when in the same group.

But he is a doctor with a military pension and a pot business, so he really wins.

War Eagle!

Note: This thread is 1252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!