IGNORED

Trouble Getting Tee Times

FlyingAce
Note: This thread is 1428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't believe courses support the 15 minute tee time interval, unless they are forced to do it.  Their tendency is to cram more people in rather than fewer... it's about filling the course and maximizing revenue.  Not that I'm complaining...

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I can't believe courses support the 15 minute tee time interval, unless they are forced to do it.  Their tendency is to cram more people in rather than fewer... it's about filling the course and maximizing revenue.  Not that I'm complaining...

Window dressing, my friend.  "We are doing our part.  Here is how."
I think it is a cold calculation.  Which would cost more money in the long run? - losing revenue from fewer golfers or facing the wrath of an angry public?

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

A bit off topic but I believe the extended tee times both separate groups but also limit the number of carts on the course.  15 minute splits  puts a maximum of 16 carts on the course per hour and a total of 64 maximum in 4 hours.  Many of our local courses only have about 60 carts so to keep carts available to the groups later in the day, they limit how many go out.

As to all the games that are being played at @FlyingAce's private club, I might seek out similarly affected members and go as a group to the head pro. Present a series of reasonable changes you would like to see instituted.  Give the pro a chance to make things right.  If he ignores your reasonable requests, it might be time to find a new club.

That is solved by some of the local course here by allowing only 2 carts per tee time.  Basically, first come first serve for the carts for a tee time.  

It doesn't bother me as I prefer walking anyway, but I've seen some people who were not happy that they did not get a cart for their tee time.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

17 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Some of the places I play require pre-payment. That would solve the issue.

Not if you are a paying member

16 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Setting tee times has unfortunately become necessary around here and nobody takes tee times for a single.

Frustratingly, I actually worked Memorial Day so that I could play with a friend of mine yesterday. Dude sends me a message at 1 a.m. Tuesday that he won't be able to make it.

I really miss the days of being able to just show up at my old home courses any old time and know I was going to get on one of them.

Had a good one today: Checked Dales and Hills tee times at 2 pm (cant make less than 2 hours out online) and it was all clear on Dales. Went to the course at 350 expecting to get on easy on Dales. Pro shop guy tells me they are all booked until after 6! Luckily there was a guy in the shop that said he had a 4:10 for 3 and I was welcome to join. I played 9 with them (all they booked), made the turn, and caught a 3some on 9 of Hills. I played 20 holes (10 on each course) and had a blast meeting 6 new friends.

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

12 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

A bit off topic but I believe the extended tee times both separate groups but also limit the number of carts on the course.  15 minute splits  puts a maximum of 16 carts on the course per hour and a total of 64 maximum in 4 hours.  Many of our local courses only have about 60 carts so to keep carts available to the groups later in the day, they limit how many go out.

As to all the games that are being played at @FlyingAce's private club, I might seek out similarly affected members and go as a group to the head pro. Present a series of reasonable changes you would like to see instituted.  Give the pro a chance to make things right.  If he ignores your reasonable requests, it might be time to find a new club.

I am not the only one who has been watching the tee sheet and notice who keeps getting tee times. There is definitely favoritism at my club for a bunch of members. I asked the headpro and he said tee times are scheduled by a lottery system so everyone has a fair chance of getting/missing tee times. And if they always get a tee time, then they are just lucky. Yeah right...

This has been a problem for many years and it is likely not going to change because the headpro is not going anywhere. It wasn’t as obvious when we had regular 7-min tee times but very obvious now with limited availability. 

I just turned in my 30-day notice to end my membership and have joined another club that only has 40 members with wide open courses! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I just turned in my 30-day notice to end my membership and have joined another club that only has 40 members with wide open courses! 

Good for you. I was going to say from everything you’ve described about your course, it’s poorly run.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I’m out of town watching the grandson while my daughter/son in law work from home. I get out to the range/9 hole par 3 when I can. As a single player right now I haven’t even attempted to get a tee time at a regulation course. If I was back home I’m sure I could pull it off

30 minutes ago, billchao said:

Good for you. I was going to say from everything you’ve described about your course, it’s poorly run.

Golf is supposed to be fun and relaxing, but it has been very stressful for me to secure tee times. So my husband decided to join another club so I don’t stress him out too by complaining every day! 

29 minutes ago, chilepepper said:

I’m out of town watching the grandson while my daughter/son in law work from home. I get out to the range/9 hole par 3 when I can. As a single player right now I haven’t even attempted to get a tee time at a regulation course. If I was back home I’m sure I could pull it off

Do you prefer to play alone or do you mean a regulation course wouldn’t even fit you in with a 3some to play? 

3 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Golf is supposed to be fun and relaxing, but it has been very stressful for me to secure tee times. So my husband decided to join another club so I don’t stress him out too by complaining every day! 

I don't think I would be a member at a club that requires "luck" to get on the course.

• Like 1

- Shane

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

I am not the only one who has been watching the tee sheet and notice who keeps getting tee times. There is definitely favoritism at my club for a bunch of members. I asked the headpro and he said tee times are scheduled by a lottery system so everyone has a fair chance of getting/missing tee times. And if they always get a tee time, then they are just lucky. Yeah right...

This has been a problem for many years and it is likely not going to change because the headpro is not going anywhere. It wasn’t as obvious when we had regular 7-min tee times but very obvious now with limited availability. 

It sounds like a secret handshake men's club. Er, secret elbow bump men's club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

Do you prefer to play alone or do you mean a regulation course wouldn’t even fit you in with a 3some to play? 

At this point the two courses I’d play are pretty wishy washy about working a single in. I’m good with it now. The course has one par four and I can hit driver on the range. $10 bucks a round. 

Edited by chilepepper
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Have you spoken with the club about the issue? I assume every other member is dealing with this too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Golf is supposed to be fun and relaxing

What? I didn’t get the memo.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 5/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, FlyingAce said:

@NM Golf are you still around? How is it at Arroyo?

Arroyo is really busy we fill up with tee times very quickly. We are taking tee times 7 days in advance, if you don't call within the first few hours the morning times are gone.

We are going every 12 minutes. We were doing 15 minutes but switched a few weeks ago. Need a time? I can get you one if you tell me early enough.

Edited by NM Golf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

3 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Arroyo is really busy we fill up with tee times very quick. We are taking tee times 7 days in advance, if you don't call within the first few hours the morning times are gone.

You have to call?  Or can you do it online?

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You have to call?  Or can you do it online?

You have to call or be there in person.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

36 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Arroyo is really busy we fill up with tee times very quickly. We are taking tee times 7 days in advance, if you don't call within the first few hours the morning times are gone.

We are going every 12 minutes. We were doing 15 minutes but switched a few weeks ago. Need a time? I can get you one if you tell me early enough.

Is there a mandate for X minutes? I heard the governor called our GM about members congregating and next thing we know it is 15 minutes...

Thanks for your offer! We are going to Paako for the rest of the season. We played there last weekend and had the whole course to ourselves until hole 16. Nice to be quiet and peaceful!

23 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Nope. That's not OT at all. In fact, it's right on topic! Reminded me that a local course who is on my e-mail list sent me an e-mail saying that they were reworking their tee sheet due to a limited number of carts. They have 70 which, according to their math, allowed them to put 140 golfers on the course at one time! Simple math will tell you that is not possible. But, one rider per cart does put limits on them! 

BTW, played another of my favorite courses in the area on Tuesday. They had the plexiglass dividers installed in the carts which, supposedly, makes it OK for 2 to ride together. I didn't have to since we were a threesome. However, that damned plexiglass panel flapping around in the breeze, and flexing this way and that on curves and turns, and repeatedly tattooing the hell out of my right elbow, did NOT add to my enjoyment of the round! 

Note: This thread is 1428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!