IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

Wasn’t he the one who slugged it out toe-to-toe with JT at the Memorial??

Yes he was!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That was a great win by Morikawa. He’s had a good season already, now it’s fantastic!

Super set up of the course with so many different styles of golfers in with a chance until the end. 

Stevie T

This is definitely one of the most exciting majors I’ve ever watched. Congratulations Collin Morikawa!!

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He blew the lid right off the Wanamaker trophy!

I just knew someone would mention this! The drive on 16 isn’t the only thing we’ll remember! 😂

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

You have to go 11 guys down the leaderboard to find someone who didn’t shoot under par. That’s what makes a Major exciting. When you get everyone’s best game (like in the movie The Color of Money - “I want your best game!”) and they’re duking it out. Runaways, except for Tiger, are boring. 

And Wolff was sooo close. Two lip outs? 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Poor Brooks.

• Like 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What is the general consensus on Harding hosting this major? Will it be back again for another Major?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Why?  Did you pee your pants?  I know it's exciting...

It was exciting!  No, I played golf today so I was still in my golf clothes, I wanted to put on my gym clothes so I could do weights while watching (weights finally came in the mail a week ago).  

I did successfully change and then fell asleep on the couch.  I made the post you referenced, then slept for about 30 minutes and woke up to see Morikawa's drive on 16.   So I was a little confused about what was happening scoreboard wise.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Great win for Morikawa.

He won Workday and should have won the Charles Schwab but missed a 4 foot birdie putt on the 18th in regulation.

John

Morikawa is going to get a lot of endorsement deals too. He seems to have a great personality, really nice smile and is a steady player on the course. Let’s see how he handles expectations now.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

"I mean, sort of hard to knock a guy who's got 21 wins on the PGA Tour, which is three times what Brooks has.''

Rory on hearing Brooks’ ignorant comment on DJ only having one major while disrespecting the others at the top.

Absolutely enjoyed watching Bam Bam flop.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

You have to go 11 guys down the leaderboard to find someone who didn’t shoot under par. That’s what makes a Major exciting. When you get everyone’s best game (like in the movie The Color of Money - “I want your best game!”) and they’re duking it out. Runaways, except for Tiger, are boring. 

And Wolff was sooo close. Two lip outs? 

Don't get that. Anyone winning by miles makes for boring viewing. Why does Tiger automatically make it better? Hint: it doesn't.

1 minute ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Don't get that. Anyone winning by miles makes for boring viewing. Why does Tiger automatically make it better? Hint: it doesn't.

It does for me. Watching the GOAT become the GOAT is history in the making. Watching Mike Campbell win by 3 isn’t. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, ChrisP said:

What are the odds BDC is pisses and at the gym right now pumping iron trying to get bigger and so he can hit it longer at the USO next month thinking it will lead to a win.

I dunno.

What are the odds you’ll realize the dude has been playing incredibly good golf so far this year, has won a tournament, and just finished T4 during the PGA? 

And then maybe make the mental leap and realize that the added length probably has a good deal to do with that.

Morikawa, Wolff, Champ, forgetting who else, Hovland, and more. New crop of youth going to freshen things up. 

• Informative 1

Steve

Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!