DeadMan

Dumb Injuries

53 posts / 2390 viewsLast Reply

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ride over logs.  They tend not to pierce.  

I bunny hop those bitches!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Even in the Redwood Forest?

Nah. I would shoulder the bike and leap over them cyclocross style.

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Nah. I would shoulder the bike and leap over them cyclocross style.

🚲  😄

... and don't hurt your shoulder...

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

V you got an x-ray image of that?? You should post it!

Uhh, I will text you. Not sure how folks would feel about it. 

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Uhh, I will text you. Not sure how folks would feel about it. 

I vote for the pic. 

3 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Broke my ankle messing around with a soccer ball and the grandson's in Texas.  The "snap" was audible and as I was going to the ground, I thought "Oh no ... it is March and golf season in the Mitten is starting.

When was this?

I threw my back out picking up a baby food jar off the floor when my triplets were babies.

Laid up for a week and a half.

Last February, at a student/faculty soccer game, I dislocated my knee and sprained my ankle somethin' fierce.

Both kept me from playing golf for a couple of months.

6 minutes ago, bwdial said:

I threw my back out picking up a baby food jar off the floor when my triplets were babies.

Laid up for a week and a half.

Last February, at a student/faculty soccer game, I dislocated my knee and sprained my ankle somethin' fierce.

Both kept me from playing golf for a couple of months.

knee.PNG

Edited by bwdial

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

When was this?

March 10, 2009.  A non-displaced fracture of the tibia.  It occurred the evening prior to our departure back to the Mitten.  I slept with my shoe on.  The next morning it was a slow walk through the airport, carrying my golf bag and suitcase.  Saw a doctor upon my return and she put me in a walking air cast.  As soon as the snow cleared, I started practicing chipping and putting wearing the cast.  I played my first round on April 4 (with the air cast in the golf cart, just in case).

May 2006, on our final morning in Ireland before flying home.  Staying in a wee town called Doolin, I wanted to get out for some photos.  Its a charming little place, but cars and trucks park on the main street, and I wanted to get some shots before they started obscuring the view.  In my haste to walk from our hotel to get the photos, I missed a step and fell.  Ended up with a slightly twisted ankle and a relly painful wrist.  But I got some photos and went back to the room.

147728911_760f76df75_c.jpg.1ff16ca690f516321c63623bf613b935.jpg

By the time I got back I was hurting, so Mary Anne drive into the nearest town with a chemist, and came back with an ace bandage, chemical ice packs, and ibuprofin with codeine.  That got us to the airport and home, where I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with a broken wrist.  It was two weeks before I could get surgery (another long story), and 12 more weeks of prime summer golf season lost before I could swing a club.

1402231_daves_wrist0001small.JPG.75b65e6db2b4d476a8c27112f9559a9c.JPG

Moral of the story, watch where you're walking.

Two years ago I accidentally broke a beer bottle in my hand and it cut about a 3/4" gash in the base of my right thumb. Did some permanent nerve damage and I've lost some range of movement in extension, but fortunately did not do enough damage to require surgery. I was out of work for four weeks and out of golf for six.

Lets see, where to start:

Number of years back, take a mighty swing, and froze. Pinched a nerve in the neck. I couldn't move for I can't remember how long.

Prepping ribs for the bbq. Holding them in my hand and slicing through the membrane on the back of the ribs, faster, and faster, and wait, where's all this blood coming from. Sliced from the tip of my thumb down to the heel of the hand. That stopped golf for a while.

Lastly, I won't go into specifics on how it happened, lets just say I fell. Showed up the next morning for golf. Looked like I had gone 10 rounds with a pro boxer. 2 black eyes, butterfly bandages all over my forehead and chin. But I played.

3 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Lastly, I won't go into specifics on how it happened, lets just say I fell. Showed up the next morning for golf. Looked like I had gone 10 rounds with a pro boxer. 2 black eyes, butterfly bandages all over my forehead and chin. But I played.

No way in hell are you getting off that easy. We need the details. This sound like it’s going to be good. Possibly post of the pandemic????

1 hour ago, Rkrider99 said:

Tripped over your dog?

Denver Broncos quarterback Brian Griese returned to practice Friday after being injured by his dog two days earlier.

2 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

No way in hell are you getting off that easy. We need the details. This sound like it’s going to be good. Possibly post of the pandemic????

Let's just say alcohol was involved.