IGNORED

Dumb Injuries

DeadMan
Note: This thread is 1273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ride over logs.  They tend not to pierce.  

I bunny hop those bitches!

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Even in the Redwood Forest?

Nah. I would shoulder the bike and leap over them cyclocross style.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

V you got an x-ray image of that?? You should post it!

Uhh, I will text you. Not sure how folks would feel about it. 

• Like 1

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Broke my ankle messing around with a soccer ball and the grandson's in Texas.  The "snap" was audible and as I was going to the ground, I thought "Oh no ... it is March and golf season in the Mitten is starting.

When was this?

Vishal S.

I threw my back out picking up a baby food jar off the floor when my triplets were babies.

Laid up for a week and a half.

Last February, at a student/faculty soccer game, I dislocated my knee and sprained my ankle somethin' fierce.

Both kept me from playing golf for a couple of months.

6 minutes ago, bwdial said:

I threw my back out picking up a baby food jar off the floor when my triplets were babies.

Laid up for a week and a half.

Last February, at a student/faculty soccer game, I dislocated my knee and sprained my ankle somethin' fierce.

Both kept me from playing golf for a couple of months.

knee.PNG

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

When was this?

March 10, 2009.  A non-displaced fracture of the tibia.  It occurred the evening prior to our departure back to the Mitten.  I slept with my shoe on.  The next morning it was a slow walk through the airport, carrying my golf bag and suitcase.  Saw a doctor upon my return and she put me in a walking air cast.  As soon as the snow cleared, I started practicing chipping and putting wearing the cast.  I played my first round on April 4 (with the air cast in the golf cart, just in case).

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

May 2006, on our final morning in Ireland before flying home.  Staying in a wee town called Doolin, I wanted to get out for some photos.  Its a charming little place, but cars and trucks park on the main street, and I wanted to get some shots before they started obscuring the view.  In my haste to walk from our hotel to get the photos, I missed a step and fell.  Ended up with a slightly twisted ankle and a relly painful wrist.  But I got some photos and went back to the room.

147728911_760f76df75_c.jpg.1ff16ca690f516321c63623bf613b935.jpg

By the time I got back I was hurting, so Mary Anne drive into the nearest town with a chemist, and came back with an ace bandage, chemical ice packs, and ibuprofin with codeine.  That got us to the airport and home, where I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with a broken wrist.  It was two weeks before I could get surgery (another long story), and 12 more weeks of prime summer golf season lost before I could swing a club.

1402231_daves_wrist0001small.JPG.75b65e6db2b4d476a8c27112f9559a9c.JPG

Moral of the story, watch where you're walking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Two years ago I accidentally broke a beer bottle in my hand and it cut about a 3/4" gash in the base of my right thumb. Did some permanent nerve damage and I've lost some range of movement in extension, but fortunately did not do enough damage to require surgery. I was out of work for four weeks and out of golf for six.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Tendonitis right forearm

Turned left ankle.

Bone spurs left shoulder

Pulled piraformis muscle

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Lets see, where to start:

Number of years back, take a mighty swing, and froze. Pinched a nerve in the neck. I couldn't move for I can't remember how long.

Prepping ribs for the bbq. Holding them in my hand and slicing through the membrane on the back of the ribs, faster, and faster, and wait, where's all this blood coming from. Sliced from the tip of my thumb down to the heel of the hand. That stopped golf for a while.

Lastly, I won't go into specifics on how it happened, lets just say I fell. Showed up the next morning for golf. Looked like I had gone 10 rounds with a pro boxer. 2 black eyes, butterfly bandages all over my forehead and chin. But I played.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

3 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Lastly, I won't go into specifics on how it happened, lets just say I fell. Showed up the next morning for golf. Looked like I had gone 10 rounds with a pro boxer. 2 black eyes, butterfly bandages all over my forehead and chin. But I played.

No way in hell are you getting off that easy. We need the details. This sound like it’s going to be good. Possibly post of the pandemic????

1 hour ago, Rkrider99 said:

Tripped over your dog?

Denver Broncos quarterback Brian Griese returned to practice Friday after being injured by his dog two days earlier.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

No way in hell are you getting off that easy. We need the details. This sound like it’s going to be good. Possibly post of the pandemic????

Let's just say alcohol was involved.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Note: This thread is 1273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!