IGNORED

2021 Masters

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Rose is 6 under for his last 6 holes. Spieth hacking, hacking it on 9

He’s on for level 5’s on the back nine!

He has never really excelled in Majors, I don't think he has won any.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Rose won the US Open in 2013

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Rose won the US Open in 2013

oops, I meant to quote a post about Kuchar, not Rose. thx

2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Kuchar is a real strong player, but not a prolific winner, and you are correct he has not won a major yet

Stevie T

2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I only recall Kuchar being in the mix in The Masters a bunch of times, but I can't recall any time in a major where he really asserted himself as a favorite, or had an excellent chance to win on Sunday. I could be wrong though, I haven't really followed Kuchar's career arc.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I think it was Kyle Porter who tweeted that the last 15 of 16 winners were within the top 10 in the first round.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I only recall Kuchar being in the mix in The Masters a bunch of times, but I can't recall any time in a major where he really asserted himself as a favorite, or had an excellent chance to win on Sunday. I could be wrong though, I haven't really followed Kuchar's career arc.

He finished second to Spieth at Birkdale, that’s his best IIRC

Stevie T

For the guys who have seen more Masters than me (first one I remember is the Norman disaster for context):

I hear the old guard staying “this is how fast the greens used to play” “the greens were historically more firm”... stuff like that

Did the greens really used to be this firm and fast (or at least much more firm than recent years- excluding November of course)...you know what I’m asking. 

I love it by the way, firm fast and little rough. Very cool

25 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

For the guys who have seen more Masters than me (first one I remember is the Norman disaster for context):

I hear the old guard staying “this is how fast the greens used to play” “the greens were historically more firm”... stuff like that

Did the greens really used to be this firm and fast (or at least much more firm than recent years- excluding November of course)...you know what I’m asking. 

They are always firm and very fast,(weather permitting) but I’ve never seen them this brown..

Edited by Beastie

Stevie T

Didn't the announcers mention that Justin Rose lead after the first round of the Masters four other times?

Edited by Billy Z
typo

55 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

That are always fast. Firmness depends on the weather. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

Kuch is just a good trash talker but friendly. He’s way too ‘ aw golly shucks’ to win a major. He doesn’t have that killer competitor edge when a big moment is there. He’s good a plucking off Sony open type tournaments. He’s not major material.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

You'd be wrong on both counts. (Justin Rose)

People pretty much think his performance at The Open 1998 was "excellent". And that was his first major. Amateur. 17 years old. T4.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 8.43.59 am.png

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

44 minutes ago, Shorty said:

You'd be wrong on both counts. (Justin Rose)

People pretty much think his performance at The Open 1998 was "excellent". And that was his first major. Amateur. 17 years old. T4.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 8.43.59 am.png

He said that he meant Kuch

• Thumbs Up 1

I notice that my pick of DeChambeau at -11 to win is looking a bit squeaky (he's +4 today) but I wanted to let you all know that he's an almost virtually nearly completely a shoe in to win so, since I'm clearly a rather nice guy with only your best interest at heart, I'm offering to sell my pretty much mostly guaranteed winning pick (and the resulting awesome TST towel and forum accolades that will surely accrue) for an astoundingly low price that includes the option for monthly payments. Checks not accepted and please read the fine print.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

What the heck pants was Adam Scott wearing today? They were disgusting.

Okay, fashion and color coordination are not anywhere in my skillset.  But what's wrong with them?

IMG_0884.thumb.jpg.25376b4792c8b1ed723d1730c1977b5e.jpg

Or is it one of those "if you have to ask, you just won't get it" things? :-$

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 1107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!