IGNORED

2022 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Big C said:

Eh. Points 2 and 3 are valid considerations, but his past performance at the Masters means little to me considering his age and the severity of his injury. 

If you want to do an even money bet, I'm game. I'll gladly come back here and eat crow if I'm wrong. 

How much?

And point 1 is valid, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weird story

Jon Rahm: Only Justin Thomas gets the good Tiger Woods advice

Rahm's whine

Sounds like one of salesmen from Glengarry Glenross whining about not getting the good leads.

Not a good look for him, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Not a good look for him, IMO.

Did you watch the interview he actually gave about it?

He was kinda joking about it.

Came off totally fine.

The writers were all laughing.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Super pumped for tomorrow.  Not a huge Tiger fan (don’t dislike him either), but really excited to see him back and how he’ll do.  I’m definitely rooting for him to be in the mix.  Will be rooting for Cameron Smith and Scottie Scheffler as well.

Hovland or C Smith at -15

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

1 hour ago, Troy Ocker said:

Hovland or C Smith at -15

Quite the betting foul there no?🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Big C said:

$50? Keep it friendly.

Deal

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Quite the betting foul there no?🙂

Not putting money on it. 

The score is probably too ambitious. Heart says Hovland and head says Smith. 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

With rain preluding the first round, there may be some changes from morning to afternoon tee times.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Brian Harman looks like he's about 4'11"

He is.  😁

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Nobody running away yet. Tiger looks fine physically after opening with four pars. With the hole up there on 2, it’s a decent score. He looks a little impeded, not crouching as low as before, but nothing troubling.

Harry Higgs is leading.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

@Big C, I'll offer you a $36 buyout right now. 😉

• Funny 2

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Big C, I'll offer you a $36 buyout right now. 😉

Should've taken it. 😄

I'll admit - Despite a few hiccups, Tiger does look better than I thought he would so far. My best chance to win the bet is probably going to be if the back doesn't hold up. Something like a middling finish today, followed by a WD Friday afternoon. If he plays 36 holes, a missed cut looks like more of a long shot than I anticipated. 

Regardless, I'm not buying out. If my prediction is wrong, I'll own it and pay up. Shoot, if I'm wrong, I hope Tiger wins the whole thing!

• Like 1

Tiger looks better than I expected, for sure. A few loose shots (8, chip on 14), but his golf game seems solid. He looks a little ... weird walking. Don't know exactly how to describe it. Nothing unexpected.

A lot of golf left today, but Cam Smith is looking really good. Not many low numbers out there besides his.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!