IGNORED

2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club, Brookline, MA

Friz

14 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Just got in from work, what’s the craic? 
Is it just on Sky (uk) that there are goalpost graphics or does everyone have to suffer that abomination?

Goal post is on our broadcast too.  I like it though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Shindig said:

The coverage just cut to C. Kim's tee shot on the par-3 16th.  I didn't know his name offhand and he wasn't holding a good score, so I immediately called out "watch this, it will be a good shot."

It was not.   That's usually a good bet in those circumstances though. 

They like to show everyone hitting at least one shot (like at the PGA). So, for some people, they have to check them off on the first or second day.

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The ad with the kids mimicking Woods and Payne Stewart and I forget who else doing winning celebration is very cute.

Oh man, it pains me! Michelle Wie!

4 hours ago, Shindig said:

They just said no left hander has won the U.S. Open, but the other majors have seen such a winner.

Bubba won the Masters, Bob Charles won the British Open, ... which left handed person won the PGA Championship?  I do not believe one has done so.

In case anyone thinks I'm edgily ignoring Phil Mickelson, I will remind you he is right handed.

Phil has won the PGA. They're clearly talking about how they play golf, not whether they're signing their checks lefty or righty. But I suspect you're joking… ;)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

Rory hits a tee shot into the middle of the fairway.  Good, but then the announcer says it's "right down Broadway."  I can only imagine how the locals feel about the comparison. 

Broadway is an avenue in Somerville, Mass. Lots of cool stores and delis and restaurants and clubs. There used to be a club on Broadway my band played back in the 90s. Somerville is a hopping town now.😜

My wife and I spent most of the day at The County Club. We got there at 8:30 and left at 4. It was our first tournament and we had a lot of fun. The course is hillier than it looks on TV. There are lots of blind shots and nasty long grass areas. It got pretty windy around 2PM. We saw two players sky the green on 18.

I’ll post some more photos later, but here are three tee shots from the 12th tee. We could get really close to this tee, whereas most of the other tees were quite a distance from the ropes. This fairway looks tiny from this tee.

Neimann

Zalatoris

Young

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

They like to show everyone hitting at least one shot (like at the PGA). So, for some people, they have to check them off on the first or second day.

Phil has won the PGA. They're clearly talking about how they play golf, not whether they're signing their checks lefty or righty. But I suspect you're joking… ;)

The first I didn't know, that makes sense.  The second one I knew and was just being pedantic, but thank you just the same. 

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Broadway is an avenue in Somerville, Mass. Lots of cool stores and delis and restaurants and clubs. There used to be a club on Broadway my band played back in the 90s. Somerville is a hopping town now.😜

Ah, I'm a lot less upset about the comparison than I was before.  :-) 

Videos look cool, thanks for sharing them. 

Meanwhile, someone in the tech van is asleep at the switch and still has Rose highlighted on the leaderboard.  That tab on Rose.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Wish the broadcast would drop the fascination with some old guy shooting 7 over and miles out of contention....don't need to see every one of his shots

-Eric

Koepka looks absolutely miserable 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

1 minute ago, jbishop15 said:

Koepka looks absolutely miserable 

He looked grumpy when he walked past us on 8.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, Friz said:

Wish the broadcast would drop the fascination with some old guy shooting 7 over and miles out of contention....don't need to see every one of his shots

He bet the producers the audience wouldn't get tired of watching him make bogeys.

Meanwhile, Jim Furyk's tee shot on #15 was the second-best shot I saw all day that went right, hit something, and kicked into the fairway. 

Tommy Fleetwood got a haircut!  Just a trim, but his hair isn't down to his shoulders anymore.

-- Michael | My swing! 

A lot of cities have a street named Broadway, lol. Even in not US, like Toronto.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He looked grumpy when he walked past us on 8.

He just hit the ugliest smother hook into the rough off the tee with an iron. Good lord 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

24 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

A lot of cities have a street named Broadway, lol. Even in not US, like Toronto.

Yeah, but I was thinking it was a reference to a particular one, not in a city known for its sports cameraderie with the host of this event.

-- Michael | My swing! 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Oostie & Phil are a combined +14. Good job repping your LIV tour. 

I was thinking the same thing

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I watched a couple hours of coverage and although there was a shot or two (one long par 3, and that long carry on an already long par 4) that I thought, "eh, I dunno," but generally seems like a really good US Open setup to me. 

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Ha, there's a broadway less than a mile from me.

"Witty golf quote."

Watching some of Rory's highlights. He seems to have a bit of edge to him this week. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: