IGNORED

2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club, Brookline, MA

Friz

35 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

What happens if DJ gets hot and just declines media coverage all week. Pretty troll but a real possibility I guess. 

Doing the press conference post win while wearing a LIV GOLF shirt….that would be trolling…😀

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Doing the press conference post win while wearing a LIV GOLF shirt….that would be trolling…😀

I am surprised Norman & Saudi did not require all those guys to wear the LIV Golf logo all the time. 

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

They just said no left hander has won the U.S. Open, but the other majors have seen such a winner.

if they are going to play the Phil is not left-handed game, Ben Hogan has won the US Open and he was a natural left-hander.

Come to think of it, Hogan is also a left-hander who won the PGA.

Edited by turtleback
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

7 hours ago, turtleback said:

if they are going to play the Phil is not left-handed game, Ben Hogan has won the US Open and he was a natural left-hander.

How did I not know Hogan was a natural left-hander?  I thought for the longest time that Bob Charles was the only left-handed person to win a major until Bubba.  Good to know new-to-me information!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Oostie & Phil are a combined +14. Good job repping your LIV tour. 

Not very nice but I really enjoyed watching Phil 4 putt.

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

At least he didn't putt the ball while it was rolling...

I found myself hoping that he would...

Poor Hovland…what a collapse.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Schadenfraude makes this even even more exciting when you got more players to root against.

A birdie for Rory. Yay.

A bogey for Phil. Yay!

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Poor Hovland…what a collapse.

Talk about a bogey train...

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

16 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Oostie & Phil are a combined +14. Good job repping your LIV tour. 

Guess they forgot they needed to play well to make money this week.

11 hours ago, turtleback said:

They were talking about playing left-handed, not being left-handed. That was @Shindig being goofy. There were probably other major winners who were naturally left-handed but played right-handed, or even born naturally left-handed but forced to be right-handed.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Did he actually do this during a round, that's not practice?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I heard during PGA Championship that he has been chipping with that grip for a couple years now or something. It looks so awkward.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Morikawa with a share of the lead!  Rahm with a great up and down.

I hope next week I don't find myself regretting rooting for these two, I do like them. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Guess they forgot they needed to play well to make money this week.

They were talking about playing left-handed, not being left-handed. That was @Shindig being goofy. There were probably other major winners who were naturally left-handed but played right-handed, or even born naturally left-handed but forced to be right-handed.

Yes, I'm not stupid, I know.  Not the point.

Yeah, but someone tried to play the 'Phil is not a left-hander who won a PGA' card because he is a natural right-hander, and I was turning it around on that game.

Edited by turtleback
  • Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Did I just hear that one of the amateurs has Dudley Hart as his caddie? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Yeah, but someone tried to play the 'Phil is not a left-hander who won a PGA' card because he is a natural right-hander, and I was turning it around on that game.

He wasn't being serious.

You responded seriously. Plus, I already addressed it for those who might think he was being serious.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets