IGNORED

2023 TST Outing (OH/PA/MI/NY/WV) - Join Us May 20 @ Little Mountain!

StuM

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Did you look at the golfclevelandohio.com site?

P.S. I heard Fowler's was in ROUGH shape in 2022. Maybe that has changed, but heads up.

Yes, Fowler’s mill is #3 and Little mountain is #12.  Of course Boulder creek is listed as #2.  I also looked on GolfPass.

I also got course recommendations from a contact I have at Firestone and  @saevel25.  Both recommended little Mountain and my contact at Firestone suggested Fowler’s Mill.

I agree on a backup course.

Also I am not married to any specific course and will defer to first hand knowledge.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

A guy in Ohio said about Fowler's Mill that… "I didn’t play it. But, saw some pics of the greens and they looked awful."

FWIW.

It's a Pete Dye. I've played each of the nine holes (they had 27. Maybe still do?) once about 15 years ago.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the invite, but those dates put us in the heart of the Walleye run, smallmouth prespawn feed fest, and the Muskie bite.......... I am not leaving home, I am minutes from my fishing grounds on St Clair and some great golf on days too windy to fish.

I don’t see myself attending this as I joined a new club. Being a cheap skate I will want to be there as much as possible to get my cost/ round down 😂

That being said, this club has reciprocals that include Lake View Country Club, which I hear is highly rated and just outside of Erie, PA. I would love to get a few locals out there this year if anyone is interested. 

On 12/28/2022 at 5:27 PM, StuM said:

At this time my thought is Saturday May 20, 2023 as only 1 person was not good for that date (Sorry @Chris Brooks).  I'm hoping for Little Mountain Country Club in Painesville, OH ($59 w/ cart included) and have been trading emails with them.  The one issue we are hitting is that they would book us now for the morning but will not book for the afternoon until Mid-April because of "Potential Events".  With people driving I was looking at tee times starting at 1pm.  I would hate to think I have a plan then 4/5 weeks out lose the course and be scrambling but that may be where we are at.

I'm also thinking a Sunday morning round at Fowler's Mill in Chesterland, OH (south of Little Mountain) for those that want to spend the night but have not heard back from them yet. 

Now, my current question is who would might be interested in spending the night and golfing on Sunday morning?  

Below are the current tentative golfers for Saturday May 20, 2023

1. @StuM
  2. @iacas
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @dennyjones
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @klineka
  7. @billchao
  8. @saevel25
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Divot Master
  11. @vasaribm
  12. @David L Yskes
  13. @Jeremie Boop
  14. @CarlSpackler

I hope the list grows as we get closer and the "Golf Bug" hits people after being stuck inside for the winter.

I'd be ok with spending the night and golfing the next morning , and as for the cost of the course, i'm more worried about the quality...      

And if someone wanted to car pool with me, i'm sure i have plenty of room in my truck

• Thumbs Up 1

It is what it is

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Carl3 said:

That being said, this club has reciprocals that include Lake View Country Club, which I hear is highly rated and just outside of Erie, PA. I would love to get a few locals out there this year if anyone is interested. 

Lake View is fabulous. Second course I joined as a kid when I was 16 (I started playing the year before and played that year at Green Meadows).

There's more to a club membership than "cost per round" @Carl3. C'mon now…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Good News, Little Mountain has agreed to let me book the afternoon of Saturday May 20th.  Apparently they had a tentative event on the schedule that just canceled.  I need to give them an initial count.  Please add your name to the list if interested.  I am going to make sure I can modify the number as we get closer but would like as good an estimate as possible now.

I have been given both good & bad reviews for the Sunday round at Fowler's Mill so I am not booking that now as I would like to make sure we get a course we will all enjoy.

Below are the current tentative golfers for Saturday May 20, 2023.  Currently have 14 interested so would at least book 4 tee times beginning @ 1pm.

1. @StuM
  2. @iacas
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @dennyjones
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @klineka
  7. @billchao
  8. @saevel25
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Divot Master
  11. @vasaribm
  12. @David L Yskes
  13. @Jeremie Boop
  14. @CarlSpackler

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 12/31/2022 at 8:28 AM, Carl3 said:

I don’t see myself attending this as I joined a new club. Being a cheap skate I will want to be there as much as possible to get my cost/ round down 😂

On 12/31/2022 at 2:37 PM, iacas said:

Lake View is fabulous. Second course I joined as a kid when I was 16 (I started playing the year before and played that year at Green Meadows).

There's more to a club membership than "cost per round" @Carl3. C'mon now…

I'm not a local, @ 4 3/4 hour drive, but if the date worked I may try to coordinate it with a lesson with Erik and come out.  Be sure to tag me if you start to talk dates.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I have requested 5 tee times beginning at 1pm on Sat. May 20th at Little Mountain (Painesville, OH).  Hopefully we can add a few more golfers.  I told them we would get an official count closer to the date but do not have a firm "Deadline" at this time.  I was quoted @ $59 per round with cart but with caveat that 2023 pricing is not finalized.  I am also still researching a location for the Sunday Round for those that are interested.  Below is the list as I have it now.  I will publish the "Sunday" list as I get a better idea of where it would be.

Sat. May 20th - Little Mountain

1. @StuM
  2. @iacas
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @dennyjones
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @klineka
  7. @billchao
  8. @saevel25
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Divot Master
  11. @vasaribm
  12. @David L Yskes
  13. @Jeremie Boop
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @GolfLug
  16. @cedrictheo

Sunday May 21st - Location TBD

1. @StuM
  2. @David L Yskes
  3. @dennyjones (Stuart added you, just a little "Nudge")

@David L Yskes - I am open to car pooling.  Maybe @dennyjones will also ride along with us.  I'll PM both of you to discuss that off-line.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

• iacas changed the title to 2023 TST Outing (OH/PA/MI/NY/WV) - Join Us May 20 @ Little Mountain!

@StuM I believe I can make it that weekend. Probable for Saturday and a maybe on Sunday. Hard to say for sure, this far out but definitely interested.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

1. @StuM
  2. @iacas
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @dennyjones
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @klineka
  7. @billchao
  8. @saevel25
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Divot Master
  11. @vasaribm
  12. @David L Yskes
  13. @Jeremie Boop
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @GolfLug
  16. @cedrictheo
  17. @georgep

1. Sunday May 21st - Location TBD

2. @StuM
  3. @David L Yskes
  4. @dennyjones
  5. @georgep

1 hour ago, georgep said:

@StuM I believe I can make it that weekend. Probable for Saturday and a maybe on Sunday. Hard to say for sure, this far out but definitely interested.

I added you to the lists

Stuart M.

We have tee times for 5 groups at Little Mountain for Sat. May 20, 2023 starting at 1pm at $55 per golfer (includes cart).  We are currently at 17 interested.  I can add/subtract but I would like to get a final count to them April 29th.  If we are going above 5 groups I need to let them know as soon as possible.  If you are interested please add your name to the list.

For the Sunday Round, I have 4 interested and have not finalized on a course.  I am working on that so please add your name to that list as well if interested.

Stuart M.

• Administrator

I know of more people who will be adding their names soon.

@BradSomrak possibly, @rwolfe, some local golfers possibly (Alex, Mike, Sean, Ryan, Brock, Mark)… A student or two or three (Jacob)… We will probably lose a few too, but we might get to 24 here, too.

I can attend as well. Any date works, but looks like May 20th is the consensus. Had a ton of fun at the one that was here in Erie last time around. Looking forward to it.