IGNORED

Shoes in the House

iacas

Shoes in the House  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your house regularly or somewhat regularly?

• No, shoes generally come off shortly inside the entryway.
    • Yes, I wear shoes around my house for extended periods of time.

9 hours ago, billchao said:

No. I’m Asian.

I voted no. Shoes come off at door unless I know I’m going to be in & out, in & out.  I am not Asian though, nor was I raised this way. I’m just a neat freak and just found it a way to keep floors cleaner (especially with having kids)

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Shoes come off within the first few minutes. 

Same. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Barefoot as much as possible. I'm a phys. ed teacher so I can't wait to take off my shoes when I get home. Slides sometimes around the house.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator

If your feet look like that, then you've got bigger issues.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

If your feet look like that, then you've got bigger issues.

My wife says my feet are beautiful. Imagine a world where people take their clothes off indoors including under garments. I would not want to sit and relax on their sofa. 😂

feet can perspire and can be a breeding ground for biological growth. Now if we installed a foot bath near the door and if pedicures were more common, I might change my stance.

I voted yes, because sometimes I wear shoes inside if I know I will be going outside a lot. But I guess that more often than not I am barefoot, in socks, or have slippers on. I also wear my slippers outside a lot or slides, depending on what I need to do or how long I will be out.  It is below zero right now, so I probably won't wear my slippers to check the mail today though. My wife almost always wears shoes inside because of flat feet and not wearing shoes makes her knees and/or back hurt sometimes.

War Eagle!

40 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

My wife says my feet are beautiful. Imagine a world where people take their clothes off indoors including under garments. I would not want to sit and relax on their sofa. 😂

feet can perspire and can be a breeding ground for biological growth. Now if we installed a foot bath near the door and if pedicures were more common, I might change my stance.

You should become a foot model for Sears!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I grew up in a no shoes house, and my house is also a no shoes house. We rarely have guests but when we do we usually don't ask them to remove their shoes, unless they're wet and dirty.

My wife and I have indoor crocs that we wear. The whole family has crocs for the backyard, and also front yard/street crocs for taking the dog for a walk, or putting the trash out.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

So you wear gloves at all times in your house, too?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

feet can perspire and can be a breeding ground for biological growth

This is just another reason to take your shoes off when you get inside, not the other way around. Your feet need to be able to air out and dry. Bacteria tends to like moist environments. Guess what happens when you trap your feet in socks and shoes for most of the day?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is just another reason to take your shoes off when you get inside, not the other way around. Your feet need to be able to air out and dry. Bacteria tends to like moist environments. Guess what happens when you trap your feet in socks and shoes for most of the day?

Yup. @Carl3 has it backward.

47 minutes ago, billchao said:

You've inspired me.

I just kicked off my shoes and socks. 

Edit: 5 minutes after taking off my shoes and socks I stepped on one of my kids' Legos! Damned you, Bill! 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Funny...I guess you have a point that we wouldn't want to sit on the sofa if Dad's hairy butt had been resting there for the last 2 hours. But.......

2 hours ago, iacas said:

So you wear gloves at all times in your house, too?

Yeah, we are all covered in bacteria, and most of them are harmless, and in the case of gut flora, they are beneficial. And...

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Yeah.... and your shoes too, need to be able to air out and dry. 

We are a no shoes house. Some frequent guests even leave slippers with us for when they come over. I was at a friend's house a week ago. They have been living in a condo for about 15 years. The original floors are in pristine condition because they are militant about taking shoes off. My mom was Italian, and she and all her sisters insisted that the family took shoes off at the door. But when they had company, like a party, even if it was all family (i.e., Christmas Eve), people kept their shoes on for that. On the other end of the spectrum, I was at a party at an Indian family's house. We all ate sitting cross-legged on the floor, barefoot. We were sitting pretty close, too, so you were looking holding your dinner plate while the next person's bare feet were about 3 feet from you. That was an odd experience 😮

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

20 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

They have been living in a condo for about 15 years. The original floors are in pristine condition because they are militant about taking shoes off. My mom was Italian, and she and all her sisters insisted that the family took shoes off at the door.

I have wood floors throughout my house, both oak and fir.  I have never asked anyone to remove their shoes.  The house and floors are for living in/on.  I don't use headcovers on my irons, either.

The only person I ever asked to remove their snow-encrusted boots was my son when he comes in from sledding or snowperson-building.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

5 minutes after taking off my shoes and socks I stepped on one of my kids' Legos! Damned you, Bill! 

It’s not my fault your kids don’t know how to pick up after themselves. My kids, on the other hand, absolutely my fault.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

It’s not my fault your kids don’t know how to pick up after themselves. My kids, on the other hand, absolutely my fault.

Bill, modern parents are supposed to blame everyone for their children's behavior except for themselves. 

GloomyFlamboyantGrayling-size_restricted.gif.07242255eaa915799c9f5877b0781731.gif

Back to the topic. I often take my shoes off at my desk when working. When I do, the socks have to come off too. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.