IGNORED

2023 Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa

It looked like Homa blew past Rose without acknowledging him after Rose made the putt on 18. I hope not because Homa usually seems like a decent guy.

4 hours ago, klineka said:

You "were given a rash of shite" because you claimed that Vegas had Europe as the favorite, which wasn't factually accurate as I pointed out to you on Sept 1st.

Last I checked it's still a country of freedom of speech. At least as long as we have a sane president and  a senate majority. 

I am not a gambler as I work hard for my money and know that Vegas and any other gambling arena makes odds that over time you are guaranteed to loose. I thought I saw odds favoring Europe when I posted that. As I have said I am not a gambler so perhaps I mistook the negative numbers as against the USA. I really don't give a shite!  I do bet on my  golf games as I like the incentive that money games bring to my  game. 

Clearly the USA is being out matched in all departments. Zack Johnson is a nice guy but has made numerous bad decisions and Luke Donald has shown a genius level of decision making. 

Edited by snow bird

This website is. AWESOME!!: 

Live strokes-gained data from the 2023 Ryder Cup.

So far, the best players for the event in strokes gained total. Rahm (it's not even close), Viktor, Fitz, Hatton, Rose, Wyndham, Rory, Scottie, Brooks, Fleetwood. 

US putting has been bad. 8 out of the bottom 12 in SGP are USA. SG T2G, 7 of the bottom 12 are USA players. 

The worst player has been Spieth. -5 strokes from tee to green. Like, he should not play the rest of the Ryder cup. He is just BAD.  Same with Morikawa. Looks like they will keep the JT and Spieth train rolling on Saturday. I have no clue how JT and Speith were in that match today.  Man, it must have been tough on JT at the end. They took his score on the last 4 holes. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats to Scotty and Sam on the winning of 1 hole, at least they didn't get skunked. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I recorded the coverage with plans to watch tonight, but WOW, The US got their butts kicked.  Hopefully it is not too depressing to watch.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Well we'll know if they have a chance with that first group.  Spieth/JT has been a great combo over the years, but Spieth in Foursomes is a tough one.  JT played by himself the entire back 9 in four ball.  If Spieth plays like that in foursomes, they'll be done by Hole 13.  If they can get a point in that match though, they could be a good spot.  Koepka/Scottie are favored in their match, and the other two are toss ups.  

At a minimum they need to cut the lead to 2.5-3 by the end of the day tomorrow.  That's pretty much the inflection point IMO.  Better than that and they have a really good shot going into Sunday.  Worse than that and it's probably over.  

Just to look back at the history, the U.S. usually gets hammered in this event. 18 of them since 1985 and the U.S. has only won six. Haven't won in Europe since 1993. I was in frigging high school back then. 

I don't see how any of this is on ZJ. When players get hot they make the captains look like geniuses no matter who they get paired up with.. and vice versa. 

These are the best 12 he came with. Pairing chemistry can work if players play as advertised. 

I hope they turn it around just so ZJ railers can eat their words. And I'm not even a ZJ fan.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

51 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Just to look back at the history, the U.S. usually gets hammered in this event. 18 of them since 1985 and the U.S. has only won six. Haven't won in Europe since 1993. I was in frigging high school back then

Ya young punk. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
9 hours ago, snow bird said:

I made a comment that Vegas was going strong for Europe. I was given a rash of shite from a bunch of people here. Well looks like this thing will over sooner than later.

And you were literally wrong when you made that comment.

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I don’t really see a way back for the US right now. They really needed to claw some points back but they’re going to be 4 back at best after today. 

Lots of points left. They could (they won't, but they could) win 6.5 to 1.5 tomorrow and tie it up.

6 hours ago, klineka said:

Tough that the US lost the 18th hole 3 straight times to halve all of those matches.

Seriously. That was ridiculous.

Wyndham choked twice.

6 hours ago, klineka said:

I still think they need to be within 2 or 2.5 after tomorrow to have a chance on Sunday so they'll need to get 5.5-6+ points tomorrow.

Yes.

4 hours ago, snow bird said:

Last I checked it's still a country of freedom of speech.

What "country" is that, exactly? This is a private site on the Internet. And…

free_speech.png

I am not a gambler as I work hard for my money and know that Vegas and any other gambling arena makes odds that over time you are guaranteed to loose.

It's "lose." And, no, not everyone loses over time.

AND, that's not what you said: you said Vegas favored Europe. That's factually incorrect.

I thought I saw odds favoring Europe when I posted that.

You were wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Putting! If the US team can just sure up the putting we will be ok. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

And you were literally wrong when you made that comment.

Lots of points left. They could (they won't, but they could) win 6.5 to 1.5 tomorrow and tie it up.

Seriously. That was ridiculous.

Wyndham choked twice.

Yes.

What "country" is that, exactly? This is a private site on the Internet. And…

free_speech.png

It's "lose." And, no, not everyone loses over time.

AND, that's not what you said: you said Vegas favored Europe. That's factually incorrect.

You were wrong.

Very cute cartoon. You must be pretty bored to dig that up.  have a nice time watching the  RC tomorrow. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, snow bird said:

Very cute cartoon. You must be pretty bored to dig that up.  have a nice time watching the  RC tomorrow. 

Uh, it's right here: https://thesandtrap.com/guidelines/.

You should read the rest of that page, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok I acknowledge that I was wrong about the Vegas odd. My question is how could Vegas be so far off? It was clear to anyone who watches golf that the European team was far stronger than the US team. BTW I don't think even a better selection of US players would have helped much.

1 hour ago, snow bird said:

Ok I acknowledge that I was wrong about the Vegas odd. My question is how could Vegas be so far off? It was clear to anyone who watches golf that the European team was far stronger than the US team. BTW I don't think even a better selection of US players would have helped much.

Because like many people you don’t understand the system. Vegas odds don’t necessarily reflect the probability of the event. Just an indication of where the balance of bets they have taken lies. Bookies make their money whoever wins then. Equal levels of risk and a built in profit margin of 5-10 percent. The house always wins. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

• Administrator
3 hours ago, snow bird said:

It was clear to anyone who watches golf that the European team was far stronger than the US team.

Also untrue.

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

Because like many people you don’t understand the system. Vegas odds don’t necessarily reflect the probability of the event. Just an indication of where the balance of bets they have taken lies. Bookies make their money whoever wins then. Equal levels of risk and a built in profit margin of 5-10 percent. The house always wins. 

Not totally accurate there either. Vegas gambles too. They have far more info.

USA:

Scheffeler is  arguably one of the best players in the game. Yet he has been struggling with his putter the later part of the season  

Brooks Koepka is the next best yet ZJ snubbed him the first round 1 morning group. Dumb move.

After  that good players but no one played particularly well near the end of the season except Harmon.

Europe:

Rahm has been solid for at least two seasons

Holland probably the best young player on the planet 

Mcllroy is having a great season 

Fleetwood has been playing very  well especially late in this season