IGNORED

2023 British Open

Beastie

I think we fall into the trap of thinking because the leaders aren’t major winners, that the leaders are only leading because the great players are playing poorly. But I don’t see that. Harmon is playing like he was playing different course today. Fleetwood really pushed to save par on a bunch of holes. Kudos to both of them. I hope both of them hold their own the next couple of days.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think we fall into the trap of thinking because the leaders aren’t major winners, that the leaders are only leading because the great players are playing poorly. But I don’t see that. Harmon is playing like he was playing different course today. Fleetwood really pushed to save par on a bunch of holes. Kudos to both of them. I hope both of them hold their own the next couple of days.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
6 hours ago, billchao said:

Wow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rahmbo just carded a 63, 8 under on the day, -6 for the tourney.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Leaderboard is gearing up for Sunday. Even if Harman has a similar lead tomorrow, it’s far from over.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

Rahmbo just carded a 63, 8 under on the day, -6 for the tourney.

First round of 64 or lower at Hoylake in the Open.

26 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Leaderboard is gearing up for Sunday. Even if Harman has a similar lead tomorrow, it’s far from over.

The scoring average is down today and so far he’s moving in the wrong direction.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Are you guys watching some golf championship in Liverpool? All I’m getting is a Beatles tribute interrupted by a few golf shots.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The R&A should be ashamed for letting the course get so easy! They should turn up the wind machines, turn off the rain and grow the rough around the greens to 6” (15cm) overnight to make this a tougher tournament.😜

• Funny 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The R&A should be ashamed for letting the course get so easy! They should turn up the wind machines, turn off the rain and grow the rough around the greens to 6” (15cm) overnight to make this a tougher tournament.😜

And what’s up with those amateur pot bunkers? Minimum walls of 8ft otherwise it’s not even a hazard!

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I so wanna swing like Fleetwood when I grow up. That's gotta be one of the most ideal links swing of all time.

Vishal S.

59 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Are you guys watching some golf championship in Liverpool? All I’m getting is a Beatles tribute interrupted by a few golf shots.

I could watch 50 hours of golf this week with zero ads. Maybe one or two the first and last minute of the broadcast. No Beatles here. 😀

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

18 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I could watch 50 hours of golf this week with zero ads. Maybe one or two the first and last minute of the broadcast. No Beatles here. 😀

Along with your 50 hours of golf in Norway each year. 😃

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I have often said that the golden age of major championship golf (aka, the years when I was getting into golf, naturally), the Open Championship's strategy of giving some of the gardeners a few weeks off from maintaining the second cut was the best. ;-) 

It is nice to see three people who I wanted to see win last year's British in the top 11 of the leaderboard this year. 

Oooh, and it was nice to see a spectator wearing a New Orleans Saints hat.  And I don't even like the Saints, I just love seeing NFL apparel overseas. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Brian’s on FIYA!

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Still hoping for a  Harman collapse. 

I do not know much about Harmon, why do I see a lot of negativity about him?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)