IGNORED

2023 British Open

Beastie

4 minutes ago, StuM said:

I do not know much about Harmon, why do I see a lot of negativity about him?

Maybe people don't want to see him become the first left handed person to win a British Open? 🤷‍♂️

Actually, I'm not even sure that'd be the case if he wins, as it is possible a left handed person won the British Open playing right-handed.  Two players, both right-handed people, have won the British Open while playing left handed, and they're the only to who showed up on a quick Google search. 

(Okay, I mostly wanted to say that trivia point sometime this week)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I so wanna swing like Fleetwood when I grow up. That's gotta be one of the most ideal links swing of all time.

Ditto - I love his swing

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

30 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Maybe people don't want to see him become the first left handed person to win a British Open? 🤷‍♂️

Actually, I'm not even sure that'd be the case if he wins, as it is possible a left handed person won the British Open playing right-handed.  Two players, both right-handed people, have won the British Open while playing left handed, and they're the only to who showed up on a quick Google search. 

Harman is apparently right-handed.

I don’t know much about Harman or mind if he wins, I just don’t want to see a runaway win since that’s not entertaining.

He will most likely win with that lead and how he’s been playing.

Edited by Zeph
  • Informative 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3 hours ago, Shindig said:

Mickelson won in 2013. I’m pulling for Harman. He weathered a rough start today, but rallied. I think Rahm is the chaser to watch though.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Mickelson won in 2013. I’m pulling for Harman. He weathered a rough start today, but rallied. I think Rahm is the chaser to watch though.

I remember Mickelson's win;  I liked him back then.  However, he, like Bob Charles, is a right handed person who won the British while playing left handed.  

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

Harman is apparently right-handed.

Hmm.  Now I wonder what his reason for playing left-handed is.  I understand Phil's and I guess I never looked into Bob Charles's. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

45 minutes ago, Shindig said:

However, he, like Bob Charles, is a right handed person who won the British while playing left handed.

It’s golf. If they play with lefty clubs, they’re considered left handed. Nobody cares what hand they sign their checks with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, StuM said:

I do not know much about Harmon, why do I see a lot of negativity about him?

I dont  have anything against  him, i just want to see an exciting finish

• Thumbs Up 1

Same dumb schtick since joining.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, jxdama said:

I dont  have anything against  him, i just want to see an exciting finish

Oh, but the guy leading is already -12, so clearly, this tournament is crap.

Am I doing that right?

• Funny 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Am I doing that right?

Yes, but as Scott pointed out yesterday, make sure to berate the R&A for allowing too much rain thereby allowing the greens to be too receptive…Not sure what kind of pansy tournament these guys are running 

• Funny 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Loving Rory being -3 thru 5

• Like 1

-Jonny

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Am I doing that right?

Its  not a  hard  course at all and the  players griped after day 1 so they made the  bunkers alot easier.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Yes, but as Scott pointed out yesterday, make sure to berate the R&A for allowing too much rain thereby allowing the greens to be too receptive…Not sure what kind of pansy tournament these guys are running 

And why all of those water drops on the cameras? Cmon guys 😜

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Harman can probably shoot 75 today and still win this.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Well, Rory’s gotta push on the gas pedal a little more this point (after 8 holes)

-Jonny

4 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Well, Rory’s gotta push on the gas pedal a little more this point (after 8 holes)

Rory isn’t winning this barring a minor miracle. Rahm shot 63 yesterday for the lowest score ever and Rory started the day nine back.

67 is going to be a good score today.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Rory isn’t winning this barring a minor miracle. Rahm shot 63 yesterday for the lowest score ever and Rory started the day nine back.

67 is going to be a good score today.

You’re not being very kind by killing my whimsical dream 

Now Rory killed it himself - can’t afford to drop strokes

-Jonny

20 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

You’re not being very kind by killing my whimsical dream 

Now Rory killed it himself - can’t afford to drop strokes

There were plenty of people with a reasonable chance to catch Harman and win at the start of the day but Rory wasn’t one of them. Even if Harman pulled a Norman, someone not name Rory likely wins.

I can’t get over how Harman's umbrella makes him look like a roadside golf glove vendor.

• Funny 3

Bill

My Swing Thread