IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Ryguy22 said:

Count me in for the two rounds. Sounds like a blast.

@StuM, this is the "Ryan M" I was noting above. Ryan is going to talk to "Mike D" about playing too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Ryguy22 said:

Count me in for the two rounds. Sounds like a blast.

Great, should I put you on the hotel list as well?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, StuM said:

Great, should I put you on the hotel list as well?

He’s going to room with Mike D, who needs to come on and say he’s coming, so yes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was at Eaglesticks today to watch my son in a college tournament. Course is in decent, but not great, shape for this early in the season. Greens look nice, fairways were ok, couple rough spots in the rough. Bunkers were a disaster and were considered GUR. LCP in the fairways with several plugged balls. There was significant flooding in the area this week, so I assume that affected the bunkers a lot. However, the bunkers have not been in good shape any of the times I have been there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

War Eagle!

15 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I was at Eaglesticks today to watch my son in a college tournament. Course is in decent, but not great, shape for this early in the season. Greens look nice, fairways were ok, couple rough spots in the rough. Bunkers were a disaster and were considered GUR. LCP in the fairways with several plugged balls. There was significant flooding in the area this week, so I assume that affected the bunkers a lot. However, the bunkers have not been in good shape any of the times I have been there. 

Probably a concession they have made over the years. A lot of golf courses can't afford to maintain them. I think they should just fill them and leave only a few where needed. Or it takes years for them to put in new bunkers since it costs so much to do so. 

Yea, with the amount of rain Ohio has gotten, especially in the lower half of the state, I am not shocked it isn't in the best of shape. I doubt they could get equipment out there without risk of damaging the ground (tire ruts). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

(edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 11:41 AM, Jeremie Boop said:

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me. We just bought another house, put money into our other one to get it ready to rent. So convincing her to let me spend money on a golf trip, on top of being away for a full day can be..... challenging

You could sell some blood plasma for some extra cash. 🙃

Edited by CarlSpackler
  • Funny 1

- Shane

9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Probably a concession they have made over the years. A lot of golf courses can't afford to maintain them. I think they should just fill them and leave only a few where needed. Or it takes years for them to put in new bunkers since it costs so much to do so. 

You are correct about this trend. I'm sure we've all seen it. While not the end of the world, it's kind of too bad.

I play Bent Tree a lot here in Central Ohio. I like the place, and have a good relationship with the folks there. 8 - 10 years ago their bunkers were always in great condition. Then they slowly got worse and worse until 2021, when the bunkers were down-right-unplayable. Recently they have removed a bunch of them and started working on the ones they kept. They are trying to strike a balance between having fewer bunkers but ones which are better maintained. I think they are doing the right thing. 

You hit the nail on the head "I think they should just fill them and leave only a few where needed." No matter how nice the fairways and greens are, and even if you don't end up in a bunker, walking by bunker after bunker that's hardened, filled with weeds and unmaintained just gives you an opinion about the course that's not particularly positive.  

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Sorry I won't make it this time. Only missed my spring visit to Erie by 5 weeks. Maybe my absence will cause it to not rain.  Have fun everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marshall

I'm going to confirm numbers next week.  Its time to commit!

Below is updated with best information I have. PLEASE add/delete your tag as necessary.

Saturday, June 1st at EagleSticks:

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22
  16. Mike D - TENTATIVE - ITs time to commit

Hotel needed Sat. Evening:

1. @billchao and @boogielicious
  2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952
  6. @Ryguy22 and Mike D (?)

@Hardspoon/@iacas organizing their own room.

Sunday, June 2nd at Virtues:

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep (Tentative)
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22
  14. Mike D - TENTATIVE - It is time to commit

Below have express interest but have not confirmed.  PLEASER confirm one way or the other.

1. @vasaribm
  2. @brockman21
  3. @Greenshirt100
  4. @BradSomrak

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

@StuM, I imagine you're still planning to keep spots open if, say, we have 14 people committed, leaving two spots open on a particular day. Is that right? Four foursomes… with two open spots?

I'm going to mentioning this to some people I know, of course. Looking like we'll get to 16 on day 1, and 14 on day 2.

50 minutes ago, StuM said:

Below is updated with best information I have. PLEASE add/delete your tag as necessary.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22

2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep (Tentative)
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22

Below have express interest but have not confirmed.  PLEASER confirm one way or the other.

1. @vasaribm
  2. @brockman21
  3. @Greenshirt100
  4. @BradSomrak

In for both days of golf and hotel, just as in the lists.  I'll drive into town Friday afternoon, will coordinate that nights hotel directly with you.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

@StuM, I imagine you're still planning to keep spots open if, say, we have 14 people committed, leaving two spots open on a particular day. Is that right? Four foursomes… with two open spots?

I'm going to mentioning this to some people I know, of course. Looking like we'll get to 16 on day 1, and 14 on day 2.

I plan to hold as many as they allow.

Stuart M.

10 hours ago, StuM said:

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22

2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep (Tentative)
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22

1. @vasaribm
  2. @brockman21
  3. @Greenshirt100
  4. @BradSomrak

I’m in for the two days, both golf and hotel. And I’ll room with @Ryguy22

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank goodness this is in June. The entire state is in a flood watch, and i am not sure it will dry out by June 😛.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can still add players, so let's make this a large outing.  Please post if you want to join us for either day, or both days!

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22
  16. @DinnerTime

2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952
  6. @Ryguy22 and @DinnerTime

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep 
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22
  14. @DinnerTime

Below have express interest but have not confirmed.  PLEASE confirm one way or the other.

1. @vasaribm
  2. @Greenshirt100

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.