IGNORED

Left hand low putting

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never tried any other style besides traditional. It is a fairly solid stroke, but I think I am going to try left hand low for a little while just to see if it somehow helps my game. How many of you guys use this style? If you switched from traditional to left hand low, what did you notice and how do you like it? Did you get better results?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My pro got me to use the left-hand low grip.
It works well for me, it's for people who are right-hand dominant to help even things out a bit.

Putts go a little shorter than they used to.
I find I putt a lot better using this grip

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I've never seriously tried it... never really saw a need for it.
My putting has usually been the strongest part of my game. The open stance, right hand low style has worked pretty well for me. Like James says, when I've messed around with it on occasion, I've found it to be very uncomfortable on longer putts.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Give it a try, what could it hurt? I switched to left hand low about 10 years ago, but have recently gone back to a standard grip. I do feel better on longer putts with the standard grip.

That's really the only thing I'm worried about. I'm going to try it for sure

Bryan A

ive used it for about 6 years now, i used to have trouble with distance control with conventional grips, especially going too long, but i find that i am more consistent and not hitting it too hard.

Colin P.

I've used it maybe a year. I switched because I wanted to give it a shot. It was uncomfortable, and I putted worse at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was much better. Putting has always been the one part of the game I was totally comfortable with, so it was hard to make the switch, but it's led to good results.

I don't but my dad does about half the time. He's much better left hand low, I don't know why he ever switches. He plays maybe 5 times a year max and shoots in the low to mid 80's and putting is by far and away his strength. If he kept stats I would bet he averages in the mid to high 20's per round.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've used it maybe a year. I switched because I wanted to give it a shot. It was uncomfortable, and I putted worse at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was much better. Putting has always been the one part of the game I was totally comfortable with, so it was hard to make the switch, but it's led to good results.

This is me. I putt pretty good and have confidence but I wanted to try it just to see if my putting gets better

Bryan A

I use a grip that's not quite left hand low, it's more like my hands are even and clapped on the club. My left hand might be a quarter to half inch lower than my right. It works great on all putts for me. I don't think I could go back to a traditional grip. I'm definitely right hand dominant on putts. My left is just there to steady the club a bit more. If I could start finding the green sooner I could get my handicap down.

Driver:  Krank Formula Five 7.5 X-Stiff        Fairway Woods:  :gigagolf: Pursuit 3 Wood

Hybrids:  nickent.gif3DX 1 & 3            Irons:  :gigagolf: Powermax TRX 4-PW

Wedges:  callaway.gifX-forged Jaws 52,56        Putter: yesgolf.gif Tracy II

I've been putting this way recently and have found it actually feels more natural to me than the standard grip. The main practical advantage is it pretty much forces you to maintain a flat left wrist through the stroke, so if you are yippy over the short ones -- which I am -- it can make a really big difference.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Give it a try, what could it hurt? I switched to left hand low about 10 years ago, but have recently gone back to a standard grip.

I use the standard grip method (reverse overlap) when putting but have experimented with left hand low over the past couple of years. It does feel a bit weird at first but I got used to it after a few rounds. I often will use both methods during a round primarily using left hand low on shorter putts (10' or less) and conventional on longer putts. Left hand low puts my shoulders more level which does help with shorter putts, I find I have a better feel for distance putting using the traditional way, seem to have more consistency that way.

I have been using left hand low for over 5 years now and putt under 30 regularly. I also enjoy practicing putting and feel very confident with my putting. Left hand low was taught to jim Furyk as a child and I believe is recommend for beginner golfers.

many articles on left hand low putting below is a link to one of them:

http://www.golftipsmag.com/instructi...d-putting.html

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I use the left hand low grip when Putting. My left wrist was breaking down and prior to switching and I just didn't seem able to stop it. I even tried putting left handed and that also worked well. So I tried the left hand low grip and changing the grip has made me a much better putter. It did change my swing path from an inside to outside path to a straight back and back path.

Butch

any body ever just switch to lefthanded putting, then you would just be right hand low with a conventional grip for a right handed putter?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

... It works well for me, it's for people who are right-hand dominant to help even things out a bit. ...

Switched over several years ago. I was a hands putter then, and uneven R hand pressure caused me consistency problems. I'm now a combo arms-shoulder putter, and hands work better together w/L hand low.

Also, I use interlocking grip to take out wobbles. (I use overlap on all non-putts, as interlock seems to restrict hand action too much on full shots)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

a friend of mine switched a few months ago and it really helped him improve. keeps the clubface square at impact too. he is a little worse at long putts now and alot better at short ones. so he misses the long ones by a foot or two more now but holes nearly everything he reads rights inside 8. the stroke never lets him down.

G15 9* stiff
MP-60 s400
CG15 52* 56* 60*
COLT Eyeline Lefthanded
Z-star or Pro V1

I tried it in today's round and did not like it at all. I don't know if I want to give a try or not. I feel like I can keep it on line more traditional. Is this the way everyone felt? I knew it would feel different, but it just felt straight up awkward.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 4106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!