IGNORED

Rate the Avatar of the poster above you.

jshots

Note: This thread is 2061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, gatsby47 said:

7 out of 10. Imaginative poster. They use to play  Down with Ohio State they're a no nothing party school on CKLW the week of the Michigan / Ohio State football game.  I would think that it wasn't nearly as funny in Columbus as it was in Ann Arbor.

8. Would be a 10 if Leo was holding the Oscar!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
  • Popular Now

• Broke 90 for the first time today with an 89 ! Had been under 45 at Walden , Mellomar, and Hawthorne each of my last 9 hole rounds so was working my way to it. Bought an 11 wood after work Thursday and it has been a nice addition, getting more comfortable with the old $4 Wilson chipper from eBay as well and keeping away from the pitch shots that have been inconsistent. Been teeing up almost exclusively with the 9 wood recently, mixed in the 5 wood today some off the tee and deck. I was racing the sun as I teed off at 3:00PM solo with no one behind me, I think not having any time to overthink or anyone on my tail helped.
    • The point is choosing a more affordable school (state schools generally costing less than private schools).  It revolves around making a good personal financial decision. State governments can control private school tuition?  If they can, that’s news to me
    • Interesting. It sounds like the loan is getting repaid incrementally over time based on income, and is not forgiven. Is that correct? 
    • Do you have a system where the loan is paid back at a certain percentage of salary once it reaches a certain level? This is how HECS (Higher Education Contribution Scheme) works in Australia. HECS-HELP has two components - it is both a loan and a student discount. ... Loan repayments are then made through the Australian taxation system when your income reaches a certain threshold ($46,620 for the 2020-21 financial year). It is possible to make voluntary repayments at any time regardless of income.
    • 1. It’s not asinine to think people should be held accountable for their decisions. Life isn’t fair. Again, people should seek wise council before making big decisions.    2. agreed that colleges take advantage of people, but it doesn’t excuse people from the consequences of their choices. I don’t think adults of sound mind can play the victim because they didn’t do their due diligence in researching their options before signing the dotted line.  3. It wasn’t a jump to make the inference from his comment. His comment was that if they would have to drop out if they didn’t have the loan. But his position was that they should be able to go anyway…to me, and I certainly could have misinterpreted his point, it seems he was saying they should be able to go regardless. To me, that sounds as if he was conveying  that people are entitled to go regardless of their ability to pay.    I 100% agreed that the system needs reform, I just disagree that loans should be forgiven. I don’t think you or I will change our minds on that. We just fundamentally disagree on the extent of someone’s personal responsibility/accountability for their choices.     
  • Today's Birthdays

1. baileyshaw437
      baileyshaw437
      (44 years old)
    2. duecetee
      duecetee
      (32 years old)
    3. Marshal Law
      Marshal Law
      (77 years old)
    4. Matt06
      Matt06
      (34 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...