IGNORED

What is your favourite shot to hit?

mosnas
Note: This thread is 4348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i love a fairway bunker shot that lands on the green.   second, a nice flop shot (as others have said).

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I've got to go with my favorite get out of jail shot.  After slicing a drive into trees on the right side, I take out a 5 iron and hit a low liner that shoots towards the fairway through a gap in the trees and bends (slices) up towards the green.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Flop shots. Probably my top three or four best shots ever were flop shots. Shots where I have to bend a big hook around trees can be fun too. I also like drives where you have to hit over trees.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

A perfect wedge from 100yds out with a nice, dollar-bill divot and about 3 feet of spin.

That......and whiskey.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

My favorite shot is a well executed fade off the tee.

I can say my favorite shot is def coming off a bad hole and the juices are kinda flowing, then stepping up to the tee and just mashing a power fade dead down the middle. Calms me right down

Pured irons for sure, especially the longer ones. A higher 'capper like myself gets used to a bit of a brutal feeling at impact (less so lately, thank God) and to hit one crisp and barely feel it gives me aspirations of the PGA Tour. Flop shots and good drives really give me a tickle too.

Also, when I first started playing I was a horrendous ball striker, and the only excitement I ever got were long putts. For some reason I had this nice touch and I would cash a few from 20+. That's the stroke that gets the ball in the cup, after all!

I love the feel of a well-struck 2/3 pitch. Don't know why, but feeling the club slide through the ball and watching a divot get peeled out and kicked up after the ball, followed by watching the ball drop down by the pin, is very, very satisfying. After that, I'd say striping a long hybrid on the second shot on a par 5.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

A six inch birdie putt.

More than a six inch eagle putt? :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Draining a long birdie putt with an opponent sitting in "should make" range.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Taking a medium to short iron - especially an 8i - and hitting a draw back against a left-to-right crosswind. I've had some shots fly in close on this one.

Next best is having a drive do just what I planned it to do.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by jamo

More than a six inch eagle putt?

I don't reach many par 5's in two, but I believe I'd be able to handle that putt as well.

85 yard wedge shot that takes a small bounce and then stops dead.

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

I love a nice little 9 iron about 140 out with about a 5 yard draw to it. Came so close to a hole in one yesterday with that shot, but I suppose that's bound to happen eventually if you hit enough shots at enough par 3's. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.

Whatever shot goes in the hole.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!