IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Regionalisms don't bother me at all (hey y'all, gonna buy me a sand wedge, broke my old one on accident), but misuse of two/to/too and there/they're/their blow my mind. I don't care what someone studied in college. If they can't sort those out, I don't read their posts.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could care less.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

I could care less.

I could too (since we obviously cared just enough to post comments).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Regionalisms don't bother me at all (hey y'all, gonna buy me a sand wedge, broke my old one on accident), but misuse of two/to/too and there/they're/their blow my mind. I don't care what someone studied in college. If they can't sort those out, I don't read their posts.

And my personal fave: the plural, "all y'all".

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On a discussion board for a history class I took recently another student answered a question about Julius Caesar with the following sentence:

Quote:
Julius Caesar was roofless and ambition.

What do I win?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

On a discussion board for a history class I took recently another student answered a question about Julius Caesar with the following sentence:

What do I win?

Well, in all fairness, it was Augustus who brought enclosed-ceiling architecture to Rome.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:

well it also depends on who shows up ie scratch golfers. hell went to one, a 56 won the tourny we was at 62. the winners was a group that plays together on money tournys. so you can say it was a stacked deck......

Grammar, spelling, and capitalization was all to hell on this one..

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Grammar, spelling, and capitalization was all to hell on this one..

lol, I just read that post about 30 seconds ago.  I didn't understand that part of it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Gregoryhouse

I'm thrilled that you guys kept me out!

Living in a spanish talking country I am really surprised:D

Spanish is with a capital S!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

This isn't a grammar or spelling error so much as it as gaffe. But I can't resist telling it. I'm a network radio announcer for Clear Channel. During the news portion of my shift I have to rip through stories filed by field reporters all over the country, edit and assemble the ones I want for each 'cast, and rush to get on the air at a time that's determined to the second. Then I have to read the copy out loud - often for the first time - while simultaneously watching a countdown clock because I know when it hits zero my mic will be automatically cut off and every client station carrying my report will return to local programming. I have to adjust my tempo starting about a minute before that so I finish my outcue right at that cut-off point and not a second earlier or later. To do that my mouth goes on autopilot while my brain gives priority to everything else. Which is why I know exactly what happened when this (female) ABC Network anchor wrapped up her top-hour national news feed the other day with: "...as announced today by the American Board of Obgins. I'm ______, ABC News." It took me a second after I heard that. "Obgins"? ( She said it almost as a rhyme with "hopkins" .) Then it hit me: "OB-GYN's". Seeing that clock tick from 3...2...1.... does funny things to your composure :doh:

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Woe to the person, with such a small imagination, he is doomed to spell the same word identically every time!!!!!

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I just hate it when people verbificate nouns.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I actually don't care alot. Not to much anyway.

My favourite is  "use to" or "suppose to " which seems almost universal here, instead of "used to" or "supposed to".

What is more irritating, rather than funny, is that quite a few posters are starting sentences with "I pesonally think" or "Myself, personally..."

But...the phrase I want removed from the world most is "Moving forward".  I'll take "alot" over that any day of the week. Even "could care less", in preference.

Oh.... it also seems that quite a few people think that "than" is "then".........I keep reading "rather then"..

But, really, I could care less as long as people don't write "at this particular point in time" or talk about "price points". That bothers me more.

You would prefer someone use "alot"? It is not even a word. This is a post from my not as smart as it thinks it is phone.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

That's cool. I boil my balls before a round to loosen them up a bit. English isn't my first language, so I'm not proficient at it, but I die a little inside when I see some errors. Especially the ones where a person write a word wrong, that is pronounced similarly to another. Like "new" instead of "knew". Some may be typos, some may be spelled different on intent, but in some examples, there is just no way either of those can explain it. The person obviously knows the meaning of the word, but somehow managed to learn the wrong spelling.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by joekelly

I accept te callene (oops keyboard broken, uess wic letters out of order)

Poulter @  4 under takes te wine ju

Bi Jon Daly misses out at 2 under

and El Mecanico (Jimanez)  in  tird at 1 under.

Will you buy my prize?  Very ceap!!

Trivia challenge: which 2 keys are actually broken here?  And how many of you knew that Jon Daly was out of the closet?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West